What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor 2018_spot 1

paisajedehierba

Hi there,
I am at 49 N. Here are some facts on spot 1:

1. Thriving feminized ACE-varieties are Malawi x Panama (MP), Bangi Congo x Panama (BP), Early Bubbahash (EB), Auto Malawi x NL (AMxNL) ...one plant each.

2.Thriving own crosses: First is (Purple Haze x Malawi) x Kali China (PHM x KC) ... five individuals, second is Purple Mazar x Aurora Indica F2 (PA)... one female selected for autoflowering properties and third is Muay Thai x Aurora Indica F2 (MTxAI) ... also one female selected for autoflowering properties

3. All were germinated indoor mid April and transplanted outdoor early May.

4. Poor sandy soil improved with with a bit chicken dung while transplanting

5. The weather conditions are exceptionally dry and warm/hot.

The dry weather conditions are forcing me to frequent the spot weekly one or two times.

pics: Bangi Congo x Panama, Malawi x Panama, Auto MxNL

Your opinions and advices are welcome:)

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

Thank you Bona Fortuna. Wednesday I took the pics and the flowers were healthy. I don´t know how they look now. I fear mold because of the dense bud structure. Thursday and Friday the rain was pouring down. This was the first rain since many weeks. Up to date I´m unfamiliar with the mold resistance of NL-crosses. Let´s see... .

paisajedehierba

Spot 2

Spot 2

I decided to integrate spot 2 in this thread. There are 4 plants containing ACE seeds genetics.

Plant 1 of 4 is Kali China. 2,3 and 4 are F2 offspring of my one cross between Golden Tiger and Muay Thai (Flash Seeds super automatic). This cross I call "Tiger Thai" (TT). The 3 TT F2 are selected for autoflowering properties. One male is for sure 100% auto. The buds of the two females are not as explosiv developing as the those of the male. It´s possible that they´re only semi autoflowering. Let´s see what time and the shortening of the days will cause.
KC and TT seem to suffer because of the poor soil and the mostly dry and hot weather-conditions this spring and sommer. They´re thriving slow and have a pale look. I hope there is only lack of N.

By way of comparision ... The cross between Muay Thai and Aurora Indica (F3) shows great hybrid vigor (Spot 2b). The plants on the last pic are already 2 and 2,4 m high and flowers are devolping well automatically. The leaves are dark green. I Know those plants can reach heights up to 4m. Real bushes:biggrin:.

The vigor of KC and TT is different. Nevertheless I hope both will give me seeds and buds when harvest time comes.

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

auto Malawi x NL harvested

auto Malawi x NL harvested

Yesterday I harvested auto Malawi x NL. The rainfalls last week didn´t caused mold. She reached a height round about 80 cm in 84 day from seed. The buds are rock hard. First flowers were shown at day 23. So flowering took 8 weeks and 5 days. The smell is something fruity, sweet and a little minty. I believe it´s an indica dominant pheno (?) so that I expect relaxing vibes smoking her in a view weeks. I´m curious what kind of effect will be added from the old killer malawi genes.

First pic: bottom middle auto MxNL just before harvest. Next plant to the right is early bubba hash. The highest plant (right side) is Bangi Congo x Pananma. On the left sid thrives Purple mazar x Aurora Indica auto.

Second pic: MxNL lying

third pic: lower buds

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bienvenido paisajedehierba :)

Thanks for sharing the progresses of your 2 guerrilla gardens with us and for choosing ACE genetics for your grows.

Most of the ACE strains you are growing (Bangi Congo x Panama, Early Bubba Hash, Malawi x Panama, Golden Tiger, etc ...) perform well with very hot temps ... only Kali China prefers milder temps, but mainly for the flowering stage.

I like a lot your idea of crossing Golden Tiger with an Auto Thai sativa strain to try to produce an even more thai influenced sativa autoflowering line ;) Excellent project.

Best wishes and please keep us updated!

paisajedehierba

Hola Dubi,
thanks for your interst in my two guerillia gardens. You are right. Some plants are seemingly hungry and not that stressed from heat. One week after feeding KC and TigerxThai the second time with chicken dung they´re recovering. It appears more green in the leaves and grow speed increases a little bit (1 cm the day).

paisajedehierba

(Purple Haze x Malawai) x Kali China (PHM x KC) Spot 1

(Purple Haze x Malawai) x Kali China (PHM x KC) Spot 1

There are 5 plants of this cross. They are perhaps the less hungry plants at spot 1. The heigth varies between 1,5m and 1,7m at the moment. They are showing preflowers. My estimation about their sex you will find in the filename of the pics. Regarding the stems there are 3 different phenos.
1. deep purple vertical stripes along the stem
2. semi purple vertical stripes along the stem
3. +/- green stem
Let´s see if there is a positive correlation between the colouring of stem and flower.

Last year I had two Ladies of this F1. One flowered green and one purple. They finished flowering first Nov. and handled well frosty temps in late flowering (-1°C, two sequenced nights).

