What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk Goes to the Jungle (2020)

Cmoon

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]been dumping used coco rootballs on a tub[/FONT]
I constantly recycle, 30% fresh added and turned over a month, cannazym is faster but not cheap, I run the odd heavy doses of general ferts while breaking the heavy rootballs down, tbh after initially having to do this about 17 years ago I much prefer to grow in used stuff if its had the short and right process time, if you can keep it 6 month and keep adding goodness and air it resembles liquid gold.

bests cm

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update

Update

Oldtimer's Haze
OTH #2 looks really happy, perked-ironed out leaves... She's starting to display purple shades, and... bloody sap?

picture.php

Nepal Mists
Seems I got two nice machos... didn't surprise me at all, dunno if coincidence, back in 2008 from my Kali Mist pack, I got five males and one incredible female from the six seeds remaining in the pack, higher male rate?

Nepal Mist #2, Airy & Branchy structure, the most vigorous one:
picture.php

Nepal Mist #1: Columnar and bushier:
picture.php

This year grow is a work in progress and some things didn't turn out as planned, have to admit they've been neglected, if I 'd have a SIL on top of them they wouldn't have stretched that much.

No problem so far keeping their size, they're in 4L pots... I'm targeting 1-1.2 tall canopies in this room for trained plants this grow.

Will leave them a little more so that flowers are more developed, then move them to a different room or cut branches, dip in water and leave near a window inside a closed room to collect pollen, thinking in the OTHs :biggrin:

Violeta
I had to go slightly brutal and crush n bend her too; now the top is under the SILs and the rest under the HPS...

Had a look at the top to see this, come on, Violet!!!! yay!:

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Oaxaca '79 x Panama
Talk about vigor... I've crush n' bend her to find one of her branches "peeking" out like saying "I'm here!" behind KC canopy:

picture.php

Kali China cut
I have to prune her, but... I can't, she's so cute!

picture.php

I can't just prune her and throw away the cut... I think I'm gonna experiment with cut rooting outdoors.

Let's see yield, effect and aromas, but so far this cut ticks all the basics for a good mom I think, excellent and vigorous reaction to pruning.

Flower Room:
picture.php

I'm trying to come up with the optimal power "distribution" along time, taking into acount vegging and flowering phases with regards to electricity bill, adding lamps as we go. Will be adding the rest this week, those two started with around 550W total output, they were set at 800W last week.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Flower Room / Sexing Update

Flower Room / Sexing Update

Only two unsexed regulars, the OTH #2 plus Kalichakra #2.

Kalichakra
Kalichakra #2, which was fimmed, LST'd and crunch/bent and repotted to a 7L pot is taking her time to throw preflowers as is concentrated on rooting, I have the hunch is a girl, hence the repot.

Kalichakra #1 Is nicely developing into flower with budsites slowly appearing. Stretch is being managed by crunch n' bend.

Nepal Mists
Both Nepal Mists were males, seeing how the rest of girls are rushing into flowering seeing those bananas and the fans made me really uneasy, so off to a remote room they went.

They have indirect ambient light, will wait for some flowers to pop to collect pollen from both; if OTH #2 is a female, I'll make some seeds (OTH x NM).

Satoris
Satori #1 is a confirmed and huge columnar girl. Happy about that because she's already on her final 11L pot, so she will probably be the second first finisher after Violeta.

Satori #2 was a male and was culled.

OTH #1
Is a male... will remove him from the room today.

picture.php

Flower Room
This left the flower room with more space. Rearranged the plants, switching Tikal X P and Kalichakra #2 to HPS side.

Violeta was further bent and tied to open up a wider and lower top canopy.

Kali China is being crunch and bent, both in order to lower her canopy, and also to reshape her from an inverted pyramid to a cube-shape canopy. She really reacts like a predictable sativa and I trust she has a rather healthy root system, I haven't noticed any stress on her so far.

Oaxaca '79 x Panama and C5 Haze x Kalichina underwent similar treatments, with crunch n bend looking for cube shaped canopies.

picture.php

Working on the lights...

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Vegging

Vegging

Here are the girls:

picture.php

Bottom left to right: Orient Express x Nep Jam, Purple Pakistan Haze.
Front: Zamaldelica x Panama (fimmed, LST'd and crunch n bent), Red Sapphire #1 (fimmed, taking a really nice ball shape), Red Sapphire #2 (fimmed, LSTd').

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
OldTimer's Haze Update

OldTimer's Haze Update

OTH #2

picture.php

I think is a female... would love to pollinate her with Nepal Mist! Let's see...

I had a crunch n bend session and moved her to the spot where OTH #1 was, i.e. switch from HPS to SILs, which seem (vs HPS) to

1) Contain stretch

2) Reveal preflowers faster, all girls on the SIL side showed preflowers before, and seems to engage in flowering faster.

OTH #1
Removed from the Flower Room, will be culled.

Have to admit with equal amounts of sadness and relief... he got out of hand, flowering indoors would for sure have been a challenge. My mistake: that 7L pot, lesson learnt.

picture.php

picture.php

General shot:
picture.php

Left background: OTH #1, foregound Kalichakra #1.
To the right: front: Kalichina, background Oaxaca '79 x Panama.
Next: foreground Violeta, background Satori #1
On the right: background: C5 Haze x Kali China, foreground: Tikal x Panama, Kalichakra #2.

