What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with consuming/converting Green Dragon

StinkyGreen

I managed to make some Green Dragon that I'm very happy with in terms of the quality of the high. My technique was somewhat accidental: fill a mason jar with fully cured buds (Satori), fill the jar with pure (94%) ethanol, boil (sealed) in a water bath for 30 mins, put it away in a dark cupboard to cool. Forget about it. Find it about a year later. Filter the alcohol through a coffee filter.

1mL of this stuff sends me straight to my ideal happy place for about 5-6 hrs. It's the best high I've experienced in ingest-able form. The problem is that it tastes really, really awful. I can seriously barely drink it. I've tried mixing it into all kinds of different liquids but nothing seems to mask the vileness. It also seems to upset my stomach. So I'm stuck with a whole bottle of inaccessible goodness. Any ideas for how I can turn it into something more palatable without destroying the nature of the high?

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I'd be interested in suggestions also

I'd be interested in suggestions also

I made some green dragon with everclear. Put one eyedropperfull with a can of coke, and it was still the most god awful tasting stuff I ever had. I think next time(yeah I'm gonna do it again) I'm gonna make it with glycerine .(sp)

Piel

Veteran
I´ve made GD a few times and the best mix is with freshly pressed orange juice, 1part GD to 10 parts OJ. Tastes a bit like grapefruitjuice. Another nice mix is with Amaretto, 1 part GD to 3 parts Amaretto.

StinkyGreen

I've tried OJ, sodas, fruit juices, coffee ... all of them were disgusting. The best luck I had was with Creme de Menthe liqueur. I imagine Amaretto would be good too - thanks for the suggestion.
What I'd really like to do is see if I can turn this undrinkable elixir into something better. For example:

1. Evaporate 1ml doses, scrape up the residue, and mix it with powdered sugar and cocoa to make something edible.

2. Mix 1ml doses into cookie batter and bake the cookies to evaporate the alcohol

2. Boil the GD with oil and water. Presumably the water will absorb the nasty stuff, and the oil will absorb the THC/good stuff. Discard the water.

I'm probably just going to try each of these methods and see what works, but I thought it was worth asking to see if anyone had successfully done something like this before.

K

kannubis

Double boil it to evaporate most of the alcohol, you should end up with some pretty good extract that can be mixed with canola oil to use in recipes that have a good cover flavor.
Should be very similar to QWISO.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Make qwiso, then dissolve that in any booze you want. nearly zero taste and much more potent. I wont even touch regukar green dragon, its just got far too much contaminants in it and tastes awful.

cfo

I just mix it with a small glass of fruit juice and slam it like you would a shot of tequila. Try not to taste it. Chase it with another small glass of fruit juice.

P

pine boy

Red Bull is a good mixer.Foams up a little and does a cool yellow green thing.Both taste bad tho

StinkyGreen

Update

Update

I did some experimenting this weekend:

1) I evaporated 1mL of GD on a plate, mixed the residue with cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and butter, and then mixed it with a crushed chocolate mint truffle. The result looks and smells just like a chocolate mint. This was a fair bit of work, but I absolutely love the idea of canna-chocolates.

2) I dropped 1mL onto a store bought shortbread cookie and let the alcohol evaporate. It looks/smells perfectly edible. This required the least effort and would be a great way to quickly make edibles.

3) I made some cookie dough, added 1mL of GD to a blob of it, mixed it well, and baked it into a cookie. This was easier than making cookies with bud butter, plus has the advantage of strict dosage control.

Each of these turned out really well. I haven't had a chance to eat any of them yet to test the high, but I'm hopeful. I'll post the results after I get a chance to consume them.

StinkyGreen

Quick update: I tried the shortbread cookie that I had dropped the 1mL of GD on and let dry. The effect was perfect. The cookie tasted fine (but definitely unusual) and my stomach didn't complain at all. The only drawback, if I can call it that, is that the effect took longer to come on. With GD it's about 30min; with the cookie (as with other edibles) it's more like 60min.

This is great - my GD is still useful and I can easily whip up a batch of as many cookies I need.

