i ve been reading here for about a year thought
i used soil for the past year but now i'm running
rubbermaids dwc's with rockwool and hydrodron
for the past month and i ve told that i would loose a lot of flavors
i'm currently growing mazzar ,g-13 and blueberry

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
just make sure you flush them for 10-14 days and dont let the organic crowd get you down

Greenmopho

do you really loose flavor in hydro ???

I just harvested some Dj Short Flo in both organic soil and DWC. The soil is actually a little more harsh than the hydro, and a slight earthy taste. Other than that same taste and smell. Soil yieled about 1/2 oz each, hydro about 2 oz each.....same veg time and everything else exactly the same, thats why i love hydro!!!

I've always heard that every cannabis cup winner has been grown in soil. Don't know if it's true, but if so, something to think about.

Loosey

Ive grown excactly the same cut for a while now in dirt and Aero/NFT. The buds are covered in trichomes and it looks more like mould in aero. Also the buds were alot tighter, bigger and stronger than my organic.

Organic buds in the other hand are really gentle on your lungs, taste slightly better even though i think my aero buds tasted alot sweeter and had stronger taste.

People might say hydro buds are really harsh but that wasn't the case, if i tasted organic and my aero buds and didn't know which one is which i couldn't tell any difference.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Hydro will give you back what you put in. If I left out the florolicious in my mix, the flowers would not taste or smell as sweet, becaue they would not have had the right food to produce those flavors. Feed them well, and they will feed your head.

jaspmf

As long as you cure them both it makes no difference in my opinion.
Done many double blind smoke tests w/ friends and they SLIGHTLY favored the cured hydro actually. By slightly I mean it's still basically been a coinflip

Just my experiences.

Okay now I have to call bull shit or proof on this one.

So what is the story? You grow them twice as big? Are just the buds bigger? What gives? Are All other things equal?

This does not make sense to me. If that were the case every cash cropper would be doing this.

If he vegged the hydro and the soil for the same time it makes perfect sense.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I think it depends on how much flavor potential the grass has. Some it doesn't make much of a difference because there's not much to begin with, others all the difference in the world. I've tasted some that are completely different when grown in soil.

toohighmf

Veteran
first time posting here
i ve been reading here for about a year thought
i used soil for the past year but now i'm running
rubbermaids dwc's with rockwool and hydrodron
for the past month and i ve told that i would loose a lot of flavors
i'm currently growing mazzar ,g-13 and blueberry

toxic heavy metals in poorly leached buds is definitely an aquired taste...

acidlexxx

i growing mostly mazzar right now
that will be the 4th time with this strain
i trying not to worry there doing great right now actuly there doing better that when i had them in soil (cheap soil ) it seems that hydro is better at food distributing

I just harvested some Dj Short Flo in both soil and DWC. The soil is actually a little more harsh than the hydro, and a slight earthy taste. Other than that same taste and smell. Soil yieled about 1/2 oz each, hydro about 2 1/2 oz each.....thats why i love hydro!!!

organic means nothing, what means something is organic grown well. im not impressed because harsh pour tasteing weed was grown organically, nor bothered that very clean tasteing flavourful weed was grown on a sterile medium with chems but flushed to perfection, skill is skill-

Dimebagg

well fed and flushed plants should taste good no matter what growing medium, as long as the genetics are there. I have had MUCH more success with hydro than in soil. Its a person to person opinion, and the next guy will probably say he likes soil more. For ME (and I cant speak for anyone else) my hydro buds are bigger, smell better, and taste better than anything Ive been able to grow in soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts