What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Sour Diesel among: Loud Seeds/Dr.GreenThumb/Rez/Connoisseur Genetics ?

Linux

Hi, hope everyone enjoying their thanksgiving week.

So I'm really tired & puzzled with no set conclusion after spending hours and hours (2 days worth) researching about which ECSD I should get. Please don't mention about soma's NYCD which I tired and its good bud but ecsd/sd is the winner for me, love that fat light airy popcorn fluffy stinky gas loud nugs it offers.

Don't know which one to get, anyone has grow journals/experience for these:
Loud Seeds - has fem seeds from AJ's cut.
The Cali Connection - states that they have the Original Sour Diesel
Connoisseur Genetics - ECSD (read grow reviews that their SSSDH is nice)
Dr.GreenThumb - ECSD S1 (read good things about it)
Rez - Chemdawg sour diesel IBL / Rez SSSDH S1

Thinking to get Rez ChemSD IBL and Rez SSSDH S1 but read many positive and negativity. But does seedboutique offers Rez's legit strains/work? Any of Rez's Sour D v3, SD IBL or any of his stable strains at seedbay?

My 2nd option would be Dr.GreenThumb - ECSD S1 or Connoisseur Genetics - ECSD and SSDH.

Out of the six list which one am I better off getting that has that loud gas fluffy origins of sour diesel? Or anyone know better ECSD strains at seedbay?

Seems like I have to go the hard way and get them all to find out which has the best stable ECSD among the rest. (Which I don't mind but trying to avoid)

Any input would be highly appreciated :woohoo:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't grown any of those seeds but IMO, you'd prob get the best results from...
#1-CSG
#2-LoudSeeds
#3- REZ (old stock @ the Bou)

I avoid DrGT & CC due to personal choice.

Edit:
If you order from the Bou,
Request Rez freebies.
I've received 2 each of SSSDH IX-1 & Chemdog Sour Diesel w my last 3 orders.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I ran the CC SD. Not sour at all. Round rock hard buds, with out much smell at all. CSG only has ECSD x's no s1's. I have a buddy that raves about all the nice Sour plants that he's found from Rez(also reads snitch) work. No experience with the other two.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without getting into the personalities behind the seeds...LOL...

Your best bet for something legit SOUR in the profile, would be Rez.

The CSG SSSDH originates from Rez stock, which is common knowledge. But that being said, the pheno of SSSDH that OJD isolated is truly some EPIC smoke. It's more hazy in the flavor and not exactly a direct SOUR type profile.

ECSD x Sour Dubb - don't know if that one was made but with the slew of recent fem releases by Cannarado Genetics, it's possible.

I honestly prefer the effects / high / flavor profile of Sour Dubb over that of ECSD.

dank.Frank

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Rez did it best, no one has been able to work the chems and ECSD like he did. The guy had his issues but he left some legacy strains behind.

Linux

Is there anyone who saved Rez's sour work and willing to give it away for compensation (any of his stable popular sour work)? What about riri's cut I'm reading about I keep seeing people talking about these particular cuts and clones but not available to get in any form.

dank.frank and HidingInTheHaze if you guys had a task to grow some nice sours or something that is close to legit sours where would you get the seeds/clone from?

is it worth getting plenty of Rez's work from seedboutique and pick the good females or getting a seed/clone from someone who already did that hassle?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
HidingInTheHaze if you guys had a task to grow some nice sours or something that is close to legit sours where would you get the seeds/clone from?

I got smart, I bought one of the last packs ever made of the Sour D IBL and I made 400 F2's with the best female I got in the pack. I also still have some of his chem sour left a long with a full pack of the SSSDH S1 and a pack of SSSDH I-XI.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with those recommending Rez. Old seeds, but definitely the most promising if you can get the seeds to pop.
I need to crack some of these old packs too

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got smart, I bought one of the last packs ever made of the Sour D IBL and I made 400 F2's with the best female I got in the pack. I also still have some of his chem sour left a long with a full pack of the SSSDH S1 and a pack of SSSDH I-XI.

Most growers weren't too happy with the last go round of SD IBL. I wasn't too crazy about them either. I had a few that looked absolutely insane, but had zero smell. Got another pack tho.
Have you had a chance to run thru the F2's? how were they?

theJointedOne

Veteran
Yea I agree the SD ibl had a few winners but mostly mediocre. Stay away from the hksd IMHO, not much there but green bud. Ogchem, chem sour, sssdh, and putbull ogsd were my fave.

Linux

Most growers weren't too happy with the last go round of SD IBL. I wasn't too crazy about them either. I had a few that looked absolutely insane, but had zero smell. Got another pack tho.
Have you had a chance to run thru the F2's? how were they?

same here wanna know too. Do they have that strong jet fuel smell got any grow pics of it?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Most growers weren't too happy with the last go round of SD IBL.

I agree they were mostly junk I got 7 males and 3 females, 2 of the females were utter crap, but the one good one was an excellent plant.

This is the mother I used for my seeds, she was straight diesel funk mixed with with horrible dumpster odor, by far the stinkiest plant I have ever grown. I am still sad over losing this one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta look up my old thread, but if I remember correctly, I had 7 girls and 4 or 5 males. One smelled very fruity and NYCD'ish. Most of em smelled like hay.
But I did have one short stinky dieselly pheno that I ran a few times. I liked it, but I was counting on something that veg'd faster and stretched more like real SD.

I did however get that from every other pack of Rez seeds that had SD in it.

Latest posts

Latest posts