What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino x Pre-98 Bubba Kush FEM Cross - info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i'm testing out this cross i made around a year ago. The White Rhino is a UK cut that originates in North London so i was told. Very cheesy pungent smell with a little of the WR 'metallic' smell in the background. Its a big favorite amongst those who get to smoke my gear.
the bubba is my pre-98 cut which is tried and tested.

if all goes well with the grow i have enough of these seeds to release a couple of batches
here are the seedlings, 5/5 germination, about 2 weeks old. Nothing much to see as yet.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
White Rhino was the first named seeds I ever grew. I expect these will grow very similar to a White Rhino x Sour Bubble cross that I simply adore.

Should be some nice cannabis in this one. I'll watch. Keep 'em green, VG! :lurk:

dank.Frank

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll be flipping these next week, probably select down to 3 or 4 plants. there is a little variation on the two pictured, but mostly pretty uniform so far
picture.php

picture.php

VG

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
That's real good, lovely.

I'm working a cross of the (Sensi Star x nycd) x White Rhino.

Potent cannabis, drooling awaits.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, the plants are coming on pretty well, about 2 weeks into 12/12. there is little variation to see in them - and, untopped, they have stretched a bit!

these pics are all of the same plant, just before i z-stemmed it to reduce the height so it fits in the cab. i'll get pics of all 3 ( i selected down to 3) next time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now things are getting interesting here, we are about 6 weeks in and these have frosted up nicely! what really pleases me is that all the plants have retained the cheesy terpenes from the rhino as well as some lovely bubba funk! one fo my inspirations for making this cross was that i found a cheese-smelling bubba S1 when i grew some out, so, knowing that the bubba Kush had the 'cheese' terpene in its genetics as i guess a recessive, i wanted to cross it with another Cheesy plant to see if it helped that aroma come through in crosses, and it seems to have worked.

here are some pics
first plant:
picture.php

picture.php

plant 2:
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and the third plant, probably the most frosty at this point. all very nice looking plants though... as long as you ignore the rather severe training i had to carry out in order to shorten the height!
picture.php

picture.php

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks samuel! i cant wait to smoke these, should be really tasty - bubba flavor and cheese flavor have together has to be a winner - two of my favorite tastes...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are the last pics of these as they will get harvested soon, pretty quick - we are just under 8 weeks atm i think.
very pleased, they all smell somewhere between cheese and bubba, with one more bubba and one more cheese - i love it when a plan comes together :)
no male flowers to report either, plenty of vigor. i shall send some of these to the bay and breeders retail very soon
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

zamzia

Veteran
here are the last pics of these as they will get harvested soon, pretty quick - we are just under 8 weeks atm i think.
very pleased, they all smell somewhere between cheese and bubba, with one more bubba and one more cheese - i love it when a plan comes together :)
no male flowers to report either, plenty of vigor. i shall send some of these to the bay and breeders retail very soon
View Image
View Image
View Image

Congrats VG, looks lush!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been smoking on some of this, really smelly. potent and very tasty. it probably leans towards the bubba but with the a cheesy taste too. very happy with this cross! one of the plants is not far from straight bubba.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now this has been in the jar for a week or so it is even more tasty!, the bubba side coming through even stronger and somehow 'louder' than even the pre-98 cut. Potency is very high, stronger than straight bubba for sure. smoking it gives me that effect which makes you go cross-eyed for a few seconds on the inhale..-something i generally only get when smoking finger hash or bubble hash.
this is not a huge batch of seeds, if you are interested then you should grab some whilst you can. if you like the bubba but find the S1s a bit lacking in vigor then try this.
I will be sending some packs into seedbay next week, BR has some already if there are any left
VG

Vitamin_THC

Hey VerdentG! These look super frosty! I can't wait to bring in some Euro bloodlines to Cali.

Anyway, I'm going to be hunting for a Bubba for my garden that I will keep forever and of course throw some pollen, if only to help the vigor. I plan on looking through some local clones, and maybe another company or two but I have grown out your Bubba x Bubba and woooww, it was everything I dreamed of. I was thinking of picking up a pack of the Bubba regs and then this WR cross sounds lovely, do you think I would need to hunt through some of the S1s or do you think I should be able to find a proper keeper in those two packs I mentioned? Thanks man, love your work

Latest posts

Latest posts