What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3+lbs per 1000 watts? 1.6g per watt. Anyone?

WFAMFARMS

Nice work, it seems as your genetics were probably the biggest factor in your awesome yields, but you nutrition must be been on point as well.

acespicoli

It's definitely doable

3+lbs per 1000 watts? 1.6g per watt. Anyone?​

What strain? Veg time? Flower time? Final dry weight ? (Whats the best producing light)
Really like the g/w per cycle ? Or g/w/days
What are you all getting meter squared? There is definately many variables

chiesesganja

Gotta agree with maimunji. Proper NPK ranges alone don't equal big yields. There's many factors that contribute- genetics, light intensity, Temp, RH, EC, CO2..

Many here will have a hard time believing your numbers if you're attributing it all to something as simple as that.

Any finished bud pics?
Haha I don’t care how much gram they have . Yes show me the finished bud plz!!

Hiddenjems

More veg = more yield respectably regarding wattage. But it also drives down profits. Veg is the most costly as it's 18 hours verses 12 hours. Might not matter much in a black market, but it's there in the details. Legal cannabis will evaluate the cost details mich more.

Think, 45 day strains like m39 get 8 harvests a year with SOG. A long vegging methhod of growing gets about 3 or 4 harvest a year, maybe five depending on the flowering time.

Lot's of things matter and I'd look at the bottom dollar, quality, yearly harvest totals and all that. If ya only get three harvests a year, what's a mildly larger harvest?
A lot of people use incorrect metrics. If your yield metric doesn’t include a time variable, it’s useless.

3lbs out of a 4x4 footprint sounds awesome, until you hear it takes 6 months. 1.5lbs every 8 weeks is actually a much larger yield.

Ca++

What are we talking. 1000w@1.7umol/w. A 1700umol/second light. Run that all 60 seconds of a minute, all 60 minutes of the hour, for 12 hours a day. That's 1000x1.7x60x60x12= 73,440,000umol or 73,44 mole/d

Put that in a 1.4x1.4 tent. That is a floor of 2 meters, giving 36.72mol/meter.
I was reversing out of a bugbee paper, when I ran over a few numbers.
His P level trials were just shy of 40mole/d (900umol) for about 9.5 weeks.
This gave them 650g a meter, at 0.25g per mole they said.
This 0.25g per mole is reasonable.
If we want to do that with our 73.44 moles per day light, at Bugbee's 18.5g per day growth rate, it might take more than 9.5 weeks.
3lbs is 28.35x16x3=1.36kg
1.36kg growing at 18.5g a day, is about 10.5 weeks. He got 90% of the way there, but wasn't trying.

Bugbee bid the typical 650g per meter, of a higher yielding strain. Taking about 9 weeks, with nearly 1000umol. 0.25g per mole. That is a figure I can remember and associate with.

0.25g per mole of photons.

It's still not 3lb's per light though :)

Last edited:

Ca++

If you have 9 weeks, and want 3lb off a 1000, you want 0.294g per mole.

600w mars in a 1.2 ?
600x2.5umol/w gives us 1500umol/s or about 1000ppfd (as it's based on a meter, and we have 1.5 meters(1.2x1.2=1.44)). 1000ppfd is 43mole a day. That's quite a DLI to keep up with, but we can do it ;)
Lets go full commercial, 7 week batch rotation. 65moles going in a day. 3050moles total. We want 900g total or 600g a meter to give a scalable result. Equivalent to 3lb's under a 1000 for 9 weeks.

I think for commercial repeatability you would use a 1.4 tent. Then with the 750umol, a 450g per meter yield, in 7 weeks, is coming into focus. A pound per light analogue, that's achievable, without a terrible looking product.

I would rather shoot for the 600g a meter, as the smoke from a 43dli room is more promising.

Actually, I have some 47 day pics here..
20230706_221400.jpg

That should be done, but a water supply change had my cuts dive, and just this runt went in as I like the taste. The frame is 18x38, and the nets 100mm squares. It won't do 3g/mole.

This next one is listed 49-56 days
20230706_204951.jpg

It has the same spacing. It's probably the 3lb off a 1000 in 9 weeks standard. It has 650umol so needs to do 40g. Who knows.

I knelt looking down at a bottom bud, catching some light through gaps in the canapy. We spent some time together, as I smoked a relative. It was just a little tiny thing, but offers a closer look at the strain above.
20230706_220936.jpg

It's no bigger than your thumb, and there is nothing below it, but the floor. It will certainly work.