What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

McPpk

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, Ok. I'm not really over loosing that typed out response to one errant click with quite definite consequences. But I do feel better now after mmj and some Fender action.
Did i say I effin hated that? yah, maybe I did.

Sorry Av, believe me it was poetry. pure literary bliss but alas, gone forever.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some veggie room construction pics

a bit ghetto with the hinges but, meh. your not going to see them again for a while.

picture.php

vr room height is about 60". my dehumi will be routed thru the vr down to the resevoir area drain.

picture.php

that is the 10G replenishment container which feeds the float valve in the control bucket. to the lower right is a 6" air inlet which is fed by a port near the lung room air return.

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the vr floor. I'll use the trap door for a while to fill the replenishment res for another week or so. then I'm going to plumb in a larger res located outside the VR/FR area in the lung room.

picture.php

door frame. about 1 1/4" lip there for light sealing. I'll use orca to seal the hinge side of the door. I caulked the shit out of it sometime after this.

picture.php

dehumi drain line and power cord. the drain tube continues into the res drain. the dehumi cord is just hanging there in this pic. I later install a power bar and tidy up the cords. not shown yet tho.

picture.php

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok, ok. enough. i've degenerated into a build thread.

6/12

picture.php

6/15 - Day one of 12/12.

notice the absence of the little CK#2 that is usually cuddling with SWD in site 4 it is now living in the VR. yip yip
the CC is coming along nicely. so are the GLP and and the CK. That SWD is lanky. I'll go with it for a while. hope it will surprise me. not looking likely tho at this point. I'm not blaming the seed. that site has not received the same fill treatment, it would be moi. plus that is probably its sativa showing thru.

picture.php

You can see that I added the valves to the site 1-3 feed lines. I ran out of male 3/4" nozzles so I did not install the one to site 4 yet. Site 4 was the problem child anyway. I progressively restrict site 2, 1, 3 in that order so that site 4 gets a better balanced feed. now they all are pretty close in filling up.

ah, yeah. forgot to add that I've touched up a lot of the orca in the FR. the frayed ends of the orca tape in the FR was killing me.

Last edited:

av8or

Hahahaha! You crack me up, Brother Kush. I completely understand the weed and strings method of relaxation. I bought a baby grand to sit under my guitars that hang on the wall so now I have to learn to play. I'm not sure if it adds or subtracts to my frustration....but my ovation and I definitely know how to chill!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so, which one are you gonna flower in there?

Ha! Ya buddy, its gonna be a tight one. For sure man. Last time it was 10 now 4. Doing up a single tree vert and horizontal lighting will be on the list some day. I think cc glp and ck are gonna pack it mostly.

The cotton candy which self topped and that i then trained is gonna sprout chingas of colas.

I have been pinching the green love potion and more importantly the spicy white devil to slow them down. I prolly should have topped them all to begin with. Im still at the point where it pains me to fim or cut off the main stem. Gotta get over that. Might have to tie the swd in a knot to slow it down. The critical kush is starting to purr. Huge fans on that one.

Healthy and happy they are.

Cheers d9

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahahaha! You crack me up, Brother Kush. I completely understand the weed and strings method of relaxation. I bought a baby grand to sit under my guitars that hang on the wall so now I have to learn to play. I'm not sure if it adds or subtracts to my frustration....but my ovation and I definitely know how to chill!

Cool beans. I love singing and playing guitar. Have a dedicated music room. Ive got a yiari from 06 that i like. Really get a kick out of electric tho. So got enough of those.... had bad GAS for a while. Then amps, pedals... Finally got enough and just play em now.

Good release music is.

Keep a strat and egnator tweaker in the lung room. But sometimes i bring out my steel guitar to make noise upon.

av8or

I really like the attention to detail in your build. Super clean. Obviously there's some NCO left in ya!

D9 has a point....those girls are gonna pack that place out. You're obviously an incredibly quick study! Well done boss.

Side note....I love the orca film in my room but I'm thinking about switching to reflectix for IR reflectivity to slow the stretching of far side colas. Of course, this is a vertical lighting problem. That orca is a breeze to clean, though.

av8or

Cool beans. I love singing and playing guitar. Have a dedicated music room. Ive got a yiari from 06 that i like. Really get a kick out of electric tho. So got enough of those.... had bad GAS for a while. Then amps, pedals... Finally got enough and just play em now.

Good release music is.

Keep a strat and egnator tweaker in the lung room. But sometimes i bring out my steel guitar to make noise upon.

I'm jealous! Ive wanted my own music studio for years. I've got all the equipment and software and everything but I made a grow room instead of a studio. Then I made a dab lab instead of a studio. I need a studio!!

One of these days I'm going to throw an international ppk fest on a pot farm that I've developed and we're gonna have to jam out and tell war stories.

The best things in life come with strings attached....six of them.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Oh, don't let me mislead you. My motto is "If you can't play good at least play good guitars". hehe. i tried to teach myself chords 30 yrs ago in the barracks when I bought an old Gibson Blue Ridge Custom from a guy in my unit going back to the states. He had a banjo and two acoustics in his horse stall and was shipping out! He showed them to me and not knowing anything but recognizing the name Gibson, I bought that one for $100. my mistake was not immediately getting a teacher. Fast forward 25 years, I started back up about 6 years ago at 45 when I realized that if i didn't start then I was going to have a serious life regret at some point. So I've been plucking away but not making the gains I would have made had I kept it up while I had a young nimble brain....

I should have bought all three, who knows what that banjo was and what it was worth. Would be fun to pluck on that one now. But I make do with my steel guitar named Arlene.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm jealous! Ive wanted my own music studio for years. I've got all the equipment and software and everything but I made a grow room instead of a studio. Then I made a dab lab instead of a studio. I need a studio!!

