What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Zoid" Line, Aussie Indoor bred & grown.

2ezy

Nice pics etc but what makes this Australian genetics exactly? Maybe I missed something.

To my knowledge OZ is pretty weak in the landrace department and alot of people claim vintage Thai weed that has been growing here for decades as Australian(very nice weed but).

I'm working on my own projects ATM but the only thing Australian about my thing is that an aussie wanker(me) is the maestro.

Don't take this as criticism please, convicts doing our thing is great. Just with the talk of landraces got me a little skeptical.

moonunit

No they arent derived from landraces run( i never once said they were), u are correct( although please define landrace exactly for me), english is titoons second language m8, and he took my saying they came from old outdoor growers genetic populations up and down the east coast collected from old aussie sat stocks from the mid 80s on. I am not posting town names but lets start with hunter, new england, and the mid to north coast nsw. Honestly though m8 i dont give a shit what u or anyone think anymore, im just going to get the genetics out there to those who will enjoy em ( for free, at my own cost)and dissapear again. Im not even in the seed game , just been working our lines for quite a number of years, and i still cop shit like " always plenty of willing sheep with cash" . I will always stay in touch with my friends on here and do my absolute best to get the genetics out there to the right ppl.
Moonunit

Hi 2ezy, as u can see, already been covered on pg2 post 28. Great to see mre aussies here, and especialy those who are breeding. Whilst we dont have landraces here persay, i do believe we have a very unique cannabis genepool here. The first european settlers brought with them hemp to plant for fibres, more than likely from india, which can still contain reasonable psycoactive properties on a fibrous hemp plant. Ferel populations of this would have spread and have gone through alot of gens in the wild. Chinese workers also brought with them cannabis native to china, for many reasons, mostly medical. Then we had the surfers and hippies, mostly surfers in the 50-70s bringing back all the south east asian genetics, aswell as alot of imports from that region and png. Add the fact that dutch and u.s genetics didnt really start to flood australia till the late 80s to the mix and i think there is genetic gold in these here hills m8. Bush herb is written off here because mostly what ppl see is the mass produced , buried and left to get half decomposed and abit moldy bush that make it into circulation, not the pockets of unique and beautiful bush herb that rarely does, produced in non commercial quantity in isolated communities and hot spots.
Have faith in what we have here brother, yes its extremely hard to tame, yes it has herm issues, but yes there is a definate uniqueness in alot of the origional genetics here, and even though it origionaly came from elsewhere, can we not claim it as our own yet?, like jamaicians have with mostly indian genetics. Im not here to glorify myself or make millions, but i am here to help pave the path for the breeding scene here, which i believe to be untapped and usefull to the global scene. The more breeders come out of oz the better, the more using local bush genetics in the mix, even better.
Anyways m8, great to see u here and to hear you are working at it also,
Much respect
Moonunit

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
big respect out to all the aussie breeders we need more of us to spread the strains we have down here...

G

guest123

, yes its extremely hard to tame, yes it has herm issues, but yes there is a definate uniqueness in alot of the origional genetics here, and even though it origionaly came from elsewhere, can we not claim it as our own yet?, like jamaicians have with mostly indian genetics. Im not here to glorify myself or make millions, but i am here to help pave the path for the breeding scene here, which i believe to be untapped and usefull to the global scene. The more breeders come out of oz the better, the more using local bush genetics in the mix, even better.
Anyways m8, great to see u here and to hear you are working at it also,
Much respect
Moonunit
well said moon , i agree wholeheartadly ... some amazing genetics in australia, and a source that should be tapped into ...
who knows , perhaps australia has some better examples of some genetics than the areas they came from do nowday s ...

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello All !

It's been a long time, quite a bit away from the forums...
So i have more news about the zoid line growing in Europe...

We had the chance to pop some seeds, and get some clones shared, and some crosses done...

the Zoidfuel f2, which two phenotypes, grown by my good friend Jah K. I have to talk to him to share with you more details about the smoke, cause it was 5 months ago..

also i couldn t have them to root, neither all my friends who were sent clones...

