What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MOBY DICK?

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Forget what I said earlier about her being a light feeder, that was my experience in veg, and my neighbors experience in flower, but now that I'm flowering my cuts, she can take a LOT without getting burned. She needs a lot too. You give her the regular dose, and she'll want more.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
sorry to hear about drying issues... but K+++ on the pics looks awesome... hows it smoke?

Smoke is finally beginning to have an 'edge' or slight 'thickness' upon exhale. Effects are strong. Brutal indica hit followed by long lasting dazy high.
There is no doubt it has gotten stronger in the last 3 weeks during the cure.

RH is currently 45% in the big jar. Recovering a bit but still not enough.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I'll take some pics in the next few days. Things are coming along great. On week 5 or 6 right now, I forget, but I plan on taking at least one to 10 weeks, the others probably 8.5 or 9. I just started giving them Green Sensation from Plagron and I can't recommend it enough. After this, I'm getting all Plagron products.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I'll take some pics in the next few days. Things are coming along great. On week 5 or 6 right now, I forget, but I plan on taking at least one to 10 weeks, the others probably 8.5 or 9. I just started giving them Green Sensation from Plagron and I can't recommend it enough. After this, I'm getting all Plagron products.

How did it all end up?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad i found this thread . great bud shots & smoke reports guys :tiphat:

I just picked this cut up from a fellow grower here along with 4 others . do to an unexpected male population they had to get put into flower a little sooner than i would have liked .... but it is what it is . I'm going to try & grab clones off the MD & other 4 before they get to far into flower ... hopefully before they start to bud .
but if not i'll reveg them & decide if they're keepers after the smoke session with each .

but enough babbling ... here she is in flower for 5 days . oh yeah .... shes in a 2 gallon pot of canna coco

DSCF0465_zps6f59b246.jpg

DSCF0468_zpseec742e5.jpg

Moby is the back middle plant .... smallest of the 3 other new cuts on her right .

DSCF0462_zps152f231e.jpg

Thanx guys .... now i'm really looking forward to seeing what she can do !!!

sativa92

"You may not vote on any more threads today."

awesome thread!! I wish i could give out more karma but it wont let me!!
Moby dick is such a phallical name.. but after seeing those pics i can see why they named it that

iron justice

great thread, love the moby dick myself...

PS i thought jack herer was the original silver haze, then renamed JH after the famous activist... and i find it hard to believe they used these free local cuts when its common knowledge that they got all their original seeds from shanti, so using these cuts when they have access to black widow just seems a bit far fetched imho...

just smoking the auto version and it matches the discriptions of the regular versions pretty well in all aspects, one of the better autos i have smoked and strong as hell.

iron justice

great thread, love the moby dick myself...

PS i thought jack herer was the original silver haze, then renamed JH after the famous activist... and i find it hard to believe they used these free local cuts when its common knowledge that they got all their original seeds from shanti, so using these cuts when they have access to black widow just seems a bit far fetched imho...

just smoking the auto version and it matches the discriptions of the regular versions pretty well in all aspects, one of the better autos i have smoked and strong as hell.

was meant to say 'most' rather than all the original stock..

Folklore

Grew Dinafem's Moby Dick last season alongside their Critical Jack. The Moby was v dissapointing, fuck all yield and an average stone and taste. From a 5pack all plants grew the same, weak indica dom pheno. Cant understand why Dinafem bill this as their highest yielder; Critical Jack out yielded it roughly by 50%, grown under the same conditions, and it was a far better smoke.

Laters, Folklore

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I have grown moby dick from greenhouse and it kicked ass. Really strong weed and made nice size buds. The best part for me is that the one I had looked , smelled and tatsed like the old school Williams wonder I used to grow bout 10-15 yrs ago.

sativa92

Hey guys.. I just pulled in my last moby's I will say the the sativa dom pheno 8-10 ft outdoors. Is light and fluffy.. but the others are fat tight and heavy.. strong lemon menthol smell.. will do smoke report when cured.. I do believe these are shantis genetics.. one pheno that was widow dom definitely looked like the pics ive seen on shantis site.. peace

sativa92

Dansbuds.. Would have loved to seen how those girls turned out..

Anyone saying anything bad about moby dick did not grow it properly or something. The only thing i could complain about was the taste, it was really heavy smoke, but everything else made up for it.

Laavamara

Grew some before in hydro had an insane yield from one pheno and decent from another. Taste was citric/grapefruit bubblegum mixed with some haze incense. Delicious.
Running it now again since I miss the effect.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
well she is actually jyd haze x white widow. she has that common lemons smell found in some hazes/jacks. and tastes very similar to smell. large stretch but not the worst. and high yield although not the highest. favorite attribute is that extracts made from hold there flavor exactly like flower only amplified. least favorite attribute is nanners.

sativa92

Harry 74.. I agree it has a nice get up and do something buzz for bout an hour, but then it drops like a hammer...

green diamond.. Looking good.. cant wait to see what she does..

Roosta phish. You sure that's Moby dick 2? I thought for the 2 they used jyd? I could be wrong though memory isn't what it used to be.

Latest posts

Latest posts