Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow in Coco

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow in Coco Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2017, 05:13 PM #51
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Pics

About half way through week #5 -
Actually I am at Day 30 - hopefully I will be able to take these down at day 60 - if so then I am half way so far.
Moved the plants from the 1000w they were under to 2x600w how

They were just too bunched together under the 1000 - needed to space them out a bit. I have learned that these strains will do a lot better if I flipped them after 1-2 weeks veg. I was trying to get them beg enough to take clones, which I did - but still I want to make some nice bushy mothers and take a bunch of clones and run a full table.

Anyways - things seem to be going pretty good. Other than a little
Overdose on N - they look healthy - going to cut out the calmag and dial the micro down a bit. Then I will increase the P & K with Monster Bloom.

In last pic you can see where I topped her.
The second last picture I did not top her..

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:39 PM #52
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Great job PH, like how the plants are developing

I have to say that that's quite some stretch, they really super stretched! But luckily you saw no stress symptom so that means that everything is alright anyway. If even the ICE stretched that means that most probably the light did not help but I mean, is a lesson for the next time of course.

A quick question, would it be possible to take a few pictures of the plants separately since is difficult to distinguish the 2 strains from here

About feedings. Next time I also suggest to keep the 2 strains separate especially because of the needs of the Skunk Special.
You said that the some of the ICE are suffering of over-fed? I am not 100% sure since I have seen that colour on many ICE but I guess you can better evaluate than me.

And I am sorry for the root aphids...how is the thing developing or everything is under control?

Thanks for the updates PH, I am glad to see things going well!

All the best,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

About half way through week #5 -
Actually I am at Day 30 - hopefully I will be able to take these down at day 60 - if so then I am half way so far.
Moved the plants from the 1000w they were under to 2x600w how

They were just too bunched together under the 1000 - needed to space them out a bit. I have learned that these strains will do a lot better if I flipped them after 1-2 weeks veg. I was trying to get them beg enough to take clones, which I did - but still I want to make some nice bushy mothers and take a bunch of clones and run a full table.

Anyways - things seem to be going pretty good. Other than a little
Overdose on N - they look healthy - going to cut out the calmag and dial the micro down a bit. Then I will increase the P & K with Monster Bloom.

In last pic you can see where I topped her.
The second last picture I did not top her..

Old 10-28-2017, 07:24 AM #53
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Mr. B

Sorry for the delayed response - been crazy busy.

So to deal with Strech my next round, which is going into week 3, I used a SCROG and super cropped them I will get some picks - this is where the rest of the SS phenos are - I've got 3 SS plants going in first run and rest are ICE - I am liking how the SS's are bulking up, they are looking good.

The SS seems to be pretty uniform as far as phenos go.

The ICE has a lot of variation.

I took a few pics during lights out to try and give you an idea of doffernt phenos.
Currently I am in week #8 - should be another week or so before they are ready.

The top two pics are the SS phenos - I cut the micro a bit early and got some dead leaves - they are almost ready to chop so no huge deal just doesn't look super pretty.

Third Is ICE pheno - this one seems to have looser buds that are not fully forming into solid buds - this has happened with a few of the phenos, not sure why this is. Any idea?

The forth picture is one of the best phenos it's my ICE #3 and it is packing on the weight with nice soils buds - hard to tell from the picture but I will be taking better pictures to show this one off. Thankfully I clones this one looks to be a keeper for sure. Nice smell and lots of trichs.

I've learned a lot of this first run. I think I will be able to dial them in a lot better next run, I've got clones of all the nice looking phenos.
Like I mentioned it tuned out this run was mainly ICE and I have the second run that is mostly SS with the C-99 seedling you sent (thanks again) - I also have the WWxBB that's in week 8 and getting ready to harvest. Didn't get a clone of her. So if it turns out really nice, might have to get another shipment

On the home Strech now!
More
Pics to come

Phases is offline Quote

Old 10-28-2017, 07:40 AM #54
Phases

This pic is another ICE pheno. It is a mix of the tighter nug phenos d the looser one. Hard to explain. I'll get closer up pic to show you.
I am hoping in next week or two the will harden up. Smell amazing and have lots of crystal production. Will give another few feedings with monster bloom and see if that will harden them up.

