What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you're killing me baba'
its always worth it to bake the take home pizzas in the oven
i can just imagine you sneaking booze from your inlaws place
/that ice in the veins feeling when the bottles clink together,or worried someone will notice the bulge in the jacket
that brings back some good memories, for sure brother

NE over JAx
the D will get after brady but the pats are still going to own this one
/im expecting belichick to force bortles hand and make him throw down field; esp if NE can get off to a fast start

Min over Philly
D-fense!
i think this one is all about two of the best D's in the league
but the story i also like is the no name QB's who have a chance at playing in the big game here
(who could have imagined that it would be foles and keenum duking it out for a chance to win a ring?)

MIN v NE in the super bowl

Space Toker

Veteran
jags vs vikings in the super bowl

as some bad movie guy would say, "Yeah... RIGHT!" AND to the other statement, Brady has been on injury report for what, like 10 years straight now, or maybe 4-5 years into his career, CONSTANTLY, can you say ruse as in to confuse the opposition just maybe? HAHA some you guys are funny, Go Patriots!!!!

Americangrower

Veteran
as some bad movie guy would say, "Yeah... RIGHT!" AND to the other statement, Brady has been on injury report for what, like 10 years straight now, or maybe 4-5 years into his career, CONSTANTLY, can you say ruse as in to confuse the opposition just maybe? HAHA some you guys are funny, Go Patriots!!!!

That was before.. not this year he hasn't. Teams were warned about playing with the injury report. Theres been something wrong with his hand for over a month now. Thats why his accuracy has been way off. Hopefully it's just that and not something new. Otherwise he may have to beat them with his left hand.

Americangrower

Veteran
Oh on another point Why do I keep hearing how great the Jags defense is..did they not lose to Tenn twice and we know how they did vs the Pats. How did the pathetic 49ers do with Jimmy G and how many points did the Steelers score?

iTarzan

Jags and Eagles in the SB.

Those Steelers recievers were not even open. The coverage was tight. Big Ben dropped those passes from the sky on a perfect arc right into their hands. Brady is/was great but he can't make passes like that. I think the Jags are shutting down the Patriots.

The Patriots have been all Captain Honey Tongue talking about the Jags. It is pissing them off more than the Steelers talking smack. The Patriots don't have Big Ben, they don't have Antonio Brown and they don't have a RB anywhere near as good as Bell.

I don't think the Patriots are getting in the end zone on Sunday. Jags 20 Patriots 6.

Eagles 21 Vikings 3. Keenum is about to be in the middle of a sack filled Philly cheese steak and INTfest.

Americangrower

Veteran
Jags and Eagles in the SB.

Those Steelers recievers were not even open. The coverage was tight. Big Ben dropped those passes from the sky on a perfect arc right into their hands. Brady is/was great but he can't make passes like that. I think the Jags are shutting down the Patriots.

The Patriots have been all Captain Honey Tongue talking about the Jags. It is pissing them off more than the Steelers talking smack. The Patriots don't have Big Ben, they don't have Antonio Brown and they don't have a RB anywhere near as good as Bell.

I don't think the Patriots are getting in the end zone on Sunday. Jags 20 Patriots 6.

Eagles 21 Vikings 3. Keenum is about to be in the middle of a sack filled Philly cheese steak and INTfest.

You really think Big Ben can even carry TB jock cup..I need what your smoking. As for receiver's Brown was on 1 leg and if not for a fumble bouncing right into the linebackers hands on the run the Steelers would have won.

iTarzan

I didn't say Ben was better than Brady overall. I said Brady can't make those particular passes Ben did. There is a difference.

People are giving more credit to the receivers making those catches than to the QB that threw them. The Jags had those guys covered. The Jags D is very good.

NE and their fans have enough SB wins to be able to withstand some nobody like me predicting a Jags' win in dominate fashion.

It is just my opinion. I have been wrong many times.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It is just my opinion. I have been wrong many times.

I've been more wrong than you tarzan.
Im still going with brady over bortles, even with news that brady has a cut on his throwing hand/thumb after a bad handoff in wednesday's practice. But brady supposedly was able to throw a bit in fridays practice, looks like he'll be ok, although handling snaps and handoffs could re-aggravate the injury...

