What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bible bombshell: Jesus used cannabis to perform 'miracles'?

xet

fulfill ourselves at the expense of others (narcissism)

The definition of Government.

versus fulfilling ourselves through synergies and symbiosis (altruism)

The definition of Religion. "Freedom of Religion"

Bringing me back to

James Madison,
Fourth President of the United States:

"Religion flourishes in greater purity, without then with the aid of Govt."

July 10, 1822, Letter to Edward Livingston

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
no evidence jesus existed

but they obviously used cannabis in those times

you realize that both facts are derived by the same body of evidence making your statement ironic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus#Events_generally_accepted_as_historical

most scholars do not debate the events or the man. His real relationship with the concept of God or the creation of Christianity is the current object of debate

I don't get how so many people have issue with the beliefs of others when they don't understand how others interpret the phenomenon they are biased against and don't have a depth of unbiased knowledge on the subject themselves

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

Bringing me back to

James Madison,

fwiw your words could be viewed as congruent or argumentative based on interpretation which is the very point I am making

perhaps you can speak more directly to the very concept I am speaking of unless you have another agenda

xet

fwiw your words could be viewed as congruent

You are correct. I am agreeing with you and I interpret words as symbols and the less symbols the more pure (or altruistically pointed) the meaning.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
What if I only pollinate one or two branches?

Did God still give me the rest of the plant or just the seeded parts?

Easy7

Veteran
Real religious experience is rare. It's too phony anymore. Bubblegum religion. Epic lies. Just watch some of the christian channels on free tv and theyhorseshit the feed kids. Being stupid is not being saved.

People didn't smoke much in the holy land. Perhaps at that time they did in central asia or india. Cooking fires were bad for health. Also if Jesus was a healer he'd turn wine into clean water. Clean water was unlikely and rare up to the late 1800s and 1900s when germ theory came about. Wine is not healthy to live off of.

They used lot's of oils infact. The fracencesnse and myrrh are both drugs as well. I doubt they knew how to get high from cannabis oil like we do. But they may have liked the oils. I'd really doubt modern religion will exploit that.

As the story goes, jesus denied a vinager opium tincture in a sponge on the cross. The real power came from going without and being nobody.

PDX Dopesmoker

Bringing me back to

James Madison,

James Madison was as you said, Fourth President of the United States, he was a very successful politician and so I wouldn't trust a syllable of any of the carefully crafted manipulative sanctimony that came out of him. His rotting corpse probably gives off fake methane and furthermore I can tell you from first hand experience that I'd never have gotten involved with Bokononism if it hadn't been illegal.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
As the story goes, jesus denied a vinager opium tincture in a sponge on the cross.
And other documents say it was forced on him and he passed out instantly. The only thing consistent in the documents from the era is variation in the interpretation and political bias influencing them.

Easy7

Veteran
Forcefully medicated on the cross? Did he 'die' after that?

The cross kills by suffication. Must of been fatal to be given opium like that. They tell so many stories these days and it belittles average joe so much. It doesn't teach hoe to transcend suffering. It does teach how to persacute non-believers/followers. That's about all America does.

Douglas.Curtis

The cross kills by suffication. Must of been fatal to be given opium like that. They tell so many stories these days and it belittles average joe so much. It doesn't teach hoe to transcend suffering. It does teach how to persacute non-believers/followers. That's about all America does.
Actually, the reports which concur the sponge was forced on him do say he 'died' right after. At the time, the same method was used to knock patients out for surgery. Convenient?

I've read quite a bit and there's quite a bit of conflict no matter which sources you use. I just watch from the sidelines. :tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If I was a God, and all powerful to create great miracles that benefited humanity.

1. I'd make the whole concept of going to war, killing innocent people, violent crime, man's/woman's inhumanity to other humans......totally REDUNDANT...

2. No child would grow up without good parents, or without food, water, medicine or love, and all would be educated and taught a useful trade, so that they could all find work once grown.