This is an interesting pheno - very small tight buds with tons of crystals. Grows different than the other phenos, will be a small yielded but curious to see how the smoke is.

This is another one of the looser bud phenos -
I am really hoping that the buds tighten up in last couple weeks.
Again really nice smell.

I can't wait to get some mothers of the keepers and do a nice sized run with lots of small plants and do like 1-2 week Veg time.

Also going to take your advice and separate the two strains - I did notice a difference in feeding needs..

I'll get some more pictures at lights out...

Phases is offline Quote

Old 11-02-2017, 08:27 PM #55
Phases

The rest of my SS beans got cloned and went into a SCROG.

The first run is mostly ICE with 3 SS plants - they should be coming down within 2 weeks. They just started week 8 but looks like some might go a full 9 weeks or maybe longer.

Second run has 7 SS - 1 ICE and my C-99. They are a bit crowded and but I am trying to keep Strech down by super cropping and tying down the buds to get an even canopy - it's a bit tricky but we will see how it goes.

Here is the WWxBB - she needs about a week or so. Started flushing a bit too early because she was on a table with some earlier finishers.

Sorry about sideways pics.

Is there still anyone lurking around - pretty quite in here..

Phases is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:38 PM #56
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Really good pics Ph, I am enjoying what I see. And about the phenos of the ICE you are right, there are some differences indeed but I believe that in the end of the flowering stage they will start to look alike.
I guess all phenos are producing great amount of resin, at least that I guess is more all the same on all plants isn't it?
As far as I see even the "weaker phenos" don't look that bad anyway.
I am sure that smoking wise you won't feel that much difference since ICE is quite uniform also in that but I will be more than glad to hear about your experience when you will try it

I would like to ask you to kindly weight the buds once you harvest. I am really really curious to know about the weight.

About the Skunk Special. That's looks lovely and tasty. How could you describe the smell? Is pure skunk isn't it? Or did you get some variation in that too?
SCROG with Skunk?! That's going to be amazing, I never seen that many SCROG with Skunk but I am really hopeful and curious about the reaction of the plant. Thing is that SKUNK S. already produces a lot, I am wondering about how much it will be with the SCROG

Good looking WWxBB too, did you harvest already?

Thanks for the updates, I am just looking forward to the harvest and to hear about the taste and smell.

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
View Image

This pic is another ICE pheno. It is a mix of the tighter nug phenos d the looser one. Hard to explain. I'll get closer up pic to show you.
I am hoping in next week or two the will harden up. Smell amazing and have lots of crystal production. Will give another few feedings with monster bloom and see if that will harden them up.

View Image

This is an interesting pheno - very small tight buds with tons of crystals. Grows different than the other phenos, will be a small yielded but curious to see how the smoke is.

View Image

This is another one of the looser bud phenos -
I am really hoping that the buds tighten up in last couple weeks.
Again really nice smell.

I can't wait to get some mothers of the keepers and do a nice sized run with lots of small plants and do like 1-2 week Veg time.

Also going to take your advice and separate the two strains - I did notice a difference in feeding needs..

I'll get some more pictures at lights out...

Old 11-21-2017, 06:10 AM #57
Phases

Hey Mr. B,

So the ladies are all down. I had to let on for the SS's go a full 10 weeks and she looked
Like she could have gone another week or two.
This run was mostly the ICE I had 3 SS - there was one pheno I absolutly loved it was the SS#3 - it had nice tight golf ball sized buds and smelled awesome like that sweet skunk smell - more pleasant than the offensive Skunk smell. If that makes sense.

I did manage to get individual weight for the first half that I took down but the second half got mixed up - so I'll just weigh everything and divide it for an average.

Now I did notice this run I ran my room a bit warm and with the long veg I got big plants. I would like to run these ladies with a short veg cycle and keep room cooler. I ended up getting a lot of looser buds, and I prefer the tighter buds but I think this may have been environmental.

I have the SCROG going but put to many plants under the screen and they are a bit crowded. I have the C-99 in there and the a few SSs with one ICE.

This is just my first test run to weed out the weaker phenos. I found two decent ICE phenos - that grow shorter tighter buds and there is two SS phenos I likes one was the #3 and then #4 - the 4 was one the went the ten weeks but had huge buds - I've got some pics to put up when I get a spare moment. Just spend last 4 hours in garden and I am exhausted.

