What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st indoor grow

axle2u

hello all,

I have a small experimental grow at the moment
Now when I say experimental, I mean for me, as its my 1st attempt

I got 2 female cherry bombs on the go, approx. 27" high
and a few more baby cloners coming along as well...
(separate locations, separate light source(s)

help yourself to my albums, there are plenty pics there if you wish

I just wanted to ask you experienced growers out there...
in soil....what do you thinks about earth worms, as a tool to aerate around the root system,
allowing for more oxygen at the roots.

ive read that increased oxygen around the root system, increases root uptake,
which in turn can increase everything else including yield

now I realize that during watering, the little buggers might want to escape Alcatraz and go a-wall....haha, but so what.
id just pick em back up, toss em back in...or go buy more at the local variety store (dew worms for fishing)

has anybody used or heard of this technique....?
seems kinda natural and logical to me....however
I know nothing about growing weed, per say, just the basics

thanks for your input fellas, appreciate all comments

axle R. robot

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
That's one way but your mix should also contain it's own aerating element from the get-go.

I saw your pics of your young ones, when you transplant next time- include perlite/rice hulls/pumice/bio char (one or some combination of these).

As for the worms, if your mix is capable of feeding them, they'll stick around. If your mix is too wet to start with, they will not. Oxygen diffuses through their skin and then to the blood vessels. If there is too much water, they suffocate.

I guess it could work but they would only want to stay in your pots for a small window each time you reintroduce them.

axle2u

That's one way but your mix should also contain it's own aerating element from the get-go.

I saw your pics of your young ones, when you transplant next time- include perlite/rice hulls/pumice/bio char (one or some combination of these).

As for the worms, if your mix is capable of feeding them, they'll stick around. If your mix is too wet to start with, they will not. Oxygen diffuses through their skin and then to the blood vessels. If there is too much water, they suffocate.

I guess it could work but they would only want to stay in your pots for a small window each time you reintroduce them.

thank you for your reply....

-axle robot