What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need a temporary quick fix for odor control without carbon filter

D

DunnDunn

Anyone have an idea to control smell without using a carbon scrubber? I'm on my last grow, its near harvest time and smells bad outside. Would a dryer sheet around my air cooled hood be good enough to keep the smell down?

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
Ono with a fan on it,if you can find an old rainbow vacume it's a great scrubber just add water and bleach , the have eucliptus oil you can put in it also that's awesome !good luck, try cl for the rainbow

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I was going to say Ona Gel as well around your intake and exhaust. Also, you could consistently cook bacon and clean you floors and counter tops with lemon pledge or pinesol, both are fragrant cleaners.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Cook fish and bacon with coffee lol

If you use Ona gel keep it out of your room, your buds will pick up the flavor and it sucks.

The cheapest fix is going to be Ona gel. Get a five gallon pail of the stuff if the smell is that bad.

Good luck!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Homeless dudes, lots of homeless dudes.

I cross over an area of a homeless camp under the expressway,
maybe 15-20 dudes and I get a good whiff, smell will cover
anything you grow.

Homeless dudes I say, lots of homeless dudes.

Mr. Miyagi

Ona works wonders... or those timed misters... but if it smells that strong you need to hurry up and get that carbon filter.

One can easily be made as well...

HarvestMoon303

Just get the carbon filter.

About half of the threads on ICmag are "Well I know that the right way is X, but I am going to do Y, so what should I do?"

X, you should do X.

In this case, X is a carbon filter or ozone gen with a duct fan.

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
Magic trees,ona gel,incense sticks,etc. where the air is exhausted..not in the grow room.Many years ago,the first time I grew the uk cheese clone,I had a big problem with smell even with a carbon filter.I stupidly hung around 20 magic trees around the filter and it tainted the herb.Cooking smells can help,but at the end of the day,trying to cover up one pungent smell with another is a long and dedicated game and doesn't really work.I'm with the above poster,just get a carbon filter,nowadays they're so cheap it isn't worth the risk of not using one.

Have you got an old CF laying about?If so you can tape up the half of it which is closest to the open end because that is where the carbon will have been 'used' as they only really draw air in at that end (nearest the point of suction)...the half near the 'closed' end will barely have been touched..I promise you it works and will get you out of a fix for sure.