What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes or no on this hempy bucket setup ?

N

noyd666

How the heck do you make photos bigger anyone?

picture.php
insert image,
where it ses insert what? click on to original only.:tiphat:

Riviera123

Sending positive vibes your way

Sending positive vibes your way

Hi everyone and i hope you are all enjoying your day !

Attachments

• 5F5F7EA4-B435-4625-B346-5A322C9B8EF6.jpg
    5F5F7EA4-B435-4625-B346-5A322C9B8EF6.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 16

Riviera123

Hempy Bucket Herb Garden

Hempy Bucket Herb Garden

Hempy herb garden , light from Amazon 48 inch t5 ho 2 bulb made by ipower with stand for
$68

Attachments

• 88BD7EFF-7DA4-48CB-82F3-712090C2FB17.jpg
    88BD7EFF-7DA4-48CB-82F3-712090C2FB17.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 15

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
You do realize those plants are going to want to get about four feet tall?

Riviera123

Hmm

Hmm

Actually just trying to help people on this forum appears to be quite a ridiculously hard thing to accomplish . :woohoo:

Riviera123

Mother plants and Herb garden

Mother plants and Herb garden

I guess I’m not coming across in right way i just was showing my t5 light that i like i really wasn’t asking for an opinion . Plants grow very tall and plants can be kept very short . The plants under t5 are trimmed down now and are mama plants .Also under the t5 are herbs seem to nuetralize the odors of the mama plants . Plants like dill ,mint,basil really smell nice and are handy to have for cooking. SO it appears to be a win win as i get to view nice green plants in a room rather than a black bulky ugly tent. I do have a small flower cabinet next to t5 set up with carbon filter that also helps draw some odors out Aron the mamas . I am opting for the SOG method probably in 2 liter green bottles hempies . I tried drinking that dam diet stuff and my stomach cant take it and i cant have sugar so finding bottles is a chore. Why Green well i have been told its better than clear. But then i see all these wicking set ups in clear plastic bottles online. Anyways just plugging along and trying to learn the craft and be helpful to anyone.

N

noyd666

ah I see said the blind man, I don't use my bigger t5s anymore, 8 tubes n 4 tube, always needing more tubes , to big , so for cloning I use a few 2 tube 2 footers till there rooted.herbs looking good as the main herb is.

Riviera123

Thanks yes in have a short T5 and how do u clone if i may ask its been a real pain in the ass trying to get roots on a twig

I've always cloned with a 90% success rate just using mini foam cups with perlite and no rooting hormones or anything. Some strains take longer to root out and health of the cutting prior to being cut is very important. Avoid taking cuttings that are woody opt for fleshy green ones. Stems can get air bubbles trapped inside from the first cut so afterwards I submerge them in water and make a second cut so they suck up water. Sharing info and asking questions is how we all learned this so no reason to ever feel bad about that at all. Good luck

Riviera123

Cloning attempt with Pill Bottles update =SAD

Cloning attempt with Pill Bottles update =SAD

Very bad out come with cloning attempt in vermiculite , have only 1 that rooted so far. They look like shit see pic the empty ones are they that have died because the whole stem got soft and mushy. Maybe this isent my thing. I have a couple in a aerogarden now .

Attachments

• 36FC6EE2-423F-4ECB-8A8B-A8167C16C259.jpg
    36FC6EE2-423F-4ECB-8A8B-A8167C16C259.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 17

Riviera123

Something I Read about clones online please evaluate

Something I Read about clones online please evaluate

I am more and more interested in just reading in these forums people dont seem to respond much , i read this online and is absolutely not my statement ————
Marijuana Seeds vs Clones. ... The original plant from seed is capable of yielding more than a cloned offspring- the difference in yield only increases with time. Cannabis plants grown from seed produce a Tap Root, cloned plants simply cannot-they produce a fibrous root system only.Mar 27, 2013

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I would avoid rooting in vermiculite, it's easy to soak it too much and your clones won't root.

Give Grodan cubes on a bed of moist perlite, or just small cups with pure perlite a try.
Rooting hormones is 99% of the time a waste, unless it's hollow stem. Then a gel is good, to plug the hole.
IME most do better without, if your mother plants are healthy.

Once you get a hang of cloning, you will easy hit 90+ % by keeping it simple.

pH adjust the water to 5.5 - 5.8ish and soak your media, let it drain and use it.
Gordan cubes you give a little squish, to drain them when you get a hang of it.

Happy gardening :tiphat:

Riviera123

Can u explain the watering process of Rockwool on perlite please , i think my problem with rock wool was i did not know when to water them. Also when i put them on a heat mat they dried up fast

Riviera123

I’m assuming that the pill bottles soaked up too much water because they are much larger than the tubes on water bottle ice cube tray

justanotherbozo

Veteran
I’m assuming that the pill bottles soaked up too much water because they are much larger than the tubes on water bottle ice cube tray

...yeah, if i remember right you used a humidity dome which, if true, is probably one of the reasons your cuts didn't root, i'm guessing the reservoir temps weren't kept in the optimum 80 - 82 degrees called for for this method either.

...there are several highly effective cloning techniques out there but each has it's own specifics so what works with one technique won't necessarily work with another technique.

...so if you want to learn to clone reliably you need to pick ONE technique, learn the specifics for this technique AND you need to stick with this technique until you master it, ALL cloning techniques have a learning curve that usually involves some failure, this is the ONLY way to earn experience points.

CLONERS- a collection of various methods

peace, bozo

...btw, studying in the older threads is a much faster and more reliable way to learn this hobby than posting questions and waiting for answers.

...FreezerBoy's work is a perfect example of extremely valuable information that has mostly been lost in the fullness of time and it's a real shame.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Can u explain the watering process of Rockwool on perlite please , i think my problem with rock wool was i did not know when to water them. Also when i put them on a heat mat they dried up fast

It's quite easy, if you cover with a dome you most likely won't need to water the perlite.

I got some old pic's of, how I used to make clones in RW on moist perlite. To scale it down, you can use a plastic storage box. They are cheaper and stronger then any humidity dome, as long the lit is clear and you got light above. You don't even need a transparent one!

Add 1-1½ inch moist perlite, so the bottom of the container. You can also use hydroton, but I like perlite better.
54092SSH_seedlings_rooted.JPG

Now take your RW cubes, give them a squeese with two fingers.
And your ready to take your cuttings, either cut and place in a glass of water or straight into the RW cube. But make sure your cut area is wet and exposed to air at little time as possible.

Now stick your cutting, 2/3 into the cube, place it on top of the moist Perlite.
54092mixed_cuttings.JPG

Cover your clones with the lit, but air them out for 5-10 min every day. After 5 days, remove the lid and let them climatize.
After 10-14 days, root's will come out the bottom of the cubes.
54092mixed_cuttings_18_03.JPG

The RW cube must touch the perlite, if you use the RW cube tray. Press it onto the perlite!

About watering, just add water to the perlite if needed. But only enough to get it moist!

Happy gardening!

Latest posts

Latest posts