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

addition spot 2

addition spot 2

Early Bubba Hash, Bangi Congo x Panama and Malawi x Panama have ... since mid June preflowering

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

Spot 2_this evening

Spot 2_this evening

The weather is hot and dry since very long time. Some plants let the leaves hang down only two day´s without watering. I usually water between 0,75 - 1,0 liters per plant two times every week. Since many years this was enough to make all the baby developing well. But now I´m not sure if all plants will survive. I will not be around 2 weeks in August.

Muay Thai x Golden Tiger (TT, two plants F2) handles the drought ok. TT 1 grow´s a little bit faster (height 1,3 m) than TT 2 (1,1 m) but more sensible. TT 2 is the tougher one. The development of the flowers is still not that fast on both plants. The Muay Thai mother´s flowering time was 130 days (+50 days from seed to first flowers) ... I expect Golden Tiger will shorten the flowering time of this cross (perhaps ten or fifteen days). Looked at that way there are left round about 60-65 days of flowering (TT´s flowering has begun 05. June). I hope for something like a next phase of flowering, where the flowers will fill in.

Kali China (KC) has reached a height of 1,5 m and all the baby branches have begun to stretch a little bit. Perhaps there will be not only a columnar plant when flowering takes place. All in all KC don´t handles well the drought. I have begun to water her more then the other plants. But she´s not happy.

The cross between Muay Thai and Aurora Indica (MTxAI, two plants F3) is the most virgorous up to date (height 2,3m and 2,6m). I think their roots have grown deeper into the ground, where more humidity is left.

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

Spot 1 the day before yersterday

Spot 1 the day before yersterday

Hi there,
here´re some impressions.

Early Bubba (EB) Hash begins to flower (since last weekend).

Bangi Congo x Panama (BCxPA) is the tallest ladie in town. Height 2m. Good branching.

(Purple Haze x Malawi) x Kali China (PHMxKC) thrives well. Good branching. Heigth 1,5-1,7 m. The tallest girl was damaged perhaps by a young deer...it was not that delicious ... the others were left without damage.
Malawi x Panama (MAxPA) is healthy. Branching is increasing. Height. 1,7 m.
Muay Thai x Aurora Indica (MT x AI, F2) thrives with two shots. The flowers are beginning to fill in.

The plants on Spot1 are lot more happy than those on spot 2 and are dancing in the heat wave (36°C) :dance013:

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

Spot 1 the day before yersterday_more pics

Spot 1 the day before yersterday_more pics

... MTxAI (F2) ... PHMxKC

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba,

1 liter of water per plant twice a week is very little water for plants of these sizes.
I would recommend you to water with at least 8-10 liter per plant twice a week, they will grow much bigger, greener and healthier and will develop stronger side branching. Also, if your native soil is sandy then its ph is probably not correct and lacks of nutrients, so liquid feedings in correct ph will help a lot your plants.

Make sure you water them a lot before your 2 week absence from the gardens.

Best wishes and enjoy summer time! :)

paisajedehierba

watering_feeding

watering_feeding

Hola Dubi,
thanks for your appreciated advice :). Sadly I´m not able to manage that amount of water. I have increased watering to 5 liter per plant every week the last two weeks. Small automatics a bit less, big plants a bit more. I use organic (black) liquid fertilizer (N-P-K 3-2-6) in addition to the chicken dung in the soil. This product is styled for growing tomatoes in pots or raised beds. The description recommends one feeding every 8-10 days. Perhaps I should increase the feeding in growing stage. I use less feeding for MA x PA and PHM x KC (ACE-Catalog recommends for MAxPA and PHM "niveles de nutrientes suaves-moderados"). Do you think they would tolerate more feeding dispite the small amount of water? EB and the large super automatics receive more liquid fertilizer.

For future guerilla grows I have to reduce the number of plants to feed them well. All in all there are 20 plants at the moment. It´s noticeable carrying that much water through the ways in the forest. I use the bike or leave the car behind and walk carrying all in a big trekking rucksack. 25 l is the limit. Nevertheless I will water them a lot before holiday. I have to go several times.

paisajedehierba

I think the conditions of a guerilla grow are forcing the plants to show how tough they are. They will not develop the best. It´s more a fight than wellness. Therefore the guerilla gardener has to select only varieties that are tough enough. He has to renounce the highest yield possible. I trust in ACE-genetics. Por ejemplo ... Last year I yielded 120g from a 2,6 m high deep purple flowering PCK-Kali China plant. That´s not high end amount. But the quality is really high end. I fear, this years harvest will be between 1/2 and 1 kg. This would be ten times more I need for my own purposes. To sell it is no option for me.

paisajedehierba

Cuttings

Cuttings

I´m curious if cuttings outdoors will ripen more quickly than plants from seed. Some threads here on icmag are pointing out this for indoor grows. For this reason I took cuttings from BC x PA and MA x PA. Yesterday I transplanted them to spot 2. According to ACE-Seeds catalog MA x PA will finish end of October or early November, BC x PA mid October. In my latitude I expect them to finish one or two weeks later. So it is not sure that they will finish in my garden before the first frosts. Let´s have look if the cuttings perform a bit faster!

Last edited: