Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2020, 01:30 AM #4141
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good my friend try one at 40c for 6 hours, 12 hours, 18 hours if you like and see what the difference is after 5 days.
Unfortunately Northern Lights is not a very psychoactive strain so it will not do much more than make it very smooth smoking.
But its good to get the technique right for when you have something stronger and more trippy.
This technique especially if you intend chewing the result really starts to show its power when used on strong sativas as it is in Africa. But lets see if you can experience the joys of the sweet fermented aroma so when you have something trippy to cure you will know what to look for.
Looking good so far the dehydrator looks like its a good one.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:31 AM #4142
shizoman

shizoman will become famous soon enoughshizoman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Looking good my friend try one at 40c for 6 hours, 12 hours, 18 hours if you like and see what the difference is after 5 days.
Unfortunately Northern Lights is not a very psychoactive strain so it will not do much more than make it very smooth smoking.
But its good to get the technique right for when you have something stronger and more trippy.
This technique especially if you intend chewing the result really starts to show its power when used on strong sativas as it is in Africa. But lets see if you can experience the joys of the sweet fermented aroma so when you have something trippy to cure you will know what to look for.
Looking good so far the dehydrator looks like its a good one.
My man, thanks for your time and attention. Already found list of your favourite strains, ordered all of them. Found your reply little late, so took one at 22hr and other at 24. Drying them currently and sealing for 5 days.
It's fun to try with any strain to cure faster, as I got from reading this thread.
shizoman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:12 PM #4143
shizoman

After sweating pics.

Sealed them after drying. But the darkest one got some moist inside, reopened, dried and sealed again.

Here the future cobs.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:09 AM #4144
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizoman View Post
After sweating pics.

View Image

View Image

Sealed them after drying. But the darkest one got some moist inside, reopened, dried and sealed again.

Here the future cobs.
View Image
That looks perfect so far my friend dry any excess moisture from the sweat and seal up to cure.
Inspect in 5 days or so please post post pics again in 5 days to compare.
Killer strains you have for the next run they should be the ticket for the trippy cobs thats for sure my friend.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:53 AM #4145
shizoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
That looks perfect so far my friend dry any excess moisture from the sweat and seal up to cure.
Inspect in 5 days or so please post post pics again in 5 days to compare.
Killer strains you have for the next run they should be the ticket for the trippy cobs thats for sure my friend.
Thank you, my friend. Will update when ready.
The moisture was not from sweating. I dried it after till dry surface and sealed. After this some dark brown juice come out inside sealed pack. Looks like it was too wet.

Old 08-23-2020, 12:28 PM #4146
tobedetermined

tobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond repute
If you haven't tried a Wake & Bake with a spliff of shaved 3 1/2 month old Malawi cob . . . well . . . you are missing one of life's pleasures. It will put a rosy glow on a dismal day - even in the middle of a pandemic!

Thank you once again, Tangwena.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:45 AM #4147
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizoman View Post
Thank you, my friend. Will update when ready.
The moisture was not from sweating. I dried it after till dry surface and sealed. After this some dark brown juice come out inside sealed pack. Looks like it was too wet.
The juice will not hurt its just that juice it doesn't get you high I have tried it ha ha.
Feel free to re open one and dry a little more just to compare the end result from a drier cob to a moister cob.
They will both be different.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:48 AM #4148
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobedetermined View Post
If you haven't tried a Wake & Bake with a spliff of shaved 3 1/2 month old Malawi cob . . . well . . . you are missing one of life's pleasures. It will put a rosy glow on a dismal day - even in the middle of a pandemic!

Thank you once again, Tangwena.
Oh I remember that feeling very well from when I still used to smoke brother.
Nothing gets you going like a nice smoke of aged cob first thing.
I used to just like sucking on the unlit joined if it was from a nice terpy cob pure bliss.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:19 AM #4149
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Ur Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant future
This thread is so inspiring. I’ll need to re-read another dozen times but I’m hopefully getting waist deep into cobbling this fall. Think I’ve got a few strains that might excite you Tangwena.

Purple Haze x Malawi

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

New Killer Malawi S1

Oaxaca 79 x Panama Goddess.

F-13

Thank you Tangwena and everyone else for this amazing thread!

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...
Ur Humbl Nr8tor is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2020, 02:20 AM #4150
Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Ur Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant futureUr Humbl Nr8tor has a brilliant future
Zacatecas Tribute

Strawberry Diesel

Med Compliant

Buy low, sell "HIGH"

"I think the big mistake in schools is trying to teach children anything, and by using fear as the basic motivation. Fear of getting failing grades, fear of not staying with your class, etc. Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a nuclear explosion to a firecracker." - Stanley Kubrick

Believe at your own peril...
Ur Humbl Nr8tor is offline Quote