What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Iranian Auto Flower x Freezeland

Green Squall

Hey folks! Just wanted your thoughts on my plants since this is the first time I've tried auto's. Frankly, I thought they would be bigger by now. I'd say its been about a month since germination at this point. They are about 6-7 inches tall, healthy and smelling great. One thing I should mention is that I did break the rules and transplant them from a 12 oz cup into these final pots. Soil is Coast of Maine Potting Soil and Lobster Compost, along with Espoma Garden Tone. Also used Mykos.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

clearheaded

no thats good autos u want to get in the biggest pot ASAP.
1. if rootbound may start to flower little early
2. they are on a timer so longer u have in a small cup less time they have to get big roots and less time to grow fast before flowering! so best to get them going in as big of a container as possible. makes it harder to water and or add fert but with autos thats teh name of the game.

interested to see how that turns out :) sounds like should be a good northern outdoor plant :) . hybrids from hell or who made that cross? iranian auto interested me back in teh day but havent heard a whole lot about it since. just heard it bigger then "lowryder" ruderalis lines and started off more potent.

oh and lobster compost sounds friggin dedly man!! get shrimp compost here but its watered down.. chitinase and chitin are great kick in SAR(ie stronger growth potential extra potency and of course being stronger keeps bugs and infection away) and keep bugs with shells from wanting to set up shop :)

Green Squall

Thanks for the reply. They seemed to have tolerated the transplant well. I'm already seeing healthy roots pop out of the bottom. Next time I'm going to use one pot, start to finish. Maybe put a small cup filled with seedling soil in the center, in case the soil is too hot in the first couple weeks.

I got these seeds from Bush Brothers in Canada (I'm in the States.) Very affordable and generous with the amount they give you. These were freebies and I got 20 seeds!

Yes, the lobster compost is beautiful stuff. can't say enough good things about Coast of Maine Soils. Here's the store locator if you want to check it out.

https://coastofmaine.com/find-a-local-garden-center/

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good! Ideally start them in finished sized pot. Roots don't like being cramped nor wrestled about.

Green Squall

updatteess?!

Infested with caterpillars so I chopped them down in a fit of rage. I don't regret it either. Instead of dealing with compromised plants and going above the plant limit, I started a new grow indoors. Sorry to say I'm just not cut out for outdoor growing.