What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Startlingly NEW with Growing Crimini, Oyster, Straw or Enok Mushrooms

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
All great fungi for food, all easily found and cultivated and I've worked with Enoki and Oysters in the past. It's been a good 10 years, so I'm interested in personal experience with any breakthrough techniques or products which have upset the industry since I've last looked.

Any new super tasty, hardy, fruitful varieties I should actually take time seek out? The family is interested in Crmini (portabella/portabello) and I'm interested in trying at least one new variety which fruits well in warmer temps. I've noticed a reference to Phoenix Oyster and am curious if anyone is growing some.

I'm ok with making a slurry inoculate from store mushrooms, so any 'live' mushroom sales I can find locally are fair game. :)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
And now I see the title has Enoki spelled incorrectly. Ahh... the powers of preservation on the internet are numerous and quirky. lol