I havent touched lamps height at all on latest 6 pics.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lebanese Update

Lebanese Update

She keeps flowering fast, no signs of reveg so far:

Same bud, become 3x as big...

picture.php

Bulking up nicely... starting to get a delicious mango aroma when I'm around her.
picture.php

Budding detail:
picture.php
picture.php

I inspect her regularly looking for nanners and thought I had found some, but no, after closer inspection I realized they were unmature seeds...

Seems when the male was outside had time to release some pollen. About 20% of buds have like 15% of seeded/decaying pistils, in addition to a lower one I pollinated manually. Hard to say due to the emerging purples.

picture.php

She looks like is starving by the look of her fans, but I know she isn't. It will bounce back as soon as she colonizes the pot, which hasn't happened yet.

I usually modulate the feeds, adding SOP in detriment of N while keeping EC=0-9-1 at this stage; I want a plant full of beautiful buds, not full of beautiful fans.

All new growth, i.e. sugar leaves are lush green turning to a darker hue... purple is coming!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Cuts / Moms

I had a look at the rootballs of the cuts when disposing of the males, this is Satori #2, which was cut on 4/18, so about 2 and a half weeks:

picture.php

I carefully shredded the rootball to analyze it, it had developed a super healthy and dense root system.

All looking fine, only had one cut failing to root, one of the Oaxaca (took two because one, in fact the one that didn't make it didn't look fine for me for starters).

picture.php

Kali China one, the tallest one on the background left, has all the potential to make a great mom.

Had to prune it, and repeated the rooting process, thinking on bringing her outdoors, so two cuts now.

A shame Nepal Mist #2 was a male... I think it took like 3 days to root and bounce, would have made a great mom too.

Vegging girls
They will be moved to the flowering room ASAP:

picture.php

Background left to right: Orient Express x Nep Jam (showed variegation), Purple Pakistan Haze

Foreground: Zamaldelica x Panama, Red Sapphire #1, Red Sapphire #2.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Checked the COBs, and as you said unnamedmike, the first Chip connected to + acted like a diode/fuse when I mistakenly fed the COBs 240VAC, the rest are mint :huggg:

I have a HLG-185H-C1050A (current regulated) that works from 90-200V, so just rewiring skipping the fried COB was all required to make it work again at the same running point (around 45W per COB chip).

Had a look at mouser and saw the ones I'm using were 25€, so ordered a couple, to have one spare just in case.

I know there are much better COBs out there nowadays, CXB, Vero, etc but vF, power draw, etc is different (and they're more expensive too, not worth IMHO vs SILs), so opted to keep it as it was with the original CXA3070 (3000K, around 9000lumens).

Now the funny thing is gonna be removing the burnt chip from the heatsink... they were glued with thermal compound. Hammer and chisel? :chin:

noknees

Had a look at mouser and saw the ones I'm using were 25€, so ordered a couple, to have one spare just in case.

Now the funny thing is gonna be removing the burnt chip from the heatsink... they were glued with thermal compound. Hammer and chisel? :chin:

you ordered extra an extra cob, but no extra heatsink(s)? you were already paying for shipping....:biggrin:

good luck! i'd probably hurt myself.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
thanks brother :huggg: my other half says I'm Wall-E, if you know what I mean (stocked on parts just in case :biggrin: ).

I'll find the way to recycle something, have heatsinks from other projects (PC parts, Audio amps, PSUs...) :tiphat:

By the way... had an idea, SILs are the sh*t, but requires someone handy to assemble either wiring or multipliers.

Would be cool to develop a modular system, 3-D printable, to use SILs, they would be inter-lockable and would carry the (ultra simple) wiring inside, the wire joints made with wagos that would lock into special places of the inner hood "shell". Or use some smartly designed pressure tabs built into that "shell" to act as wagos/terminal strips.

Imagine an egg crate:
attachment.php

This would provide something assemblable as a lego, and safe as long as you follow the instructions. And making it free to use...

Print the modules you need, wire it with commodity items, and use again, commodity SILs.

Attachments

• C14067-main-530Wx530H.jpg
    C14067-main-530Wx530H.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 25

kritios

By the way... had an idea, SILs are the sh*t, but requires someone handy to assemble either wiring or multipliers.

Would be cool to develop a modular system, 3-D printable, to use SILs, they would be inter-lockable.

This is a great idea! Would make them much more accessible.

I'm just getting my feet wet with SIL's.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Would be cool to develop a modular system, 3-D printable, to use SILs, they would be inter-lockable and would carry the (ultra simple) wiring inside, the wire joints made with wagos that would lock into special places of the inner hood "shell". Or use some smartly designed pressure tabs built into that "shell".

Imagine an egg crate:
View Image

This would provide something assemblable as a lego, and safe as long as you follow the instructions. And making it free to use...

Print the modules you need, wire it with commodity items, and use again, commodity SILs.

I've been thinking about this too. I've got a vision in my head but I know nothing about 3D printers or fabrication. It's amazing you said 'lego' because that's exactly what I had in mind.

Sleek plastic block, predetermined wire channels and pins, user adds sockets and you've got something, mister.