Oh on another point Why do I keep hearing how great the Jags defense is..did they not lose to Tenn twice and we know how they did vs the Pats. How did the pathetic 49ers do with Jimmy G and how many points did the Steelers score?

You make a good point, jags gave up 40+ pts to the niners and the steelers the last 3 games. Still, they did have a fumble return for a TD vs Pitt, and they have some pass rushers and def backs that are capable of big plays, linebackers are solid too. Should be interesting to see if the game ends up a shootout or a defensive struggle.

you're killing me baba'
its always worth it to bake the take home pizzas in the oven
i can just imagine you sneaking booze from your inlaws place
/that ice in the veins feeling when the bottles clink together,or worried someone will notice the bulge in the jacket
that brings back some good memories, for sure brother

I actually heated up some mini pizzas properly in the oven yesterday. Was better, still kind of sucky though. May just go with dominos today, their pizza isnt crappy anymore...
I find that wrapping glass bottles in a paper towel really keeps the clinking down, if i have the opportunity to sneak a bag of booze out. Otherwise, thank goodness for winter coats with deep inner pockets. Can slip a 1liter bottle in there with only minimal bulge visible. Sadly, a half empty bottle of liquor doesnt last me long. :cry:
Maybe i have a problem?

Nachos then beef stew for dinner!!! Go pats!! Got sour dubble for the game!

picture.php

MrBungle

I am a Belechick fan.... So I guess I sorta like the Pats...but I just don't see them getting passed the Jags...

Something tells me Tom Coughlin has something up his sleeve for the mighty mighty Pats

iTarzan

The Jags D showed up so far. That pass interference call was total bullshit or the Pats still would not be in the end zone.

That might be their last TD unless the refs keep giving them gifts. Gronk is dazed and confused.

That 1st half proved I wasn't so crazy american grower. You be worried now?

iTarzan

The Patriots are impossible to finish off. The Jags were completely out played and did a few needless stupid things. Amendola really came through too. Brady is never out of it.

Hats off to the Patriots. This dynasty just won't go away.

Space Toker

Veteran
Hate never prevails over skill, experience and grinding it out and never giving up. Haters and bigmouth arrogant opposition players are fools and it is their nature that is their own undoing. You hear it all the time before during and after games how announcers and others never respect skill and just feed off negativity. Tony Romo and many on the NFL network for instance are always cheerleaders for the opposition, they would pick a high school team over the Pats! Well, we sure showed them! We didn't dominate or mouth off, we just got things done! They always have me crazy nervous, but they know how to pull it out far more often than not! Eagles are good but we can beat or lose to anyone, if we show up to our potential I love our chances! Go Patriots!!!

Space Toker

Veteran
yeah Pats did not look great most of the first half, did not dominate many games this year from start to finish like in the past, reminds me of the first one or 2 Superbowl wins, but that proves it can be done. No FingerGate or whatever someone would want to call it would get in the way, The throwing was just fine! They keep fighting always so there is always a decent chance they will get it done. Go Patriots!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I'm not necessarily a Philadelphia Eagles fan, but it sure was amazing to see Foles wiggle out of a sack and throw this long bomb touchdown! The NFL prevents a direct link, but provides a link to watch it on YouTube.

[YOUTUBEIF]3wv6CNCAo70[/YOUTUBEIF]

OldPhart

yeah Pats did not look great most of the first half, did not dominate many games this year from start to finish like in the past, reminds me of the first one or 2 Superbowl wins, but that proves it can be done. No FingerGate or whatever someone would want to call it would get in the way, The throwing was just fine! They keep fighting always so there is always a decent chance they will get it done. Go Patriots!

nah, no finger gate... He is just having a 6th finger sewn on for the new ring.

Americangrower

Veteran
The Jags D showed up so far. That pass interference call was total bullshit or the Pats still would not be in the end zone.

That might be their last TD unless the refs keep giving them gifts. Gronk is dazed and confused.

That 1st half proved I wasn't so crazy american grower. You be worried now?

I never worry and that was a cheap Azz shot on Gronk. Absolutely a intentional head shot and then he celebrated hitting him in the head. You don't accidentally hit someone 6'8 in the head.