Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow in Coco

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow in Coco Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2017, 09:58 PM #41
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Hey Brunch,

Thanks for dropping by, nice to hear from you.

So yes my Veg Room is really busy. I have about 10 strains going right now and I am trying to figure out which strains are which because when I moved things got all messed up.
So I have everything labels #1, #2 etc and then once my flower run is done I'll have a better idea of what is what.

The ICE plants are looking really good. I think I am going to Clone in next few days and then I am going to throw them into flower and see what I got.

I just sprayed everything down with Bug-B-Gone because I had some thrips I believe and I am still dealing with RA (Root Aphids- worst bug to deal with in my opinion.

I've also added a 400W HPS in my Veg Room to make it a little hotter and make the light a lot stronger- so hopefully that makes things Veg a little quicker. I feel like the plants on outside edge have been growing really slow.

Anyways. I am going to get things rocking here soon.
I am dying to see the buds that the ICE produces.

The veg Room is definitely stinking as well
It's a mix of a bunch of stuff. So not sure what's stinking the most at this point!!!

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:36 AM #42
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Update

Quick update,

Took clones from all of the bigger plants.

Here is a before an after from one of the ICE phenos

Left to Right
First picture is side view before cloning
Second is Top view before
Third is side view after Clone was taken
Last picture is top view after Clone was cut

I am going to let them recover for a few days and then get them into the flower room and get some buds growing!

There are a few smaller plants that were not transplanted into bigger pots and they are a little behind. I didn't Clone the smaller ones yet and I'll leave them in veg for a while take some clones and flip them when they are a bit bigger and bushier.

Think that I am finally getting the links of my new set up ironed out. Took a little bit to dial in the temp and humidity and deal with some bugs - so a few hiccups have slowed things up a bit but hopefully I'll ge let these ladies in flower and things will start rockin!!

Phases is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:27 PM #43
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Nice, really nice

So the flip moment is soon coming?!

And about the phenos of the ICE, would it be possible to show us the various phenos somehow? Don't worry about the buds of the ICE, you will see how they will turn frosty, is quite impressive actually.

I got a bit lost, how many plants do you currently have at the moment?

Sorry to hear about those bugs, how did they get on the plants? Just spray it for the next few days and it hopefully it will be recovered sooner than what we think.
Will you transplant them all in the end or not?

And no worries, now that you have everything prepared and ready for the flowering stage I believe everything will go smoother. A few hiccups on the way are normal, and you had to deal with quite some tricky issues.

Anyway, so good so far, really happy to see things going well.

Thanks for the updates and looking forward to seeing these young ladies flowering!

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
Quick update,

Took clones from all of the bigger plants.

Here is a before an after from one of the ICE phenos

Left to Right
First picture is side view before cloning
Second is Top view before
Third is side view after Clone was taken
Last picture is top view after Clone was cut

View Image View Image View Image View Image

I am going to let them recover for a few days and then get them into the flower room and get some buds growing!

There are a few smaller plants that were not transplanted into bigger pots and they are a little behind. I didn't Clone the smaller ones yet and I'll leave them in veg for a while take some clones and flip them when they are a bit bigger and bushier.

Think that I am finally getting the links of my new set up ironed out. Took a little bit to dial in the temp and humidity and deal with some bugs - so a few hiccups have slowed things up a bit but hopefully I'll ge let these ladies in flower and things will start rockin!!

Old 09-20-2017, 01:35 AM #44
Phases

Update

Hey everyone, still alive and kicking.

Been super busy and missed some updates but nothing super exciting yet.
Flipped to Flower and just into the second week.
Had a little bump coco dried a bit more than I would of liked the other day, but I got my drip system set up and bumped the feed up to 2x a day

Feeding
Week 1&2 of 12/12
3ml/g calmag
6ml/g micro
9ml/g bloom
1drop/g superthrive
Potassium silicate as ph up.
1.2 ec / 5.8-6.0 ph

Snapped a few pictures but only when lights on so don't get a very good look at them. I'll get a proper update with the individual phenos - looks like the SS is stretching - I super cropped them at end week 1 and these ladies were topped (took clones) about a week before flower.

Everything is looking pretty good. I kept them in 1 gal pots of coco and going to keep an eye on how quick they are drying out right now 2 - 1 min feeds with 396 gph pump gives a nice bit of runoff and keep the salt from building up -
Going to need to stake these ladies for sure - I'll get some. Ether pictures at lights out.

Phases is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:49 AM #45
bigganjabud

Looking forward to the swell

Old 09-24-2017, 04:26 AM #46
Phases

Quick update -

This is the WWxBB hasn't been lollipoped yet -

Got some pics with lights out. These are just starting week #3.
They stretched a little more than I was ready for. Would like to flip these a lot smaller - should of measured the height of them when I flipped and see how much they stretched.

Phases is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2017, 05:59 PM #47
Phases

This is a fan leaf from one of my ICE phenos -
The ruler is 15cm - just for scale. Huge leaves on some of these phenos.

Out of the ICE phenos it looks like there are 2 that are staying shorter and bushier - the SS really stretches.

I think that Once I complete this run and figure out which phenos are the keepers I want to try running a table of the SS and only veg for a week and flip them. I think they would still end up fairly big.

Can't wait to see how these yield and what they are like quality wise.

They are in week 3 of flower

Feeding (ml/g)
Using RO water - potassium silicate for PH up
3 calmag
6/9 (micro/bloom)
That's it -
I am looking at some bloom boosters
Maybe liquid kool bloom.
I have the powered kool bloom
Does anyone have any suggestions on bloom boosters??

Thanks.

Phases is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2017, 01:45 PM #48
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Let the show begin!
Great news PH, plants are doing more than fine

The stretch of the SS is quite noticeable but the ICE did not react in the same way isn't it?
And about the SS. I remember the issue you had in the beginning but now plants are doing perfectly fine as far as I see, or am i wrong? Seems like nothing happened!

You are giving to both SS and Ice the same amount of nutrients?
Remember that the SS with some pheno may need some more support, generally is way hunger than the ICE.

Quote:
Hey everyone, still alive and kicking.

Been super busy and missed some updates but nothing super exciting yet.
Flipped to Flower and just into the second week.
Had a little bump coco dried a bit more than I would of liked the other day, but I got my drip system set up and bumped the feed up to 2x a day

Feeding
Week 1&2 of 12/12
3ml/g calmag
6ml/g micro
9ml/g bloom
1drop/g superthrive
Potassium silicate as ph up.
1.2 ec / 5.8-6.0 ph

Snapped a few pictures but only when lights on so don't get a very good look at them. I'll get a proper update with the individual phenos - looks like the SS is stretching - I super cropped them at end week 1 and these ladies were topped (took clones) about a week before flower.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Everything is looking pretty good. I kept them in 1 gal pots of coco and going to keep an eye on how quick they are drying out right now 2 - 1 min feeds with 396 gph pump gives a nice bit of runoff and keep the salt from building up -
Going to need to stake these ladies for sure - I'll get some. Ether pictures at lights out.
Quote:
View Image

This is a fan leaf from one of my ICE phenos -
The ruler is 15cm - just for scale. Huge leaves on some of these phenos.

Out of the ICE phenos it looks like there are 2 that are staying shorter and bushier - the SS really stretches.

I think that Once I complete this run and figure out which phenos are the keepers I want to try running a table of the SS and only veg for a week and flip them. I think they would still end up fairly big.

Can't wait to see how these yield and what they are like quality wise.

They are in week 3 of flower

Feeding (ml/g)
Using RO water - potassium silicate for PH up
3 calmag
6/9 (micro/bloom)
That's it -
I am looking at some bloom boosters
Maybe liquid kool bloom.
I have the powered kool bloom
Does anyone have any suggestions on bloom boosters??

Thanks.

Love the leaf, huge indeed.

With the SS you can kind of expect a good yield, even if veggie for a super short time, it's in the traits of the plant to be a valid producer. In any case you can try the same with the ICE, officially ICE produces more but it depends on what kind of pheno you have.
About the booster, I will send you a pm about it later in the afternoon. I may can help you somehow

The SS are all looking the same with the same traits? Any smell?

Thanks for the updates Phases, things are looking really good so far!

All the best,
Mr B.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:11 PM #49
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
Looking very good phases, there's going to be a nice field of buds there soon. Should yield well by the looks.
Lovely work

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: csg dead chem head- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360280

Mars hydro ts1000 test- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362526

csg triangle cheesedog x London church testers- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362387
mr.brunch is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 09:33 PM #50
Phases

Mr. B,

So I've noticed that the SS did Strech more than ICE but I did have everything Strech a lot on me this run, maybe had the light up a little too high, also they went right from T5 to 1000w hps- going to start vegging under a 400w MH for a week or so before they go into flower Room.
SS starting to smell forsure and these are going to be some big plants. Considering how big they were when I flipped them. They would be great to give a week or two veg and flip them.
The ice look like may have have a bit too much N - little darker than I like to see and my coco dried a bit when didn't flip timer back to auto and got some clawed leaves. So I mixed up some calmag and give a little flush.

Nutrients.
Week #5 (ml/g)
2 calmag
6/9 (micro/bloom)
.5tsp/5gal Monster Bloom
1.1ec/5.8-6.0 PH

I have both SS and Ice on DTW using 1/4" open feed lines. All get same food.
I think in future might seperate them and do a run of just SS and seperate run of ICE
Once I get a run or two under my belt I will be able to dial them in better.

They really bounced back after the damage that I had at the beginning. Thankfully.
I've been battling root aphids, which sucks big time.
I have nematodes and using stickys for the fliers. The nematodes make a big difference for sure. Just have to keep hitting them.

Phases is offline Quote