What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone using those Doran darkroom louver vents?

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
I used to use one. Probably still have it sitting in storage. Used it on my 150w dresser cab grow. The 4" circles aren't as light tight, but the 8x8 square is pretty solid. No light leak problems for me.

Last edited:
I put one of these in. They're solid. More than I wanted to pay, but it was kinda worth it for sparing me a DIY PITA. Sorry I missed your response. 650cfm fan in 4x8x7.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I used to use those religiously. They are absolutely awesome in every way. The square ones, not the little round ones like someone already said. Here's a tip... you can dismantle those things, and you will see that they consist of 4 layers put together. But it turns out they are actually 95% light-proof even when there are only 2 layers! This means, as long as you don't need the 100% light proofing, each darkroom louver actually equals TWO of them! :)

Here's a tip... you can dismantle those things, and you will see that they consist of 4 layers put together....This means, as long as you don't need the 100% light proofing, each darkroom louver actually equals TWO of them! :)

@hush wait...are you telling me that I could save a ton of money by dismantling an 8x8" louver & making it into a 8x16" intake?

Latest posts

Latest posts