What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

decarbing qwiso/oil

MrAwder

Reading through a lot of threads looking at different ways and #'s for making green dragon. Someone mentioned using hash/oil instead of plant material to get less chlorophyll and plant tastes. Another person recommended de-carbing it beforehand just like with buds/trim. How do you reliably de-carb oils or hash? My QWISO usually ends up in a sticky little ball. Should I just toss it on some tin foil and into the over for 5 min @ 325? I feel like this would make it melt into a sticky pool that would be impossible then to add it to the alcohol.

I was also thinking about using 1g buds broken up and then crumbling up bits of qwiso on top so it just melts and gathers into the plant material.

Any suggestions on this?

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Decarboxylate your oil at 250F for 27 minutes following the graph provided by jump. I use a ceramic dish in a hot vegetable oil bath on a hotplate instead of the oven, it allows you to watch the decarboxylation process and better understand the reaction happening. I would also change your orginal extracting solvent to ethanol(everclear) since your consuming the oil as a tincture.

Check out the link to skunk pharms decarboxylation page
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Use QWETHO for edibles... your body will thank you.

Once it's decarbed (Midwest gives good advice there) you can just add your alcohol/vodka/whatever to it and re-dissolve it. Drink up. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

MrAwder

indeed i will be using ethanol (everclear 190 proof) for the extraction. i found i was able to have it shipped to my state so I have 2 bottles on the way. i will also be making some bubble hash and experimenting with that.

thanks for the info. i have seen the posts on this in the hash forum but it slipped my mind completely.

does anyone use or add lecithin to green dragon? I know it supposed to have some good benefits but I'm not sure about the "thickening" aspect. i ordered some to use with BadKats capsule guide.

MedicalMilitia

Reading through a lot of threads looking at different ways and #'s for making green dragon. Someone mentioned using hash/oil instead of plant material to get less chlorophyll and plant tastes. Another person recommended de-carbing it beforehand just like with buds/trim. How do you reliably de-carb oils or hash? My QWISO usually ends up in a sticky little ball. Should I just toss it on some tin foil and into the over for 5 min @ 325? I feel like this would make it melt into a sticky pool that would be impossible then to add it to the alcohol.

I was also thinking about using 1g buds broken up and then crumbling up bits of qwiso on top so it just melts and gathers into the plant material.

Any suggestions on this?

I personally use the RSO method, using either 99% iso or 94% ethanol.