Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > brown spots on leaves new coco grow

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
brown spots on leaves new coco grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2019, 04:56 PM #1
Rab.C
Member

Rab.C's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Govan.Scotland
Posts: 273
Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
brown spots on leaves new coco grow

hey icmag i need some help.my coco seedling of serious kush
has a cpl of leaves with brown spots.they are in dna mills coco
and being fed EC1.0 of mills nutrients temps25c ph might be wrong as i am using liquid drops she is under 96watts of t5 the leafs are not soft
but paper like...i have a cpl of pics to see if anyone can help
thanks Rab.C

Last edited by Rab.C; 02-18-2019 at 08:26 PM..
Rab.C is offline Quote


Old 01-31-2019, 10:19 PM #2
TanzanianMagic
Member

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 726
TanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab.C View Post
hey icmag i need some help.my coco seedling of serious kush
has a cpl of leaves with brown spots.they are in dna mills coco
and being fed EC1.0 of mills nutrients temps25c ph might be wrong as i am using liquid drops she is under 96watts of t5 the leafs are not soft
but paper like...i have a cpl of pics to see if anyone can help
thanks Rab.C
It looks like some kind of mobile nutrient deficiency/lockout, which could be magnesium, phosphorus or potassium, and it doesn't look like nitrogen deficiency.

Most likely magnesium.

So the question is: is it a deficiency or a lockout?

The cause of lockout could be:

- RO or filtered water
- low temperatures at the root zone
- overfeeding other nutrients
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote


Old 01-31-2019, 10:28 PM #3
Rab.C
Member

Rab.C's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Govan.Scotland
Posts: 273
Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzanianMagic View Post
It looks like some kind of mobile nutrient deficiency/lockout, which could be magnesium, phosphorus or potassium, and it doesn't look like nitrogen deficiency.

Most likely magnesium.

So the question is: is it a deficiency or a lockout?

The cause of lockout could be:

- RO or filtered water
- low temperatures at the root zone
- overfeeding other nutrients
i made new nutrient res other day and added 5ml of shogun cal mag
to 10ltrs of tap water that made water EC0.3 then added nutrients to EC1.3
Rab.C is offline Quote


Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 PM #4
Rab.C
Member

Rab.C's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Govan.Scotland
Posts: 273
Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
i have too say it wasnt there until mt last feed. then this turned up
Rab.C is offline Quote


Old 01-31-2019, 10:37 PM #5
Cvh
Senior Member

Cvh's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: West-EU
Posts: 1,222
Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
Lol. I just wanted to ask if you added anything else besides your regular nutrients. But your post beat me to it.

My guess incorrect pH or calcium lockout because you added to much magnesium.
__________________
The gardener that grows plants between the rocks shall be King. ~ Author unknown

Cvh is offline Quote


Old 01-31-2019, 10:42 PM #6
Rab.C
Member

Rab.C's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Govan.Scotland
Posts: 273
Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvh View Post
Lol. I just wanted to ask if you added anything else besides your regular nutrients. But your post beat me to it.

I let you try to guess what went wrong.
i dont have a clue Cvh what happend
Rab.C is offline Quote


Old 01-31-2019, 10:51 PM #7
Cvh
Senior Member

Cvh's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: West-EU
Posts: 1,222
Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
Correct that you recently started to add extra Cal/Mag?

My guess you caused a lockout because off to much Cal/Mag.
Or your pH is incorrect.
__________________
The gardener that grows plants between the rocks shall be King. ~ Author unknown

Cvh is offline Quote


Old 01-31-2019, 10:53 PM #8
Rab.C
Member

Rab.C's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Govan.Scotland
Posts: 273
Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
thanks Cvh i think it was incorrect ph because i didnt adjust last res but was told it was PH5.8 but it couldnt have been because of them leaves thanks for the reply and info
Rab.C is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:12 AM #9
TanzanianMagic
Member

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 726
TanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab.C View Post
i have too say it wasnt there until mt last feed. then this turned up
"the leafs are not soft but paper like"

I think they might be overfed. If too much nutrients stay in the medium, it may pull down the pH, which would lock out mobile nutrients.

It's best to keep your pH at 6.0 in coco. You could check runoff, or just water with 0.8 EC total, first with bloom nutrients.

The P in bloomfood will stimulate root development, and a bigger root system will mean more efficient takeup of nutrients.

They may also be almost ready to going into flower and repotting.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:38 AM #10
Rab.C
Member

Rab.C's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Govan.Scotland
Posts: 273
Rab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really niceRab.C is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzanianMagic View Post
"the leafs are not soft but paper like"

I think they might be overfed. If too much nutrients stay in the medium, it may pull down the pH, which would lock out mobile nutrients.

It's best to keep your pH at 6.0 in coco. You could check runoff, or just water with 0.8 EC total, first with bloom nutrients.

The P in bloomfood will stimulate root development, and a bigger root system will mean more efficient takeup of nutrients.

They may also be almost ready to going into flower and repotting.
i have potted the plant up tonight and leaves are looking better i think

Last edited by Rab.C; 02-18-2019 at 08:27 PM..
Rab.C is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.

Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:05 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.