What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
by the way keif/resinglands wont make hash if they arent pure enough. Its more like smoking a bud with lots of resin not just resin glands.

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
it wouldnt be very potent. for murch/schwag you would usually use about an ounce to 2 sticks of butter. Remember when eating pot, you need to eat almost double the amount of pot you would normally smoke in one sitting. Depends if it has seeds also.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
yes. Unless you get stuff for around $60 an ounce and even that is high. Your better off paying for stuff that costs more but has less seeds. It will mean your paying more for pot and less for unsmokeable seeds.

SuperMoose

a few questions

Is it better to boil the weed before you throw it in the butter, or use the ice and cold water method? Eliminating the weed taste would be a big plus for me as I personally have a hard time stomaching it

Also how effective is using vapor crap to make butter? Is it even worth doing?

Anyway I'm giving it a go now. I started by boiling the weed twice then putting it in a pot with water and butter. The mixture is at ~190 degrees farenheit and has been in there for an hour and a half. I am goign to let it go another hour and a half and then dump it in a container and throw it in the fridge.

-edit so i put it in the freezer as the power went out due to a storm yesteday. I wasn't home all evening and the power returned freezing my mixture. I broke out the double boiler and placed the gladware container in melting it again. I threw it in the freezer again but im gonna leave it there for only an hour or a bit longer to let it cool fast, and then refrigerate.

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
supernerd said:
Hm so you're basically saying if im cooking with cannibis that I'm buying it could become very very expensive?

Not if you vap your bud.(wheres the vapor gremlin?) You vap the THC and Eat the CBD :sasmokin:

It might be CBN, i can't remember right now, and the melting points dont make any sense. :rasta:

Anyway, i save my 'duff' and will soon try this tech

Z

zoolander

hey guys i took about 1and a half pounds of bud shake from reefs grapefruit trc bluedancer kodiak gold and potent purple crock pot 2and a half pounds of butter and simmered for 14 hours and people ask if they have drugs in them sayin its the highest they have ever been these are brownies that are 2x3 inches nice :woohoo:

Snot Poker

Good job Zoolander! 24oz of trim hot damn I'll bet that kicks some arse!
14 hours of cookin sounds a bit long.
I cook 2 oz of Schwag with 1 lb of butter to make 36 cookies.
and they are just right for me. that works out to about 1 joint of thc per cookie.
I have shared them and been accused of spiking them with pcp or something...
A friend ate 1&1/2 and he was still high til 2pm the next day. he said it was way over the top, reminded him of an acid trip.
Just pure MJ done well! I cook mine about 5 hours
Snot Poker

Z

zoolander

yeah it was slow simmer and is very strong the problem is stiring every twenty mins so i went to sleep and woke up and back to work :wave:

supermanlives

Veteran
pre soaking the weed in water and changing it a few times helps the final product to taste slightly better IMHO. made 1 1\2 lbs a few days ago. last night we all had brownies .

I made some canabutter with 5 tablespoons of butter and about 6-7 grams of very very premature buds, i melted t he butter then just downed it in a shot and now i am not high and i feel terrible { 3 and ahalf hours later)
i ate it as soon as i woke up on an empty stomache

this sucks dick

Snot Poker

Very Nice SH,
How much Herb went into the mix?
Be aware that eating MJ WILL take you on a different high
than just smoking it.
GO SLOW at 1st. it takes about an hour to feel the effects.
SnotPoker

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
i'd say so. I usually get a premixed cookie pack that takes x amount of butter and water. Then you know exactally what cookie to butter ratio will mess youi up but not waste excess butter when less will still float your boat so to say