What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

Siskiyou

Veteran
I hear tales of dried bud shots of the LC?

Maybe you think it's a bit early for that? I don't :D

Right, you are. I thought maybe I could weasel out of that one since I wasn't that happy with the photo I took when trimming.
picture.php

But since you mentioned it, I pulled a few nugs out of a jar and tried again. I don't like the exposure on this either.
picture.php

The digital scope shows a very similar look to last run with LC, which is interesting since this run has increased aroma and flavor and is noticeably stickier.
picture.php
picture.php

Siskiyou

Veteran
Black Triangle seedlings 12 days after beginning soak
picture.php
picture.php

Sunshine Daydream flower day 60 trichome check
picture.php

ISM2

How long do you keep the seedlings in the small containers?
Also, do you top them, and if so, at what node?

Siskiyou

Veteran
Now you're in the spirit of Christmas! :D

You noticed!

The SD sure is purdy. So frosty.

I want to have her around forever. I love this strain and I haven't even tasted it yet. Picking a keeper will be very difficult I fear. 1, 2 & 3 all have variations on a potent but familiar Blueberry aroma, but 4 smells quite different. Buttery, even? Something slightly sour and something else. 1 is the most vigorous, 2 is the frostiest, 3 is the weirdest and quite frosty, too. 4 is stout, strong and has that very special aroma. What will I do? What a wonderful dilemma.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Looking around, lots of folks are getting/wanting the 'butter' genotype ;) #4 is the kind of big girl I like.

Siskiyou

Veteran
How long do you keep the seedlings in the small containers?
Also, do you top them, and if so, at what node?

Those BT seedlings aren't ready yet. They will get a small top-dressing of EWC watered in with a mild ACT in a day or two. I expect to transplant them next week. Usually my seedlings get transplanted into 1 gallon containers of full-strength living soil as soon as I see they are well-established, showing a root hair or two poking out the bottom holes of the container, or on their 3rd set of true leaves or so. If they are rootbound at all or if they have begun to show nutrient deficiencies I feel i have waited a bit too long.

I don't top seed plants, but I usually do top clones. No set number on what node to top, but I usually do it when I transplant into 1 gallon containers. If you are going for lots of tops, start early. One early pinch and a bit of LST can create many tops, too.

HatchBrew

Veteran
Beautiful grow! Just played a little catch-up on your thread... Sunshine Daydream is making my list of things to grow.

Thanks Bud!!!

Siskiyou

Veteran
Both SD1 & SD2 came down on day 61. SD1 was noticeably lighter in color (more faded), but both showed almost all milky trichomes and very few unripe hairs.

SD1

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

SD2

picture.php
picture.php

Those bamboo stakes are four-footers, the containers are 3 gallons each.