Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2020, 09:42 PM #4111
carnalrekt

carnalrekt will become famous soon enoughcarnalrekt will become famous soon enough
Ah It exists!!
https://steemit.com/marijuana/@katte...ing-and-curing
carnalrekt is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:50 PM #4112
Sertaiz

Sertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud of
cool carnal ill try that someday
Sertaiz is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2020, 09:55 PM #4113
funkyhorse

funkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalrekt View Post
Hey all,
This is a great thread. I thought i should share another somewhat similar traditional process of curing. A but a friend from the state of Manipur, a North Eastern state in India , described how the good weed was stuffed into bamboo sections and then thrown on a sunny roof. I thought it a strange thing to do at the time but it makes more sense now. He also said that you could buy it by the number of years it was aged!! I havent found any more info online about the process, but if anybody who reads this is from Manipur or knows someone from there, it would be great to share any info you might find about the process.

Place your fresh quality ganja inside the bamboo and seal it with honey from both sides.

Honey makes vacuum
After 2 weeks drying on a sunny roof, it is ready for smoking.
And as happens with most decent ganjas and hash, the longer you cure it, the better it is.

I hope it helps
funkyhorse is online now Quote

Old 06-19-2020, 01:51 AM #4114
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalrekt View Post
Lovely cure by the looks of it as well nice work brother thanks for posting very interesting to see traditional cures like that.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:52 AM #4115
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyhorse View Post
Place your fresh quality ganja inside the bamboo and seal it with honey from both sides.

Honey makes vacuum
After 2 weeks drying on a sunny roof, it is ready for smoking.
And as happens with most decent ganjas and hash, the longer you cure it, the better it is.

I hope it helps
Nice one too my friend going to have to try this for sure.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:51 AM #4116
carnalrekt

carnalrekt will become famous soon enoughcarnalrekt will become famous soon enough
Hey Funkyhorse
Would you like to share which part of the world you stumbled upon this technique?
I thought about trying something similar but with beeswax instead. Are you certain it was honey used? I would imagine it would melt off in the heat...

Old 06-19-2020, 10:54 AM #4117
carnalrekt

Hey Tangwena,
Have you tried cobbing and vaccuming it just one time and never opening it again till a few months later like in the bamboo cure?

Old 06-19-2020, 02:31 PM #4118
funkyhorse

funkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to beholdfunkyhorse is a splendid one to behold
When I say honey I mean the pure honey that crystallizes at temperatures below 25C.

I am not an expert on honey, I use it only when sick but if your honey doesnt crystallize below 25C, then it is not real honey. In many third world countries pure/real honey is kept in houses as medicine, same as propolis

There isnt much difference in the melting temperatures of honey wax and pure honey, pure honey should be cheaper, any of them is perfect for sealing the bamboo, whatever is available in your area is good. I have seen it done with outdoors plants and they are done at the end of the season after harvest which is usually between second half of autumm and beginning of winter when day temperatures dont exceed 25-28C and nights are colder.
funkyhorse is online now Quote

Old 06-19-2020, 09:51 PM #4119
carnalrekt

a couple more questions Funkyhorse....

Is the bamboo usually fresh or dry/cured? I ask as i have had bamboo split on me if I worked on It when it was still fresh, though the picture in the link shows green bamboo.

can you confirm that the pic is more or less how you have seen it done??

Old 06-19-2020, 09:52 PM #4120
carnalrekt