One of these days I'm going to throw an international ppk fest on a pot farm that I've developed and we're gonna have to jam out and tell war stories.

The best things in life come with strings attached....six of them.

PM me when you are ready and I'll take a little vacation and come out!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pic of the VR door covered with Orca and light sealed.

picture.php

Here is a pic from farther back into the lung to give a better perspective of scale & room dimensions. I'll eventually rehang the epap to remove the 2x4 it is attached to and therefore giving me another 1 1/2" of height.

The fixture itself is rather high and I'll probably drop it down some but I may just leave it alone too and avoid altogether the chance of light bleaching.

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6/17 Day 3, 79F - note the GLP has been rotated a bit so that the sway in its trunk puts more of the plant into that corner to reduce the encroachment on the CC.

picture.php

My inexperience leaves me unsure if the prudent thing to do is to top GLP, CK, and SWD or not. Not expecting to slow them down so that the CC comes to the same level, but the difference is going to certainly prevent even light to canopy distribution as the other three rocket up.

what to do, what to do...

also need to figure out net/trellis plan. I played with bamboo stakes last night and I don't think it is a viable support material in these tubs. Ideally I would like a raised 20-24 inch hoop attached to the tub with netting stretched across it. with the ability to add additional levels as required. Nothing I've been able to think of is working out yet in my head without more effort than I wish to expend. My preference is to have the tubs independent from any other structure so that they can be rotated to aid even out light distribution or individually removed as required.

I could just stretch netting across and anchor that to the walls but that locks me into group grow and harvest and I want to run perpetually for a while. No desire to monocrop right now but I do see how much of a benefit in canopy and light management that monocropping would bring.

Av, I may just follow your lead and suspend a net frame from the ceiling.

The only other idea is to break out my MIG and get a tool that bends rods into hoops and fashion a totally tits system. I do have a design in mind for that but fucks sake, i just wanna relax and grow for a while and not spend all my time building or parts scrounging! Its fun for a while but becomes tedious after several years of it.

sheesh its like perpetually working on your car and despite knowing its gonna happen, you still somehow get sold the wrong part from the auto parts store you realize when you are on your back under the car up to your pits in grease with shit falling into your eyes left and right and your ride aint getting you back to the store now that you've started the repair. hehe life's rich pageant indeed.

Buddler

Veteran
Hey MK how bout LST take the lanky one and bend over towards the open space drill a lil hole in top of the pot and grab some string keep canopy even . LST is a great way to control height without topping and it builds lots of colas.Or tomato cages and LST.B

Buddler

Veteran
Hey MK how bout LST take the lanky one and bend over towards the open space drill a lil hole in top of the pot and grab some string keep canopy even . LST is a great way to control height without topping and it builds lots of colas.Or tomato cages and LST.B

:tiphat:B

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bud. What up bro? I always dig getting a pic out of you. Funny you say that. This morning i decided to bend that one bacwards towards the corner. It is 29" the end of day 5. I have been pinching the shit out of it and the glp which is 24" started to pinch the ck also.

Topped my ck#2 in veg at the 6 or 7 node. It started to really stretch after going from the epap to 46w t5.

Clones all still hanging in there

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Hey Bud. What up bro? I always dig getting a pic out of you. Funny you say that. This morning i decided to bend that one bacwards towards the corner. It is 29" the end of day 5. I have been pinching the shit out of it and the glp which is 24" started to pinch the ck also.

Topped my ck#2 in veg at the 6 or 7 node. It started to really stretch after going from the epap to 46w t5.

Clones all still hanging in there

you should be able to run that epap at 24" without burning or bleaching. the gavita has a hot spot at 24" dead center.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really like the attention to detail in your build. Super clean. Obviously there's some NCO left in ya!

D9 has a point....those girls are gonna pack that place out. You're obviously an incredibly quick study! Well done boss.

Side note....I love the orca film in my room but I'm thinking about switching to reflectix for IR reflectivity to slow the stretching of far side colas. Of course, this is a vertical lighting problem. That orca is a breeze to clean, though.

Hey, Av. Interesting comment about Orca v. Reflectix. Hadn't thought about it in those terms. Orca is the shit though, great material.

I'm about reflectix'd out tho man, no more for me. With the exception of my ceiling and the FR floor, every wall and the floor has two layers of reflectix sandwiching Roxul insulation. Went thru rolls of that shit. Then every wall, ceiling, floor is constructed out of two layers of 3/4 ply bonded with Green Glue sound treatment. Every seem and screw hole filled with either latex or sound abatement type caulk. Fucks sake way overkill for a indoor garden but not so much for a room to play loud music in at whatever time of day/night I deem fit for a romp. :)

I think I ruined about every old piece of old clothing I owned and most of my not old clothing building that room. lol, the memory of it. green glue never dries out or comes off your clothes. the shit is like permanently sticky snot. its like having buggers stuck on everything.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Moved too slowly on supporting, lst the SWD. Came in last night (start of day 7 i think) and the SWD was laying horizontal on its side. Luckily my step stopped its complete fall. I have propped it back up with some bamboo but haven't had the chance yet to see if I can build a cage and save it.

Here's the thing. After I propped it back up, I measured it at 36". It was 29" just a couple of days ago. how is that possible? Its gotta be growing at least 2"/day if this is correct. Its been receiving a full flood during this time from that partial flood prior to installing the valves.

Another weird thing about this plant is that I could swear that it has worked its root ball (root riot) upwards a bit to become even more unstable. Hindsight I should have burried that root riot much more deeply when I transplanted.

So I will likely take some more clones off of it tonight and give it a couple of days before I cull or not. I hate to kill anything that I've got going this long and it is my only Sat dominant strain I've got going which is the worst part. Was looking forward to this plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts