What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's blumatized organic soil LED mini grow

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Everybody,
After a few posts of this setup and different plants in various other IC threads, I have decided to share plants and tech,problems and solutions of my LED, blumat watered mini grow in organic soil in its own thread.
I grow a max of 4 plants, only for myself, but it's not really micro, so mini fits pretty well.
The tent is a secret jardin lodge 60, the flowering compartement is 60cmX60cm (2'X2') and 130cm (roughly 4') high.
I'm using off the shelf 13w Philips 2700K/ 1521 lumen bulbs with the bubble removed in varying numbers as a lightsource.
For soil, I use Lavender Cowboy's mix #2 with bone, blood and kelp for nutrients and only water from seed to harvest (with some teas added in flower)and blumats with a reservoir that holds 20l (5gal) for watering.
A primaklima fan blows through a rhino filter to keep odors in check.

I will just keep documenting what's happening in my little tent.
Alright then

Here's a pic of today:

There are 4 plants total in flower right now.In the background/left is an OGKush from Humboldt seeds, 36 days into flowering. Go a good dose of bat guano act today.

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the background/right is a revegged bubblegum from TH seeds, that was sent back to flowering 20 days ago.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like things are moving along {& developing} nicely. Those white LEDs are great grow lights & that 2700k should be a good flower spectrum too. is it the same as your last?

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi xmobotx,
Thanks for stopping by.
Yes they are the same as in that last bubblegum run.
I use those 2700ks for everything from seed to flower with no adverse effects so far. They have way more punch than one would imagine.
Although that OGK stayed really squat during veg, it stretched like crazy in flower, that's why I had to remove fan, filter and ducting form the flower compartment ( they are now on top of the tent) to allow for more headroom as one bud already got burnt from direct contact with one of the bulbs.
BTW organic soil is the best thing since sliced bread hehehe.

CC

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the first fixture i made was rebel 2700k on these weird heatsinks made for those stars.

surprisingly good for an average LED

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Update

Hi Everyone,
Sorry it took me a while to get this update together, but I was travelling for 2 weeks.
Here's the tent today:

Maybe a frontal shot is better for an overview:
Note how the flexible bulb holders can be used to get the two bulbs on the far right side lower and closer to the bubblegum plant which is not as high as the kush.

The OG Kush in the back is coming to the end of its flowerinf period
and the revegged bubblegum in the far right corner is about a month from finishing.
In the front you can see the jack herer and the sour blueberry and how I had to bend them over, because they had stretched fully into the lights and some leafs got burned.
They're 2 weeks into flower, stretching like mad and I just got back from travelling in time to react.
Here's a closer view of the OGKush, which is fading out nicely.

It will be another couple days before harvest I think.
Trichs are clear and milky, no ambers yet.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick Update

Quick Update

Hi,
Quick update: The OGK plant is about to be harvested !

been 58 days of 12/12 coming down today or tomorrow...
the bubblegum in the far right corner is at 44 days of flower and in the front the sour blueberry and the jack herer are day 23.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Samuel !
There's not really anything too exciting going on here, but over time I hope to share growing lots of different strains and their smoke reports hehehe.

closetgrower69

Your plants look great! You're just using those LED's right? I use CFL's now, but am considering buying some of those LED's for flowering.

How many lumens per sq. ft? Or how many lumens total? In a 2x2, right?

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Closetgrower,
Yes it's 2'X2' right now I have 10 x 1520 lumen in there...so that should be just short of 4000lumen per sqft.
I have harvested the OGK, will post pics asap.

C

c64

Wow...
Chevy you have really amazing head's!
Your LED fixture produces beautiful healthy plants with fantastic buds! :greenstars:

Keep up the good work! Am looking forward to your update with new pictures!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Up UpDate

Up UpDate

Blazey blazey, eyes are hazey,
Got back from 2 week trip just two days ago, so I figured an update is more than due.
First of all, as promised, harvest pics of the OG kush buds:

Here's a close-up of one of the buds:

And here's the total harvest jarred and stored at 17C and 60%:That will last for a while!

Smokes nice and tastes really kushy, almost like hash in a way. Not as potent as the bubblegum I harvest before this one, but nice overall smoke. Very relaxed and easy. Does impare one's motivation to do chores drastically though ;-)

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Up Up Update

Up Up Update

and here's the rest of the campers, here's the whole tent:
re vegged bubblegum in the front, sour blueberry left background and jack herer right background

I think I should have given this bubblegum more time to re-veg, as the branches are lanky and not very strong

I have given it 65 days so far ( took the first round a bit early)
and it has faded out nicely over the last 2 weeks.
Color changed a bit to purple/lavender and it smells a bit more refined this time around. less on the fruity side and more on the spicey one.

I'll harvest this one in the next couple of days.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And here are finally the sour blueberry and the jack herer
which are both on day 49:

The sour blueberry looks like alomost like she has nute burn,
but I'm not sure...

And the jack is doing fine in the same soil it appears.

I must say the blueberry and the jack have much bigger buds than the kush and bubblegum by far.
They're real thick and the smell when rubbed is cortex numbing on both.
The sour blueberry smells real fruity and the jack has something woodstain about I can't put my finger on... not sweet at all, but cedar like aromas and smells very "dry"...

NoTell

All's looking really nice, Chevy, congrats :)

If you don't mind, I have a few questions:
How long do you veg your seedlings before you put them under 12/12?

What are your temps with those 10 Philips bulbs, no problems with summer heat?

Enjoy your well deserved harvest!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you NoTell!
I don't know exactly, didn't keep track I fear... But not very long, I topped them twice too to get reall bushy and not too high. It's enough that I get too high hahahaha.
I'm guessing around 20 days from first proper leafs maybe ?
Temps are fine, I live in the north of England, no summer heat here I'm afraid.
They're constantly at 23C day and ca 17C night. I'm using a dehumidifier though as rh can go up to 70% around this time of year...

Latest posts

Latest posts