What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

co2 in an unsealed room ....is it possible ?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys ...wassup ? I am thinking about using CO2 in my flower box . its not a sealed room , i have 2 passive intakes (filtered ) & a 6" exhaust (to the outside) . vent system will go like this .... filter with a 6" fan drawing from the filter & blowing through 2 cooltubes then vented to the outdoors with a damper so no air gets in f fan is off .
i was gifted a 20lb tank & a regulator with the soleniod for a timer or controller . I don't know much about using co2 ... just what i've read here . what I have read though leaves me to believe that my fans would be off for way to long on my system . they suggest .... 2 1/2 hrs on at lights on then 15 min on & 15 min off untill lights off to maintain 1500 ppm . that would kill my plants this time of year (summer heat ) . i was thinking if i could set it up to give it a 15 min blast @ the top of each hour .... now i prolly won't be able to maintain 1500ppm but was figuring that any co2 is better than none ... but my stoner thinking is usually off so what do you guys that use co2 suggest .

Heres a pic of my box to give ya an idea where the co2 would be used . ( i don't have an updated pic sense upgrading the vent system cuz the camera shit the bed ) but it gives you an idea of my cab size 3' deep by 6' long by 6' high . The lights are now in cool tubes & the fan is hooked directly to the filter .
camperpics216.jpg

Growem green & stay safe .... Dan

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I wouldn't bother really, it's the sustained elevated CO2 levels (1K is actually best for weed) that make the big difference. See my sig for a good thread on CO2 for beginners. Co2 usage requires an actual sealed room, air conditioning and dehumidifiers, otherwise you're just blowing your expensive gas outside.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx lazy ... looks like i have some more reading to do .

growem green & stay safe ....Dan

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
I have much respect for Lazyman and his opinion but I will share my experience and opinion which is a little different than his.

What I would do if I was you is blast your CO2 at the end of the "night" so your ppms are up before your lights even turn on. If you can blast it for 15 minutes every hour after that, I do think it would help and cost is pretty minimal if you already have the equipment anyways. When I ran a similar set up I had it calculated to fill it to 2000 ppm after the 15 minutes on so it maintained a little higher levels a little longer.

In all my experiences it seems CO2 is most beneficial when:

-temps are higher than 82 degrees
-you use it for the first 2-3 hours in the morning
-you use it during the time of flower when the plant is drinking the most water and the most food.
-you increase the amount of food

just my two cents, you might as well rock it if you got it- gas doesn't cost that much just a pain to get the refills- I doubt anyone can argue your yields would not increase by $30, I just think most people just don't realize the other factors of your environment you need to dial in before CO2 will cause a dramatic difference.

supermanlives

Veteran
dont waste your time til your room is sealed. i have tried unsealed and co2 and it was a waste and accomplished nothing

I agree with Superman and Lazyman. You create an environment to house the increased CO2 and Temps; otherwise you're blowing hot air....

supermanlives

Veteran
i tried every possible way and accomplished nothing. in theory co2 sinks and if you put your exhaust up high you should be pulling out mostly heat. well its just theory and didnt work

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmmm thanx guys . i doubt this room will ever be sealed enough to be able to properly use the co2 like it was meant .... i just don't have enough room for everything .so it looks like the co2 & regulator go into the storage closet until i move or can set it up proper . i really don't like the idea of pissing money out the ventilation system . even though i can get co2 bottles very easily (buddy works at a welding supply company )

thanx again everybody ... your input is greatly appreciated !!!

growem green & stay safe ....Dan

whatthe215

Veteran
hey i know this thread is old as hell but i have a buddy that is running a hybrid CO2 room.

2 rooms, 1 with 12 600s and the other with 12 600s and 4 1ks. 24kbtu ACs in each, hotter one runs at night. 1400 and 1600 CFM fans extracting in each respectively, hooked up to 'guard dogs' high temp controllers and humidity/temp controllers. 8 burner CO2 generators in each hooked up to natural gas. levels fluctuate between 1000 and 1300ppm. temps can be held at 82f. 6k veg area with CO2 as well.

all hooked up to natural gas, <$200 a month bill.

i'm about to do the same with my rooms. who care's about wasting CO2 if natural gas is that cheap.

T

TribalSeeds

Fuck yea... Just turn on the natural gas and blow as much co2 out into the world as you can. Keep the global levels above 1000 and cannabis plants will flourish!

Our enemies don't care about global warming. We need to get a nice bank roll before we do. You have to do well to do good.

Privateaero

tiffa

i tried every possible way and accomplished nothing. in theory co2 sinks and if you put your exhaust up high you should be pulling out mostly heat. well its just theory and didnt work

Hi supes.... you say you tried every possible way, did that include gas burners?

THC123

Veteran
I have been running co2 in an unsealed room die to heat and no airco. I still get 800-1000 ppm. Before it was 1300-1500. And this is with simply yeast sugar plus bicarbonate and vinegar and ammonium bicarbonate .

Latest posts

Latest posts