What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mtnjohn's cabin(et)

mtnjohn

Veteran
welcome friends and guests

this is my cabinet and i'm gonna show how i grow.
if anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask

first we will start with my veg/cloning area
it's kinda small , but it seems to do just fine. the lighting consists of
4 20w fluoro tubes and 1 42 watt cfl
here's a few pic's

yes i know it's small but we have alot of good shit in there

this is where we keep the mom's
this is where i do all my cloning for upcoming grows and future moms
and anytime we want to start some beans ,they go in here

the usable growing space in this closet is 37"w x 22"d x 24"tall
you can see my hydro moms...apollo11, c99xpanama,white rhino(now gone),

the bubble cloner is filled with apollo11 and c99 x pr...

and those are seedlings in the red cups...1 sd ibl and 1 mod's dream goddess(hey..it's a small space ok..so only one of each)

here is a pic of the closet...on the top is the veg area and the bottom is storage/drying area

next up ...the flower chamber
stay tuned
mj

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good Mtn John! I like those big shiny hydro jars! Pretty fancy..... :canabis:

NOKUY

Veteran
right on man! I have always hoped you would have a thread w/ lots of pics of your cabin(et).

I am almost done building a cab. real sim. to yours and to the NGB cab, but a bit bigger than both, but smaller than my current big ass cabinets. I took some real nice features that are borrowed from some of the cabs. on here including yours "mtn john". Yours is def. my fav. of all the smaller cabs I've seen.

I'll have a thread on mine in a cpl. weeks when its finished. I've been taking tons of pics.

For now tho I def. wanna see more of this one! Thanks for sharing bro!

MJ how long do you veg. your clones for when you grow a nice scrog like you do?

any tips on topping or training (I've not grown a scrog yet)

(feel free to tell me to get lost and do a search if you want)...I just figured I'd ask the one that I always see gettin' it done right.

-yukon

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Hi :wave: I'm right here dear!!!

Love the beginning, you are so very clever.

Your grow and veg areas look so nice!

what a clever, clever boy he is........ heehee

mtnjohn

Veteran
hey, thanks for comming in guy's

damakkas, H&L, pipeline...your always welcome

nokuy.........thank you for the compliment
i usually take cuts from my moms about 3-4 weeks after the
cabinet plants are in flower
...they root in 5-10 days and then the rest of the time they spend in
the cloner till the plants in flower are done
...all i have to do is feed them and keep them from getting too big
which can be a task......i'm not above cutting them back for height control

pomh...hey lady ...thanks for stopping by

now on to the flower chamber.....................
mj

Last edited:

mtnjohn

Veteran
you'll have to excuse me as i'm smokin' some hash and trying to.....do....
something....ok, here we go

the flower chamber , aka mtnjohn's cabinet.....

front view....here you can see the internal workings...2" pvc passive intake
DWC tub , scrog frame, 150watt hps air-cooled reflector and exhaust
the usable inside dimensions are 23"wide x 17"deep x 31" tall

air comes in the 2" intake...up thru the screen and plants and into the reflector

the air cooled reflector has a glass(not tempered glass, just freakin' regular glass) bottom and grated air inlet's(holes) on the left side ....from there incoming air goes thru the hood into 3" flex duct then to a 4x3 reducer..after that there is an 85cfm comp fan

top view(with lid removed)...so you can see the comp fan on the back wall
and the ballast room on the left, there is a little 30cfm fan to cool the ballast area as well

once the air leaves the reflector and exhaust it goes thru the comp fan on the inside back wall .... thru a 4"pvc 90* to another 85cfm comp fan and then finally into the canfilter 2600 which completes the process

back view.....you can also see the air pump hanging from a bungee off of the 4" 90*

next up ....the scrog frame and DWC tub in detail
stay tuned
mj

Last edited:
G

wow man, after seeing empty shots of your bloom cab, i must say im super impressed with your yields! you must have that little cab dialed in.

watermelon

nice cab, really tidy and well built.

how well does the two pc fans piush through the filter? any filter specs?

mtnjohn

Veteran
the scrog screen and DWC tub

the frame is made from 1" pvc.

the screen is regular 2" "chicken wire" attached to the frame with 1/2"x 10 screws and very tightly i might add.

in the next pic you can see how the screen frame comes apart to fit thru the lid of the DWC tub

then the top of the screen frame slips on

next up...the cabinet gets loaded....but first i have to get loaded
stay tuned folks
mj

Last edited:
G

Thats one clean little setup there. Great job man. That little flower area is nice. Small but efficient I am sure. I wanna see her in action. :D Ill be checking in. Peace.

jumpman23

outstanding cab!! , exactily the sort of thing i want to make , minus the hydro as it will be my first time

is it totaily scratch built ?

damakkus

West Coast ICer
mtnjohn, hey buddy very impressive work. Way to pay attention to detail. I was wondering if you can show some shots of the tub and what is inside. Is it just airstones inside or aeroponic type thing? I am curious too how you change and monitor your nutes.
Also, when you do a scrog, thats what this is called? I just learned the other day it stands for screen of green. How long does it take to veg the plant into the screen? It is a very cool method and the reward looks plentiful.

clowntown

Veteran
Very nice cab, again! The veg room is a little messy :joint:, but that flowering cab is first-class all the way. I've said it before, but this is still the cleanest (and my favorite) micro grow cab I've seen to date. :yes: :yes:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Well lookie here!!!! Hey Bro....mind if I pull up a seat? Looks awsome man....I like your set-up! So hmmm ... you and a few others are makin me consider DWC. I started setting up that drip system last night...it's workin good...lol after I plugged the one line I didn't know wasn't capped...lmao...water everywhere. Kept hearing this dripping sound and thought...hmm the system makes a bit of bubbling sounds.

Can't wait to see more of yer set-up bro...it looks well thought out and researched...clean and professional.

Peace....I'll be watchin
BG

mtnjohn

Veteran
hey everybody thanks for stoppin' by

indo....great to have you stop by
jumpman...hey sup , and yes just about everything is DIY
hold your fire.....thanks for the kind words
Damakkas...good to see you here my friend
clowntown....how you doin bud? ...veg room a mess huh? hahaha..i know
BG...be more than glad to have ya..thank you for the compliments bro
i love DWC..

well , i've been having some probs getting my pic's formated so i'm gonna go ahead and continue my thread and update later.

here's the cab....just after loading the little girls

another look

the plants usually stall for a few days when first put under the hps, but then they just take off
here are the same girls after 1 week veg under the 150w hps
i call this pic "the mess" lol :sasmokin:

start of 12/12..3 days after last pic... and first under screen training

after a few more days..it looks like this

i also want to mention that i am very aggressive with trimming
i trim fan leaves bigtime..it's the only way i have found to maximize
light penetration into the canopy...heres a shot of some trimmings, just to give an idea of how much i cut....i do at least 2 more trims like this..at least 2
i'm trying to grow bud ..not leaf...hahaha

this shot is about 2 weeks of flower...theyre just a filling that screen arent they?.....i love it ...to see this up close and personal is awesome

this pic is called "penetration"...look how much light gets below the screen
...thats right...almost none, all the light is right up there where i need it

these shots are 3 weeks of flower

well thats it for today, thanks for stopping by
mj