What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Cool Can a Cop Be?

Consider for a moment this hypothetical scenario:

A friendly cop (it could be your neighbor, golfing buddy, or brother-in-law) accidentally stumbles on your counter-ban. He expresses a casual interest and tells you that he suspects that the item in question might be illegal, but he’s not sure if he has misidentified it. Your friendly law enforcement officer then tells you that he’ll be back later to verify if the item in question is in-deed illegal.

After he leaves, you destroy your counter-ban. During his next visit he off-handedly comments on the possibly illegal item. You don’t answer, the conversation veers off in another direction, and the thing is never mentioned again.

My question is:

Can a cop artfully let someone off the hook? Is it considered a form of unethical, or even corrupt behavior if he does this?

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Partner... cops ALWAYS.. use to dump ur herbs on the hood of ur car and tell ya to DRIVE.. while they followed for a bit.... or just dump it out..

Out of a DOZEN times being caught by cops smoking in parks etc...etc... I NEVER GOT BUSTED in the LATE 70's NEVER... I was told to call up and turn myslef in.. HAHAHAH.. yeah right... AND I WAS A JUVENILE...

Smoke that bit of truth!

Peace
BB

I think it boils down to the fact that cops selectively enforce laws. That and they have to file paperwork and possibly appear in court over everything they report. So chances are they wouldn't create a police report on the off-chance that something "might" be illegal. Especially for a casual acquaintance. I think if anything that they would just want to give you a heads-up in case you ran into a not-so-friendly cop. just my .02

G

OldMan&theWeed said:
My question is:

Can a cop artfully let someone off the hook? Is it considered a form of unethical, or even corrupt behavior if he does this?

Well... I think they are hired and trained in good judgment, thus I would think that they could let it go if they felt it wasn't really a threat. That judgment would not be considered corrupt behavior. I used to have a cop come drink beer at my apt., he used to live next door. He told me that he knows shit goes on and he doesn't care. I don't really think most try to get involved in things that are not threatening or disturbing to the general public or yourself. Now if you go out publicly with it, its a different thing, but seeing shit in a apt doesn't really matter... even though the behavior is not really considered corrupt you have to take into account the flip side of trusting their judgment, I.E. a cop being too harsh and actually doing all in his power just to be a dick to screw you...so the answer is, it totally depends on what kind of cop your dealing with and in what fashion you know him (off, undercover, on duty, meets you, you meet him, friends friend etc..)

Last edited:
G

contraband, not counter-ban....please....thanks.........sorry im anal tonight

yea...i edited

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to buzzmobile again.

Last edited:
G

have fresh baker's dosen of krispy kremes layin around when he visits next and it'll be a done deal

G

there are plenty of cool, realistic cops out there who understand that weed is a stupid thing to focus on. i think the problem is that your odds of running into those cops is rather small.

PoppinFresh

irishSoCo said:
there are plenty of cool, realistic cops out there who understand that weed is a stupid thing to focus on. i think the problem is that your odds of running into those cops is rather small.

How about those cops that saw and did nothing when steve-o was "brandishing" an ounce of marijuana. I think it was tmz.com that caught it all on tape. Unfortunately, some nazi gestapo officers in the same department ended up tracking them down and i think they faced charges or got disciplined in some way.

I think police officers in general know that marijuana is not bad at all save for a few lunatics who were mentally deficient in the first place if not caused by typical police training.

:bashhead:

M

Mr. Nevermind

A cool cop is an oxymoron. No such thing. Cant be cool and a cop at the saem time. Anyone who chooses a field of employment which the job entails arresting MJ users isnt cool. Fuck cops.

Nevermind

G

I would guess that you are in the clear so far.

I would never let that person (the cop) see anything like that again.

Also .. keep smells down.

You never know when this person could be put into a bind.

G

Mr. Nevermind said:
A cool cop is an oxymoron. No such thing. Cant be cool and a cop at the saem time.
Nevermind

Totally not true I have known plenty because of my relatives. You would be VERY surprised how many smoke marijuana, drink beer and are normal people. Your statement is probably based on your experiences.

Mr. Nevermind said:
Anyone who chooses a field of employment which the job entails arresting MJ users isnt cool. Fuck cops.

A lot of mislead, uneducated and mis-informed people share the same feelings. Kind of like how we as a smoking society feels about the general public are feelings against marijuana use. Maybe that is because no one has gotten to know them as personally as I have, but I have asked them questions like that, how can you smoke then turn around and arrest someone for it and ruin their life.

There answer is quite simple they aren't out to get you and your pot, they are simply there to do their job. If they are there in the first place most likely someone did something stupid to make them show. When they put the uniform on they are clocked in. Cops make good money and killer benefits with only a high school grad. This allows them to have lives and have a family which otherwise would not be possible. Their families welfare is based on this job, and most do it for years.

There are countless circumstances, that go beyond just arresting mj users, that is kind of an immature statement. A cop will risk his life for you but fuck them, cause they hate pot. Wise-up man, half these pot users wouldn't risk their lives for you for what a cop gets paid in a day. And if you think they would your sorely mistaken.

