What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble's Doubleds MPB buckets....

turbolaser4528

Veteran
ull be arite braa.:ying:

-pond liner?
-secure connections
-check valve

you should be good brotha, as long as you built it solid I dont see any major probs happenin, the bitches can survive a 2-3 day power outage in those tubs, plenty of time..

o yeah, maybe insert the feed line through the lid, secure it to the bottom, so as to get the same effects/results but without having to worry about the water flowing back out of the tubs and overflowing the rez.

but i guess the check valve takes care of that huh? lol take care main ill b watching

BIGGS

Veteran
looking real good there mate. from reading a bit of doubleds posts he says its best to stick to one strain and run it 4 or 5 times, so you get to know it real well. as to get the best out of the system. just wondering if you'll be going with one strain or always running multiple strains?

Krunch- Your commitment to always going big is an inspiration.... Strong Work!

I really wanted to use one of these systems in my new rooms, but it just didn't seem practical for my scenario. No matter what I have tried, it always seems to include way more money in bits than it should...
After a few harvests with coco, I am kicking myself for not going RDWC, I really like the concepts behind the Biobuckets and think dd's system is taking it to the next level. Coco is great, don't get me wrong; I just personally prefer working with water. It seems impossible to clean enough, always coco spilling somewhere....

I'm sure you've read BigToke's thread at the top of the page, but if not, their are some really good tips in the first bunch of pages, with personal experiences after.

I'll be taking notes for when I get the balls to convert.

Have fun
H

About ventilation and cutting holes in rental property walls:
I know I am an absolute beginner compared to your experiences, but here is what helped me gain control over my environment with less shit than I already had....

I tried and tried to make my scene work without cutting holes in the ceiling and floor for ducting. In the end, I threw away three quarters of a crop mostly due to the inability to control the environment as needed. After that loss, I called in an HVAC mechanic(also a close friend). He made me realize that repairing drywall is a lot easier, quicker, and cheaper than trying to cool the air in the room any other way. He also showed me how cheap a mini-split could be installed for; a five ton of a better make could be installed for much less than I was quoted a three ton by a local shop! He said they can be set-up to both heat and cool, as well as dehumidify without cooling or heating with a couple of other additional gadgets.

In the end, he cut two 8" holes for air-cooled light exhaust(six lights) and one 12" hole for room exhaust; these wye together in the attic and exhaust out of a 14" roof jack(could be out of gable vents). He also cut one hole in the floor and ran an 8" intake for the lights and a 6" intake for the room into the crawlspace under the house. The intake for the room has a Hepa and the lights just a cheap scrubber. The intake and exhaust are attached to a GroZone thermo-speed control ($120) which varies fan speed proportionally based on temp and day/night setting. This replaced a myriad of different fans for day and night as well as cheap a/c and other crap. A big plus to this modification was noise reduction. I also think the active intake blowing on the plants really helps since I do not run CO2.

later
H

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Krunch I have a suggestion for the heat issue on the chiller. I use a chiller on my Reef Tank and the heat that in generated was awful what I did was I Placed the chiller under the crawl space right below the tank. I drilled 2 holes for the hoses.These are easy to fix later just make sure you pull back the carpet if there is any. I now have no heat added from this piece of equipment. Very nice setup you have. Im also interested in trying this.

L-Immortal

Hey Krunch,

So whats your currrent review of these buckets? I know it's early on but surely you have some current pro's and cons on it being a first time mpb'er...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
1 week since the plants went in the system. roots started coming out the buckets 3 days ago. these girls grow fast and grow strong!

the merlin magic are taking off, the white fire and chemkush are coming around, se lots of new growth, but the merlin magics are another story!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
WOW!!! Bro you are a inspiration and if you need help trimming holler at me cuz that's gonna be some WORK!! 4lb plants my goodness that's a 20lb harvest off 5k you said?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
BIGGS - its whatever i have available , i flower. most of the time its multiple strains, it does cut down on weight, but my patients and myself like variety.

Flying High - appreciate it, but got it covered....

hoots manuva - im going to use my own nutrient schedule. h@g schedule with some additions, no shooting powder....

Hammerhead - thanks! that would a good ides, but this house has no carpet, all brand new hardwood floors. going to install an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

L-Immortal - im very impressed with it! the growth in one week is amazing! all my boys are getting sick of it, its all i talk about! still stressing about floods......

TrichyTrichy - you crack me up! lol

Thundurkel - i know! the trimming will be hard and long. this last round i picked up a trim reaper, love it! id be ecstatic to even get 12 lb's off of 5k.

catman - magic merlin by outlaw genetics....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Oh yea? Is that the trimmer by Advanced Nutrients? you don't feel it it damages the buds at all? That's been my only problem with those trimmer things is seeing dudes just throw pretty cola's against em slapping em around all pissed off pimp style and shit haha

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Oh yea? Is that the trimmer by Advanced Nutrients? you don't feel it it damages the buds at all? That's been my only problem with those trimmer things is seeing dudes just throw pretty cola's against em slapping em around all pissed off pimp style and shit haha

i hate trimmers also.
for lazy greedy fuckers.

krunch, why dont u want it legalized? i smell greed...

cars are legal and people spend a million dollars on bughatti vyrons and ferraris etc.