What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help making a big decision

AshtonMoon

This is one of the hardest decisions I have ever been faced with... Its either I stay here and turn down his offer nicely and keep growing black market or get into the legal business of it all and sacrifice a lot of time with my family... I love doing what i do here too. Just wish he didnt live so far away from me. I'm hoping someone will run across this thread with some experience that relates to my situation, that can answer some of my questions about being a master grower and running such an operation. Would I be able to spend maybe half a month here at home or even 3 weeks and half a month or 1 week there working? Or will I basically have to be there all of the time? He said they are ready right now to start, all paper work is done, investors are on standby and all they are waiting on is me. He said I would have a couple weeks or so to decide what I wanted to do. I know this is life and sometimes life can be hard, but the doors this opportunity could open for me in this industry is basically endless.

mack 10

Veteran
get a lawyer..... make a bulletproof contract that has raises, and their expectations of production, etc all figured in so they sign something as well..... dunno about the family thing. but id talk to the fam and a laywer......

I would work consultation only. Extremely limited time on site, with planned return flight tickets in hand.

1. You will be working with people who do not understand growing. This puts a huge crimp on trying to explain why you need to spend X for Y result, or to prevent event Z.

2. What are the restrictions in the proposed growing state? How does this impact your personal growing style?

3. What's the largest sized operation you've personally run, and provided results which were the same each run? How many runs were you able to keep this up?

4. What is your past experience with training others to a specific task?

5. What options do they have for you to telecommute?

Theoretically you should be able to consult for them enough to get them running with a crew. High def cameras can be used, and occasional day trips, to keep things in line.

Ringdoggie is correct, you really don't want to spend much time away from your family. I really don't care how much it pays in fiat, commuting and long absences pay ridiculously little in family value and solidarity. :)

Both great answers.
Really a tricky one.

It' could be a good opportunity' but could be a nitemare.

You Def need something in writing to back yourself up. There are many pitfalls when you are not in control of the money.

Personally with so many big grows already flooding the market, I would go into hash production.

You will have to have AAA+ to even survive .
Will you have control over everything,?
Like, grow methods, IPA, lights
Harvesting, etc etc.

What about Corona virus? Can you even travel there?

Still, could be a winner?

Master grower should be 100k +
But you need to be a master grower.