What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone running Floraflex nutes?

Mudraya

Curious what all of you think. Seriously considering it, can’t find a ton of clear info about what people are doing with it. Some adding calmag, some not etc...what’s your experience?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Why is their calcium so low in flower? I would rather have a proper nutrient instead of dumping a bunch of extra N in there trying to fix it.

picture.php

Mudraya

Fair enough. They are a newer fert and may not have worked the bugs out...which was a concern. Any other thoughts?

Why is their calcium so low in flower? I would rather have a proper nutrient instead of dumping a bunch of extra N in there trying to fix it.

View Image

My main thinking is powders are potentially superior in every way, and SHOULD be cheaper long term, but I have yet to find a good powder that is also cheaper. Maxi is missing ingredients, Jacks gives black ash and it seems that the folks who love it are a step away from mixing ag ferts from scratch and like to tinker (not me), Vegbloom is nice but way more expensive than justifiable. It’s hard to find a replacement for my good old CNS17 or Floranova but I’m trying lol.

BillFarthing

Veteran
My main thinking is powders are potentially superior in every way, and SHOULD be cheaper long term, but I have yet to find a good powder that is also cheaper. Maxi is missing ingredients, Jacks gives black ash and it seems that the folks who love it are a step away from mixing ag ferts from scratch and like to tinker (not me), Vegbloom is nice but way more expensive than justifiable. It’s hard to find a replacement for my good old CNS17 or Floranova but I’m trying lol.

Black ash? Salts flush out easilyly and Jack's isn't heavy on Phosphorus.

If you want a 1-part salt, Jack's Hydrofeed for soft water or Tap for hard water. I did a run with each and they are ridiculously easy and yielded very well.

Mudraya

If you want a 1-part salt, Jack's Hydrofeed for soft water or Tap for hard water. I did a run with each and they are ridiculously easy and yielded very well.

Yeah while doing research The other day I kept coming across people mentioning that Jack’s gave them black ash. I don’t really know the culprit but there seemed to be a minor consensus.

One or two part is fine by me, as long as it works without a bunch of tinkering and cost reflects the fact that it’s a dry nute lol. Was not aware of the one part, will look into it.

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran

What makes you think it's the p that causes black ash?