It also inspired me to try something else: I still like the idea of canna-chocolates (chocolannabis? :)), but the previous method I used was too complex. What I'm trying this time is using an exacto knife to hollow out a mint truffle, filling it with GD, letting the alcohol evaporate, then refilling in the hole with the carved out chocolate. Presto: instant single dosage cannabis mint chocolates!

I'll post again to let folks know how this works. I haven't eaten one yet but I see no reason why it shouldn't have the same effect as the cookie.

StinkyGreen

I just stumbled upon a procedure for cleaning up Green Dragon that seems like it would work:

- Mix nasty Green Dragon with water
- Heat to 173F to boil off the alcohol (but not the water)

As THC is not soluble in water, it apparently drops out of the solution as oil. All the nasty stuff (chlorophyll, etc.) stays dissolved in the water.

- pour (or draw) off the water
- redissolve the oil in ethanol for a "cleaner" Green Dragon

I have not tried this, but I will give it a shot. If anyone has already done this I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Piel

Veteran
So far the best results: Debcarb at 180C, forget the weed in the oven so it stinks up the whole house and some of the weed has a brown tone, dump it in Everclear and land it stand for about 3hours, boil off most of the alchohol (300ml becomes 100 ml).

5ml taken 20 hours ago and I´m still slightly buzzed which is a new experience.

The weed was kieffed quality bud, Mossy´s Jem.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Hey StinkyGreen, I've done similar. Hexane added to the alcohol/water mix will pull the THC out and leave all the nasties behind. Hexane boils a bit lower than alcohol too. Add 10:1 hexane:THC. 2 grams of THC in the mix would need 20 grams (6 tsp) hexane. Use a skinny glass, the hexane/THC will float on top of the alcohol/water. Invert gently 5 or 6 times and let sit for 20 minutes. Skim off the good stuff or pour SLOWLY over a large plate, the liquid follows the side of the glass and comes off the bottom in a crooked stream. A small amount of ick is almost unavoidable but too dilute to hurt. Define 'small'. Gentle heat will evaporate the hexane leaving BHO. I've made both and and any difference has been due my care or lack of care.

Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. Substitute a teaspoon of butter with a teaspoon of oil for 24 Toll House cookies. Nothing but chocolate through and through. :kitty:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I had the same problem with my GD, it tastes pretty vile... 85% Aiguaardiente Moonshine Hooch...

The cure is Sugar, loads of it.... mix in Sugar to almost 75% of the volume of your GD, shake and shake it till it all dissolves, you now have the finest GD liqueur that tastes perfect, if a little sweet.

To water it down, I found plain water sent it milky, but distilled water did dilute it with out sending it milky.

blastfrompast

Veteran
I might try the sugar thing...

I have 200ml that has 10g of quiso, and 2g of bho in it....nasty... But drinking a capfull sure does mess you right up.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's concentrated enough, just use gelcaps. Use a medicine dropper to put the green dragon into an empty capsule, put the top back on the capsule, and swallow with a drink. You don't taste it at all that way. The 00 capsules hold about a milliliter. The 000 caps hold a little more.

Sr. Cantiflas

I managed to make some Green Dragon that I'm very happy with in terms of the quality of the high. My technique was somewhat accidental: fill a mason jar with fully cured buds (Satori), fill the jar with pure (94%) ethanol, boil (sealed) in a water bath for 30 mins, put it away in a dark cupboard to cool. Forget about it. Find it about a year later. Filter the alcohol through a coffee filter.

1mL of this stuff sends me straight to my ideal happy place for about 5-6 hrs. It's the best high I've experienced in ingest-able form. The problem is that it tastes really, really awful. I can seriously barely drink it. I've tried mixing it into all kinds of different liquids but nothing seems to mask the vileness. It also seems to upset my stomach. So I'm stuck with a whole bottle of inaccessible goodness. Any ideas for how I can turn it into something more palatable without destroying the nature of the high?
You could mix it with sugar, just enough to make a slush then bake at a low heat until the alcohol evaporates

S

sourpuss

Thinking water cure, then dry, then soak for a few hours.... would a nice vodka 80 proof work? 40 percent... meaning to try this for a while....