#1, fuel/diesel/plastic, very strong smell, with some very nice wavy high, and very tasty but sweet smoke, almost like a pure sativa. i found it very potent, with quite a long high(up to 4 hours), but just smoked it twice.

zoid1onthecuttime.jpg

zoid1onthecutflo803.jpg

zoid1macro.jpg

#2 vegetables smell.. very funny indeed.
more raw power in the high, can easily put you to sleep. the taste is very green, comparable to some thai not very well cured...
zoid2pieentier.jpg

zoid2budonthecutflo804.jpg

zoid2macrofinish.jpg

I have to look for the picts of the 7 phenotypes of the cherry fuel candy, grown by another friend, and for my notes about them.. They are some very very nice individuals to be found...

the smell of the phenotypes is a mix between
-thai smell
-cherry
-cinnamon
-fuel
-cleaning solvent

No sign of hermaphrodism, or very little, 9 girls out of 10 seeds !
from almost pure indica to moslty sativa, very interesting shape and to be grown...

My friend jeano was delighted by those seeds, and is growing some ZoidfuelXC99 at the moment.

More news soon !!! I hope my english is still understandable after a little writing break !

Beautiful work guys. Especially Moonunit, who does what he says and doesn't talk shit. I'm hoping to chime in on this thread (with your permission of course titoon) in the not too distant future... peace and respect to all.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kinda off topic, but for some reson this popped into my head.

strains from the north western hemisphere are really good crossed with strains from the north eastern hemisphere that is how we have hybrids in most places today. It would be the same with the other hemispere's as well. Also each hemisphere has a nug with a trait only from that place. I think the ultimate strain could come from a 4 way cross. Take the most potent ibl landraces from each corner of the globe. Then take the most unique potent traits of weed from earch particular hemisphere and breed them together until you have a super strain that has the visual of hawaiin, the euphoric body of Hindu Kush mountain strains, the craziness that is Brazillian stains like Utopia haze. And what ever the aussie strains have contributed as well. Sorry I have never smoked an aussie strain. They look really dank though. I dont know what I'm missin.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
hey thanks for the up !!

here are some picts;

CherrycandyFuel x Destroyer ( homemade cross by jean)

nice resin coverage, very funny smell of smoked iberic(spanish) ham

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Zoidfuel x Deep Chunk

very nice resin coverage, huge trichomes, smell like coca cola bottle-shaped sweets.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

gr0wm3

Hey,

Give an example of a landrace aussie strain that hasnt been doctored up to be some hybrid with overseas genetics... ?

Thanks in advance.

N

noyd666

just noticed the dates, have to read all of this later, looks good.

H

hard rain

Hey,

Give an example of a landrace aussie strain that hasnt been doctored up to be some hybrid with overseas genetics... ?

Thanks in advance.
There aren't any landrace Aussie strains. All cannabis grown in Australia has come from somewhere else. In the 70's and 80's Australians mostly grew sativas, most probably from SE Asia. There are still growers with these varieties but commercially mostly it is indoor indica's these days. There was the famed Hunter Valley crop found in the 60's near Singleton which may have been from Hemp that came in the first fleet. Again you would not call this landrace (or I wouldn't anyway).

I don't think moon has ever claimed that he was growing Aussie landrace strains. However there was some great pot grown here in the past and no doubt a lot of interesting breeding material.

Anyone interested in moons strains should check out this thread'.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=92311

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey,

Thanks in advance.
read the thread and you ll find one ,
how do you mean "doctored up?"

as in fixed ??

id certainly recommend that reading and research man,
and a bit of work on tact would be beneficial to getting answered in a polite fashion as well ...

VelvetSmog1

I grew some Zoidberry from the DQG crew back in 2005. It was actually REALLY potent and had a cut through high that was extrodinairey. I actually was just sent a write up we did it on it back in 2005 not too long ago. Once I've transcribed it I'll put it up here for you all to read.

nurlord.

Latest posts

Latest posts