What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

registration cards

tazzzy

i live in alaska & the department of health & social services issued the first batch of registration cards allowing people to use marijuana for medical purposes. i have chronic pain & i asked my doctor about it. he said its new law & he didnt want to impeach himself. so he gave me new pain pills. i would rather smoke marijuana then pop pills every 4 hours. at least i wouldnt feel groggy the next day. so i asked him what doctor would allow registration card. he wouldnt tell me. so i got on the computer & i still dont know what doctor would recamende it, so im growing my own. we fought hard to make marijuana legal & we finally did it. were allowed 4 ounces per house hold. kool. i dont need a damn doctor any more. kool huh.

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
cool is right taz.... weeeeeeeee. great news, i have a very good friend in anchorage and visit now and then when i creep out of the basement. thumbs up to you....

HerbanWarrior

wait so u have medical witout the doctor bein involved on ur own thats hella cool i fear some doctors might sell out info under pressure so im a little edgy on that subject but what u have is amazing

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
How about some more info Tazzy...

How about some more info Tazzy...

I'm curious and there's probably some others too. Can you give us a little more background information on the medical marijuana situation in Alaska Tazzy? I'm sure I could do some research, but it's always nice to hear it from those really in the know.

GreatLakes THC

hyperseth

my problem with registration cards is that they can be taken away from you, leaving you with no legal defense for everyday police activity...

solution: get yourself tattooed with whatever ID you need, that way NO ONE can take it away from you when you need it most...

GLTHC-

It is not "medical mj" in AK, just mj. When the economy went bad 20 or so years ago, the state went democrat. In the spirit of "Fierce independence" a law was passed which stated that the citezens right to privacy in their own home was more important than the states right to violate that privacy for personal use of mj. The limit was 4 oz or 25 plants. Times got good and the state went Republican. The law was overturned in court. One person was busted and appealed to the AK Supreme court. The origanal law was upheld. The conservatives blamed it on the liberal jew who wrote the first law.

The med card is new to me. Currently possession outside of the home is illegal.

One side effect is armed home invasions to rob growers.

G

"One side effect is armed home invasions to rob growers."

that's pretty fucked up... .you'd think if they could afford the weapons , they could afford to start a grow....

there are too many fuckin idiots in this world these days.

THC