What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

high temps AeroCloner!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
shoot my rez temps are at 92 degrees in my new aerocloner and ambient temps have been getting up to 92 as well. What can I do?? I was considering some frozen gallon jugs of water swap out daily? anyone try this?

StardustCousin

I use frozen bottles a lot. Works great. You don't want to go too cold though. I get best results running a sterile mix at about 78-80 degrees until beards start forming, then 68-72 if not transplanting right away. Best to get them out and home ASAP after rooting but you can keep them into veg a bit.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Put your cloner in a tub large enough tub. Fill the tub with water to the water level in your cloner.

Put your frozen water bottles in the larger tub. Keeps everything in your cloner nice and clean.

Douglas

If you can rig up a small computer fan to blow on the surface of the water in your cloner the evaporative cooling will help a lot. Just gotta keep refilling

LostTribe

Premium user
yeah put more tap water in and saved my dead SFV OG mom cut and Headband plus this crazy crystal cookies. I tried a couple cuts like airborne g13 without clonex but should have used clonex I think might re dip or re try. The saved ones have super crazy white hairy roots everywhere in about a week. The g13 is about a week in right now still waiting.....this rig is TIGHT last time wasn't using enough water in the tub. gotta keep it full! Thanks a lot y'all!

clown baby

bleach or h202 can be used to control pythium/root rot problems. it's worth a google. fatman is has some good threads on it.

I make a stock 1:5 dilution of 1 part 8.25% unscented bleach to 4 parts water, and add 1mL of that stock per gallon of reservoir water. That's controlled "the slime" in my experience. I add it every time I change the water, or once a week, whichever comes first. You can probably get away with adding it every 3-4 days.

Lyfespan

yeah put more tap water in and saved my dead SFV OG mom cut and Headband plus this crazy crystal cookies. I tried a couple cuts like airborne g13 without clonex but should have used clonex I think might re dip or re try. The saved ones have super crazy white hairy roots everywhere in about a week. The g13 is about a week in right now still waiting.....this rig is TIGHT last time wasn't using enough water in the tub. gotta keep it full! Thanks a lot y'all!

get the pump out oof the rez and you can drop the temps by 10 degrees, and a chiller inline and youll never have issues till winter

A

AVOH

I have great sucess using a minute timer with it on for 1 minute then off for 15 minutes
I get full on roots in 10 days like clock work
The on/off with this time frame doesnt allow the pump to heat up
Plus the cuttings that have been misted retain the water around the cut long enough not to dry them out and die

I use this year around even if its super hot out