What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RVK fan very slow

BigPete

So I bought another fan and it sucks the tent walls right in so my assumption was right the RVK is knackered. But before I throw it can it be fixed?, I notice it has a capacitor attached to it would replacing that make any difference?

EastCoast710

if your tent walls are being sucked in. you dont have enough intake.. causing your fan to slow down because of this.. causing stress and extra wear on that motor..

BigPete

I have sinse opened up the inlet port and I've got a nice airflow through the tent where as before I had very little airflow. The old knackered fan spins quite freely when I spin it by hand but it just doesn't get up to full speed plugged in. I feel sure that the capacitor has something to do with it. Does anyone know where I can get one in the UK?

BigPete

Well I managed to get a replacement capacitor and the fan now goes at full speed. Just to let you all know...

Latest posts

Latest posts