3. I'd make every mosquito sterlie. (the worlds biggest mass murderers).

...* what would you do if you were a God?.......and why have no God's done this already?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was a God, and all powerful to create great miracles that benefited humanity.

1. I'd make the whole concept of going to war, killing innocent people, violent crime, man's/woman's inhumanity to other humans......totally REDUNDANT...

2. No child would grow up without good parents, or without food, water, medicine or love, and all would be educated and taught a useful trade, so that they could all find work once grown.

3. I'd make every mosquito sterlie. (the worlds biggest mass murderers).

...* what would you do if you were a God?.......and why have no God's done this already?
Sorry dude...gotta take issue here with one vital point: why would you make mosquitoes at all? Haha

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I enjoyed reading this entire thread..

The one thing I gather from reading all these comments is, that with almost all people,
once they have formed an opinion or belief , it's gonna be difficult to make them believe otherwise...

U

Ununionized

If the second hand documents - the new testament - are anywhere near accurate, J.C. didn't die from suffocation, he basically died from shock; particularly, heart failure.

He wasn't just stuck up on the sticks they beat the livin fuck out of him then made him drag the cross bar ostensibly, of his cross up the hill there.

He dragged it along a little ways but he collapsed.

They picked some guy out of the crowd and had him drag the cross piece the rest of the way up.

This medical part is widely known, and fairly far past debate. Apparently it's a very common thing.

I went and looked this up - took me just a few seconds I think it's actually on the very first google return. Check it out.

(I cut some of it up cause the guy basically was saying what I said

and

there was a mile and a half of everything the author of the article said, being tracked along with (parenthesis,) and inside them multiple bible book name/chapter/verse and it made it two miles long when I was only lookin for the half mile long story, so...

-----------------
" There is evidence that Jesus experienced hypovolemic shock

as a result of being flogged.

As Jesus carried his cross to Golgotha (John 19:17),

He collapsed,

and a man named Simon was forced to either carry the cross or help Jesus carry the cross the rest of way to the hill.

This collapse indicates Jesus had low blood pressure.

Another indicator that Jesus suffered from hypovolemic shock was that

He declared He was thirsty

(John 19:28), indicating His body’s desire to replenish fluids.

Prior to death,

the sustained rapid heartbeat caused by hypovolemic shock also causes fluid to gather in the sack around the heart and around the lungs.

This gathering of fluid in the membrane around the heart

is called

pericardial effusion,

and the fluid gathering around the lungs is called

pleural effusion."

Last edited:

xet

The greatest wonder of them all being people that hate Christ today only because they hate people that are not I am.

Call it shock, call it trauma, how did we wander from healing oil and into the story of Christ's state-sponsored murder?

Douglas.Curtis

As always, it's best to get an idea of previous events by looking at as many sources of information as possible. If all your information comes from the bible, you're only looking at a tiny slice of information from the era. Just like the cannabis community information, the religious community information is full of the same types of misinformation, biases, misinterpretation and fundamental lack of awareness in many categories.

The bible is the place where you find most of the subjects. The subjects you should be looking up in all the other information available from the same time period.

Be smart, do your homework. ;)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well you gotta make something nasty to eradicate first, so as to justify your Godliness in front of the masses I presume 'cos that would 'save' them and endear them to you.

I can't think of a bigger threat in nature currently than the mosquito, it kills millions annually, mostly kids and older people. Mossie's can carry all sorts of nasty diseases that would never have made it into our blood without the mobile/deadly blood sucking, flying insects to inject it into us.

I'm new to all this God stuff, so bear with me.....trying to think outside the box here.

*....Maybe Bill Gates is a God ?, because he's trying to eradicate the little blighters.

Sorry dude...gotta take issue here with one vital point: why would you make mosquitoes at all? Haha

Douglas.Curtis

*....Maybe Bill Gates is a God ?, because he's trying to eradicate the little blighters.
LOL, my first thought was the video clip of Gates (in response to the fact vaccines his foundation pushes kill infants) saying how parents will cherish the children who live more than if they hadn't lost any kids.

Yeah, not funny but funny. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts