What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paying taxes on gambling earnings?

Anyone online poker players ever have a problem extracting their winnings? My account has recently been locked, and I'm waiting for the poker company to get back to me. I've been extracting small portions of my $97,000 winnings over the past 7 weeks. I've managed to get about $33k until they locked my account for "unsual/suspicious activity". What the hell is so suspicious about withdrawing my damn money? I've been extracting it in small sums, so not to attract attention from my bank. Once a deposit is made, I immediately take it out of my account in cash. Does anyone have any experience with this or think I need to cut the government in on my earnings?

G

Good god man,quit embarrassing yourself haha.Your affluence is making us all envious...

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Maybe some large charitable donations will reduce your tax load...
(PS I take PayPal!)

trouble

Veteran
Depths Of OG said:
Anyone online poker players ever have a problem extracting their winnings? My account has recently been locked, and I'm waiting for the poker company to get back to me. I've been extracting small portions of my $97,000 winnings over the past 7 weeks. I've managed to get about $33k until they locked my account for "unsual/suspicious activity". What the hell is so suspicious about withdrawing my damn money? I've been extracting it in small sums, so not to attract attention from my bank. Once a deposit is made, I immediately take it out of my account in cash. Does anyone have any experience with this or think I need to cut the government in on my earnings?

Man, You crack me up! You have no shame !

You havent taken your Med's today have you? :jerkit:

How was your lunch meeting with Donald Trump today? I read in Forbes the two of you are working on some really big deals.

Last edited:

joder156

I really hope that your dumb ass gets busted. Its people like you that give the good guys the bad name. Life isn't about money, so quit trying to look like a "big-shot" by posting these moronic statements.

HuffAndPuff

bwahahahahah! OMFG, depths- you've outdone yourself! Thanks bro. Midterms are kicking my ass, and I needed a good laugh. How did you decide to settle on 96k as the amount of your winnings? I can see it now... They'll NEVER believe me if I say 100,000!

I can't wait for the next dispatch from Delusionalville. Who needs Paul Bunyan and the Blue Ox when we've got DepthsofOG, right?

HuffAndPuff

HAPPYTREE

Please don't feed the trolls.
Good motto around here
I can't wait for the next dispatch from Delusionalville. Who needs Paul Bunyan and the Blue Ox when we've got DepthsofOG, right?

I JUST HARVESTED AND BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE TRIPS TO THE MOON, AND WHEN IGET THERE IM GONNA HAVE A PINA COLADA, AND DO SOME DEEP SPACE DIVING, hahaha

HT

dbuzz

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
BTW, any winnings over 10,000 have to fill out a form for the IRS before collecting the winnings. Thats the law and there's no way around it.......

not if you withdraw under 10k at a time. it's only reported to the irs when deposited in sums of 10k or more. :dueling: oh, and major poker sites don't lock accounts without reason.

Kizzattack

Can anyone reccomend a good poker site?
They all sound like scams to me, and I think many of them are, so it's hard to know which ones to trust.

high_hopes

It has been more and more difficult getting money into sites due to the law that passed that outlawed credit-card and money-transfer companies from accepting payments to gambling Web sites.

You can still put money into an account on some sites - Pokerstars, Bogog, Ultimate Bet to name a few. Party Poker, Doyle's Room and others have not allowed US players to play on their site since the law passed.

Pokerstars has a nice software whereas Bodog doesn't. You can send money to Pokerstars via Moneygram. Similar to Western Union but much cheaper. You can find Moneygram's at certain banks and Wal-Mart's - www.moneygram.com www.pokerstars.com

HTH

Latest posts

Latest posts