I'll get the numbers up and some picks in next few days. I am looking forward to making a couple nice mothers and doing a full table of the same pheno with short veg times. I think I can really get things rocking like that!!

Thanks for everyone who followed along - pretty quite in here but I hope anyone that was following along enjoyed the show.

Thanks.

Phases is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 06:15 AM #58
Phases

Been busy and forgot all about posting final Weight.

The first crop:

SS #3 - 58g
SS #4 - 71g
SS #7 - 52g

ICE #2 - 48
ICE #3 - 68
ICE #4 - 52
ICE #7 - 55
ICE #9 - 49
ICE #10 - 51

Unfortunately, I didn't get numbers for the SCROG, but I ended up putting too many plants under the screen and didn't end up with a great yield and some of the phenos where a bit airy

Out of all of the different phenos I decided to keep

ICE #3 - big tight buds, pheno grows short and bushy
SS #3 - gold ball sized tight skunky buds that have almost a sweet smell
SS # 4 - huge buds, a little bit airy but massive, strong skunk smell

Happy with the keepers I got from these seeds. All in all it was a good learning experience. I am going to do some more tests on the keepers and see how the clones perform.

Also a quick side note the C-99 that I grew had small buds but an amazing smell. Sweet and fruity and covered in trichs. I didn't get a clone from this one but I don't think I would of kept it anyways due to small yield but amazing smoke.

I am looking forward to run the SS again I've made some nice mothers and will cut a try of
Clones for next run.

Phases is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 08:51 AM #59
ozzieAI

ozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant future
nice grow...your ICE#7 sounds like the cut i was growing...looking forward to finding again when my seeds arrive...

"Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy."
Paracelsus

positivity: "i don't believe you smoke pot...stoners are cool"
ozzieAI is online now Quote

Old 01-02-2018, 06:08 PM #60
Female Seeds
Vendor

Hey PH,

Here I am finally! Sorry for not replying before but as you can understand we were on holidays...just came back one week ago.

Thanks for posting about the weight of each plants, I really appreciate that from you. You can't imagine how useful is for us to know about these details.
ICE #3 I believe is the chosen one. From your descriptions it must resembles the real/original Ice. But did this get some purple tinge?
Normally the purple tinge ICE are not the most productive but the most sticky one, that's why I am asking.

What about the smoke? Any feedback on that? Did you guess the couch-locker effect?

About the Skunk Special. I am glad it went well in the end. After all the issues you had in the beginning, I see that the harvest didn't go that bad at all. Actually it is a good result
The description you give is also really tempting, I guess you really had a nice time with the Skunk Special.
You did not use the SCROG for the Skunk isn't it?

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks on behalf of Female Seeds Team for running these 2 strains. We enjoyed the journal which went smooth and with only a few bumps on the road. Thanks once more, I hope you enjoyed as much as we did.
I hope that running these 2 strains was a pleasure and fun for you too.

We keep in touch and take care,

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Been busy and forgot all about posting final Weight.

The first crop:

SS #3 - 58g
SS #4 - 71g
SS #7 - 52g

ICE #2 - 48
ICE #3 - 68
ICE #4 - 52
ICE #7 - 55
ICE #9 - 49
ICE #10 - 51

Unfortunately, I didn't get numbers for the SCROG, but I ended up putting too many plants under the screen and didn't end up with a great yield and some of the phenos where a bit airy

Out of all of the different phenos I decided to keep

ICE #3 - big tight buds, pheno grows short and bushy
SS #3 - gold ball sized tight skunky buds that have almost a sweet smell
SS # 4 - huge buds, a little bit airy but massive, strong skunk smell

Happy with the keepers I got from these seeds. All in all it was a good learning experience. I am going to do some more tests on the keepers and see how the clones perform.

Also a quick side note the C-99 that I grew had small buds but an amazing smell. Sweet and fruity and covered in trichs. I didn't get a clone from this one but I don't think I would of kept it anyways due to small yield but amazing smoke.

I am looking forward to run the SS again I've made some nice mothers and will cut a try of
Clones for next run.