What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

sshz

420giveaway
What you are missing is how Ethos "guaranteed" a THC content of 30-35% on the strain.......people grow various strains for very particular reasons, one of them being high thc content. Others like a tasty smoke, or this or that. But don't make claims you can't back up, that's the issue.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
^^^ that claim definitely piqued my interest as his post was claiming that out of 5 seeds all were 30% thc and up.. 1 that could either bs 2 he Colin has some serious horticultural skills with cannabis 3 popped 5 and got lucky from his experience...

Seen some for sell online but honestly until i see a lab report I'm turned off to purchasing a pack or 2 but seriously thinking of running his Harambe I have in my collection just to have some exp with ethos

kalopatchkid

Veteran
^^^ that claim definitely piqued my interest as his post was claiming that out of 5 seeds all were 30% thc and up.. 1 that could either bs 2 he Colin has some serious horticultural skills with cannabis 3 popped 5 and got lucky from his experience...

Seen some for sell online but honestly until i see a lab report I'm turned off to purchasing a pack or 2 but seriously thinking of running his Harambe I have in my collection just to have some exp with ethos

I watched a podcast he did and he stated he doesnt even grow flowers and all he does is make seeds. He also said as soon as he pollinates a plant he sticks the plants back in his veg room.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's like asking a car salesman how it drives and getting the response, "Dunno. But the speed 'o meter says 180."

????? - I need to listen to more podcasts apparently.

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
lol I told you guys like 3 months ago he was a joke. All you have to do is listen to him on Dude grows youtube. Right when he said that you can stress test females but can't stress test males I turned it off.. moron. From what I hear, his whole company is built on a found hermie seed aka Mandarin cookies. Oh and his patent pending new reverse technique lol.

I give ethos the benefit of the doubt but when I saw the dude grows podcast it definitely shook my confidence. among many things, one thing that surprised me off the start is how he dumped out a mixed jar of nugs and couldn't even verify what was what. he couldn't even identify the crescendo when he was looking for it and just finished talking it up. he looked at the nug and then passed it off to the other guy and told him to figure it out. I mean, whatever to each their own but like if you dump out a jar of nugs and start sniffing them and guessing what is what, that tells me you don't really care about what is in that jar, or structure and organization (as in running a business) idk if I was going on a podcast with samples id make sure to have everything sorted so we could do good comparisons and show a little pride in my work. makes pretty hefty claims about his experimental breeding techniques and blasts others. ive heard just as many herm reports from his gear as anyone elses. idk I think hes pretty full of himself. calls out joesy on the % of indica to sativa in the gg family on isntagram. talkin shit. but colin...you used glue in your breeding and sell atleast 2 lines with it as a direct parent and you base the lineage off of the current glue..does that mean your indica and sativa ratios are all off too?...so idk. has some different ideas but a bit of a fuckboy attitude too.

with all that said I still bought 2 packs of the ogdlux bx3 so I could form a real opinion from expereince. ill let the seeds decide for me. hope I wont regret it.

Last edited:

sshz

420giveaway
Ethos is a "Collective" of growers, Colin is the front man. Much like Arjan from Green House seeds. He's not a grower, just the promoter.

Ethos "Apex" at day 15 in flowering:

sshz

420giveaway
I know someone who is a tester for Ethos.........Colin does grow, but there is a reason they call it a "collective". Interesting though, it used to be Ethos Collective, now I'm seeing Ethos Genetics instead. So who knows. But I have had conversations with growers in his group- basically Colin gives specific people (growers/breeders) clones/seeds to work with and help develop strains.

BillFarthing

Veteran
I just picked up Mandarin Cookies and Ethos Glue. SHN sent me Crescendo as a freebie. I'm dropping them tonight.

LostTribe

Premium user
Of the seeds I have run the last 2 years the Ethos CO Chem look the most interesting in veg. Hope good things will come. I hope to put them in as soon as they are proper size.

sshz

420giveaway
Day 50 in flowering of Ethos's Apex.........this is the earliest plant out of 24 in the room.

sshz

420giveaway
Yup, it really does. Smells great also, like sweet candy- at least this pheno. Anything with their Mandarin Cookies in it is well worth doing, I've never seen a bad review on the strain, unlike some of their others.

sshz

420giveaway

This plant is telling me she's done! But I have her around 4 more days to turn a bit darker. 7 of 24 plants now chopped. yield looks lousy, quality looks high.

Last edited: