What's new

anything u can do to make buds produce more trichomes?

cheebman

hey, right know i use 5-1-1 fish poop, superthirve and awsomebloosems, for flowering.. my last crop wasnt as dank as i woud have liked it.. i aslo cut them down a week of so early.. maybe thats my problem... the stain is unkown.. i always lst her.. i have 2 plants that started as clones together in a 5 gal bucket.. that way i tied her down, gave them 26 main cola's :)
only vegged for a month and now its been 9 days 12/12.. if there anything else i can do to make her produce more trichomes?? or is it just the strain??

here a pic of the last girl. the plant i started the clones from

thanks

175watt MH + 150watt HPS

joder156

You can add more trichromes by making sure the plant is in its optimum conditions... The genes also have alot to do with the production of resin. If you are not getting optimum buds you might want to switch your mother up.

kalikush

I'd have to say a lot of it is genetics although optimum conditions would help get the most of the genetics you do have. I've sprouted a lot of seeds in the past and one time we had a bagseed female that started showing trichs on the leaves after only about a month from when it first went under the lights. I've never seen another plant develop that many trichs so early in its life, we didnt even know the sex at that point but we smoked up many fatties in hopes we would bless our white beauty. We were blessed with a super white female but had to chop em all after only 3 weeks of flowering due to a landlord issue... here's to finding the white again :joint:

DontBanMe

I have seen jumps in trich production after i started to use the 3 line up for flowering from fox farm and ive used it ever since and ive never once had low trich levels.
I use Open Sesame for the first weeks of flower, then i switch to Beastie Bloomz for the middle weeks of flowering, and then i switch to Cha Ching for the last weeks of flower, and you can use Cha Ching all the way through harvest.
I basically follow the exact instructions they say to on the back of the nute containers.
Those are the only ferts i use for flowering and i have always seen very wonderful results. I would highly recommend those to help quailty and qauntity.

Resin production is directly associated with humidity levels.

Historically, plants which create the most resins and trichomes (and not only cannabis produces resins and trichomes) came from high-altitude desert regions.

Get your humidity levels down way under 50%. The crystals will follow.

G

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
That's EASY here, RH is 15-30% year round mostly.

cheebman,

First thing you can do to get the most out of your grow - is DON"T CUT TOO SOON.

The final stages of development is when you get the very best the plant has to offer.

Trics never lie - Clear first then cloudy then amber.

A really good rule for newbs - if you think it's ready to harvest - wait a week - or two.

Do a search for Radio Shack Microscope - it's the tool you need next.

While your waiting that extra couple weeks - read up on drying your crop - - Things should take a marked turn for the better next harvest!

After that you may wana go seed shoppin

Shaka!

Last edited:

GDB

My favorite way to boost resin production is having fans blowing on my plants 24/7.

cheebman

thanks fella;s,
but GDB- how does having fans blowing on ur plants 24/7 help w/ resin production??

me and most everyone else keep fans blowing 24/7.. if u dont keep the fan on duriong the dark cycle u could has a potential for mold. do to stagnet air..

but how would this help???

smokeymacpot

Veteran
floro lights tend to produce some extremely frosty buds, but you have a MH lamp so you wud be getting lots of blue already :/
whats your canopy temp? ive seen high canopy temps decreasing the amount of resin.