What's new

pain killer ~

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
A new cannabis-based medicine is bringing hope to thousands of arthritis sufferers desperate for an end to their agony. People living with the crippling condition could be helped by a mouth spray called Sativex, which cut pain and improved sleep in a trial of 58 patients.The second treatment, a cocktail of two drugs called Enbrel and methotrexate, is already licensed and should be available within months. Sativex was designed to help multiple sclerosis patients and it will have to pass another trial and gain official approval before it can be made available to arthritis sufferers. Drug company GW Pharmaceuticals, which carried out the trial, is the only company to legally develop and produce cannabis-derived treatments. It grows about 40,000 cannabis plants a year at a secret site in the English countryside.

Enbrel and Methyltrexate are both available in the USA now. They both have side effects. The spray by GW Pharma. has been in testing for almost 2 years. I'm glad to hear that they are testing arthritis patients as well as those suffering form MS. Let the testing end and the healing begin.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
methotrexate is awfull. I was on it for 3 years. I really can't understand how a drug with that bad of side effects can and should be legal. What really pisses me off about 98% of rheaumatologists, is the fact that they throw these drugs at you but don't even want to hear about using a natural drug such as MJ.

Here's an insetr for methotrexate
http://www.tirgan.com/methot.htm

Yeah Mon......

Yeah Mon......

......sad is right. How can they treat others like crap cuz they want an end to there suffering?? I wish they could take a pill to see how the folks in chronic pain feel. HAA you would see many changing they're tune real quick.:rolleyes:

billy blim

methotrexate

methotrexate

I was given methotrexate and prednisilone by my doc but was taken of it after about 3 years because it was starting to affect my liver. I am now on azothioprine and steroids. This combination is a little better but not much(less side effects and easier to cope with. Methotrexate is bad news.
I want to find a good strain to grow what will give pain relief and help me sleep

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
billy.... get bog's lifesaver for pain and thseeds kal x for sleep induction. also, if you can find chemo, it's very nice for pain relief ~

billy blim

Thanks Zeppelindood
I will try Seedsdirect for the strains you recomend in the near future.
Ihave just got some new seed so it will have to wait for a while.

hyperseth

"Drug company GW Pharmaceuticals, which carried out the trial, is the only company to legally develop and produce cannabis-derived treatments. It grows about 40,000 cannabis plants a year at a secret site in the English countryside."

40,000 plants a year?

lol

you can tell that they aren't planning on making any big sales this year.
i'll start taking these kids seriously when they're growing millions of plants.

small-timers must be running gwpharm.

Latest posts

Latest posts