What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Punch - Coco - 3x3 - LED

Kimura

i hear this is a 7-8 week strain, so i'm pretty pumped about that. especially after seeing the nugs from the dispensary i got the cut from. motherfuckers tried charging me 50 bucks for the one clone, but their weedmaps said 30, so i got it for 30. lucky i got that and Dosidos before they marked them both up to $50 for good...

anyway!

i have 8 purple punch cuts in 1 gallon pots of coco. they've been in coco since december 26, so 10 days total today. i wanted to do a mini 3x3 grow with a small LED. i ended up going cheap with a Mars Hydro II 400 LED.

just kinda wanna fuck around and see what kind of weight i can pull with this strain in this small of a space with under 200w.

i recently found this website, which i think is very helpful!!!

https://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/Supply1.aspx?action=ViewTable&ltr=A

i'll just say, it's amazing what brands have the most heavy metals in them. roots organic, i'm lookin at you!!! mother fuckers. so, i'm trying to base my grows from here on out the least amount of, if not ZERO heavy metals altogether. at least not arsenic, lead, and mercury!!!

picture.php

Kimura

still figuring out my new nutrient lineup after learning about all the wonderful heavy metals in some of the products i was using. i switched from bud candy to Gen Hydros Floranectar "fruitnfusion" - not because i want to "make my weed smell like fruit" but because it was the only one of the floranectar "flavors" that didnt test positive for all of the heavy metals, except selenium. at least its not lead or mercury!

also, i switched from ANs sensi calmag back to my old favorite, Botanicare's CalMag Plus.

look at whats in ANs sensi calmag:

https://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=4506

and this is botanicare's calmag:

https://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=4266

i'll be using

ANs Sensi Coco Bloom
Botanicare CalMag
ANs Voodoo Juice
GH Floranectar FruitnFusion
Rhizoflora's Terpinator
ANs Big Bud
and maybe Overdrive too if i feel like buying more shit

Kimura

alrighty kids, today is day one of flower :) im fuckin EXCITED for this strain!!!

i flushed all 8 pots with week one of bloom solution:

2ml (Botanicare) CalMag
2ml Sensi Coco Bloom
2ml Voodoo Juice
5ml Floranectar FruitnFusion
10ml Terpinator

300ppm - pH 5.9 (i never actually look at pH anymore, but since i recently bought a new ph pen i figured id just check)

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
This will be an exciting grow show for sure. If you're looking for the cleanest nutrients the answer is Canna. Across the board their levels of metals are extremely low. I was suprised to find high metal levels in Botanicare CNS17 which I was using in coco. I've done a few runs with Canna Coco A+B and like the end result. Soon I'm going to be testing Green Planet GP3 three part to see how it goes. I've heard a lot of good things.

-Funk

Kimura

canna is my next nutrient brand to try once i kill these 4l bottles of sensi coco bloom. either that or i'll try out ANs connoisseur line. i really like the ph perfect stuff.

with these purple punch, should i use Terpinator or Floranectar? i feel like using both would be pointless... but i guess i could. let me know what you think. im new to terpinator, never used it before.

Kimura

day 7 and i'm seeing the stretch begin :)

i went through and cleaned up the bottom of the plants and did a little bit of low stress training on a few. also topped some. not something i usually do while in flower, but i figured fuck it, ill try it on a couple and leave one plant untouched, so i'll see how they react.

i dropped the terpinator to 5ml per gallon. the ppms were getting a bit high for my liking. right now i'm at about 300ppm total.

picture.php

picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those plants are looking healthy. I've used Terpinator but I didn't see much of a result from using it. That was back when I was in soil, so that may have had something to do with it. Now I'm in coco so I make sure I don't boost the potassium too high. Coco likes higher nitrogen and lower potassium from what I've read, and higher levels of calcium and magnesium are a must.

I've been using AN Sensi Coco Grow/Bloom and like the results a lot. 5ml/gal of each part and you're good. I still check ph and it always comes out right at 6. I see that the Connossiur line has a coco version. Is there any difference and is it worth the price compared to Sensi?

Im going to give CX Horticulture Coco A/B a try soon because like Canna, their nutrients were super low in metals. Saw that on the State of Washington website for fertilizer testing.

-Funk

Kimura

thank you very much, funkbomb!

i really like bud factor X, but they had to take it off the shelves. that stuff was clean from heavy metals too. it just had salicylic acid in it, which i'm totally fine with! it's off the shelf now, so that's why i'm using terpinator. idk what to expect. i'm sure it'll work. all of the resin increasing products i've used seem to do the trick. Rezin by Green Planet is my next in line to try for resin production. i'd like to try their entire line but im too lazy to start ph'ing stuff anymore. i know what works. its easier to stick with it.

i think connoisseur is basically sensi but with wet betty and nirvana in it. i could be wrong, but it has a lil extra sum sum in it. i'll run out of sensi coco grow first, so i'll probably upgrade to the conn and see what its all about.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
here in Oregon Purple Punch is one of my faves! I hope you got the read deal! super frosty white, purple , and green nugs! good flavor and nice indica dom effects

Congrats on the grow and keep us updated ,, SUBBED!

SGS

Hydro8

Pulling up a chair.

How do you deal with your run off ?

I saw Purple Punch clones listed at KL for $50 the other week. More then I would pay I ended up getting a Zurple Punch. I have seen a couple of Dosido clones around the area, I have been thinking about giving that one a run.

Kimura

Pulling up a chair.

How do you deal with your run off ?

I saw Purple Punch clones listed at KL for $50 the other week. More then I would pay I ended up getting a Zurple Punch. I have seen a couple of Dosido clones around the area, I have been thinking about giving that one a run.

it collects in a bucket and i dump it in another 5 gallon bucket in that flower room and let it collect. i either dump it down the toilet or dump it out back. usually the toilet.

where did you get the zurple punch clone at?

Hydro8

where did you get the zurple punch clone at?

I got it from a smaller grower, it is vegging out really nice right now

I have been getting most of my clones for gift or $10-$15. The commercial guys have been charging too much and or carrying bugs lots of the time.

Kimura

today is day 1 of week 5

smooth sailing with these ladies. i opened the tent and smelled pineapples today. like rotten grapes and pineapple... mmm mmmmm mmmmmm......

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M

_mr.hendrix__

frosty looking flowers!! awesome
just kinda wanna fuck around and see what kind of weight i can pull with this strain in this small of a space with under 200w.

:jump: awesome test!!!!