What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Permaclone cloning collars... Anybody used them?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are your thoughts so far about them?

I just filled my EZ-CLONER 30 w Permaclone cloning collars for just shy of a C-Note. Yeah, they're pricey but they come with a 5 year warranty so I bought 'em.

I sterilized the cloner & all related parts as well as the Permaclone collars & took a few cuttings to test these (& my cleaning skills) out.

Compared to the neoprene collars these things are HEAVY/DENSE!

They've got some good info in their blog as well.
https://www.permaclone.com/

Picarus

yikes that crazy $$$$. Ive been using rockwool cubes in the cloner and getting 100% success with good clones. I had a good rate before with the regular collars, but this way is even better. Pump runs less, so water stays cooler. Worth a try if you are experimenting.

marmarb

Picked up 60 for my ezclone 60 used twice nice heavy duty they held up won't be needed to but more for awhile

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
What are your thoughts so far about them?

I just filled my EZ-CLONER 30 w Permaclone cloning collars for just shy of a C-Note. Yeah, they're pricey but they come with a 5 year warranty so I bought 'em.

I sterilized the cloner & all related parts as well as the Permaclone collars & took a few cuttings to test these (& my cleaning skills) out.

Compared to the neoprene collars these things are HEAVY/DENSE!

They've got some good info in their blog as well.
https://www.permaclone.com/

curious how they do for you. I've seen a few pics on IG . Pretty trick. It would be cool to sterilize those those things. Filling up a big ez-clone would be steep.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I think the way to go is just to buy new collars every time. EZ clone ones are relatively inexpensive at like $.50 per piece. It really is the best insurance method for aeroponic cloning machines.

Cheers

TpM

RB56

Veteran
I've been using a Turbo Klone 24 for several years. When I'm done with a run, I pour a 32 ounce bottle of H2O2 into the cloner and let it run for a day or two. Then I remove the collars and push them into the H2O2 solution and let them sit for another day. I take the collars one by one, pull the collar open to allow the H2O2 to reach the inner surfaces of the split. Rinse them off and hang them on a thin string to dry. Thoroughly rinse and dry the rest of the parts. Still haven't needed to replace a single collar. Never had a problem.