I trust my life in the hands of a cop more than any marijuana user on here...maybe some day you'll find out just how 'good' and beneficial a cop to be to your life, and if you can't remember this post buddy cause if it weren't for a cop a lot of poeple I love in my life right now wouldn't be here. So if a cop saved your sibling, would he be cool, or soon as he handed you back your sibling, and tends to his wounds will you still tell them to go fuck himself? Thanks.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Kinderfeld said:
Totally not true I have known plenty because of my relatives. You would be VERY surprised how many smoke marijuana, drink beer and are normal people. Your statement is probably based on your experiences.

A lot of mislead, uneducated and mis-informed people share the same feelings. Kind of like how we as a smoking society feels about the general public are feelings against marijuana use. Maybe that is because no one has gotten to know them as personally as I have, but I have asked them questions like that, how can you smoke then turn around and arrest someone for it and ruin their life.

There answer is quite simple they aren't out to get you and your pot, they are simply there to do their job. If they are there in the first place most likely someone did something stupid to make them show. When they put the uniform on they are clocked in. Cops make good money and killer benefits with only a high school grad. This allows them to have lives and have a family which otherwise would not be possible. Their families welfare is based on this job, and most do it for years.

There are countless circumstances, that go beyond just arresting mj users, that is kind of an immature statement. A cop will risk his life for you but fuck them, cause they hate pot. Wise-up man, half these pot users wouldn't risk their lives for you for what a cop gets paid in a day. And if you think they would your sorely mistaken.

I trust my life in the hands of a cop more than any marijuana user on here...maybe some day you'll find out just how 'good' and beneficial a cop to be to your life, and if you can't remember this post buddy cause if it weren't for a cop a lot of poeple I love in my life right now wouldn't be here. So if a cop saved your sibling, would he be cool, or soon as he handed you back your sibling, and tends to his wounds will you still tell them to go fuck himself? Thanks.

Again I will say... fuck police. They are sworn to uphold the law. The laws state that MJ users are subject to jail time and they put MJ users in jail making criminals out of people whose only broken law was smoking pot. A cop will risk his life for me? Please! Around here they settle arrests out of court and just kick your handcuffed ass in a corn field. Fuck them. As far as me needing a cop? Never have never will. Fuck em.

As far as you what if question? I dont answer what if's, i answer what did's. If someone breaks into my home, i dont need police. They need and ambo. Men take care of themselves. My father at over 60 years in age has never needed the police and refuses to deal with them. Since as a teenager those nice boys n blue sprayed him with a fire hose. For all the good you think they do, their bad in their history far outweighs the good.

Nevermind

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
every1 like firemen every1 like paramedics no1 like cops including cops a cop is a cop is a cop. unless he's in your family and loves ya more then life itself i wouldnt trust a cop because a cop is a cop is a cop lol sworn to uphold the law

G

Mr. Nevermind said:
As far as you what if question? I dont answer what if's, i answer what did's. If someone breaks into my home, i dont need police. They need and ambo. Men take care of themselves. My father at over 60 years in age has never needed the police and refuses to deal with them. Since as a teenager those nice boys n blue sprayed him with a fire hose. For all the good you think they do, their bad in their history far outweighs the good.
Nevermind

lol... someone breaking in... there is a big difference when you see someone you thought you trusted trying to hurt you.. I guess I am talking from a biased standpoint given shit you guys don't know, all I am saying is if you go around acting negative towards cops all that does is make them want to go after you. Give them positive vibes and you'd have to be a dumb ass or do something stupid to get busted.

Seriously guys, dodging cops isn't hard and all it takes it a bit of common sense... your going about ti the wrong way thats all. Cops deal with a lot of shit, and they do IN FACT do good things believe it or not. You hate a part of the cops job, actually you hate about 1/1,000 of shit they actually do. People are to fucking stupid and reckless to govern themselves, I mean think about it, you really want crack heads threatening poeple with an aids-blooded needle (saw on cops) on the streets? Or people stashing bombs in buildings threatening to blow them up? bank hold ups? coutless situations... I doubt I would see YOUR ass going in there to to anything to help... yet the cops will... for very little money.

Think outside the whole "cannabis" thing. Of course it sucks, no ones doubting that, but to say that because of that one flaw cops are no good to society is just plain fucking stupid.

Last edited:
D

daisy jane

How cool can a cop be? Well my neighbor is a cop and he is actually very cool. When he first became a cop(years ago when I was in elementary school)I was playing in the yard and he hit the siren and said over his loud speaker "stop having fun daisy jane" That is as cool as I have seen them.

And as far as cops being cool enough to let something slide...well when Tarkus, his brother, our friend, and I got a visit from a "cop" when we were on the side of the road. This cop had to have known we were smoking because we reeked. But he just gave us directions to Lake Conroe (where we were heading to) and let us go on our way. Which worked out great because Tarkus and I had taken acid earlier and were still gonnne :jump:

I don't know if there are cops that are cool enough to just ignore something like a grow. And to be honest, I don't want to find out.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
As Nevermind so CORRECTLY pointed out!!!!!

WHY???? would someone WANT to be a cop????

Cause they are SICK IN THE HEAD...i.e. mental defect...

Either... you NEVER arrest someone for MJ.. which is a VICTIMLESS crime... or you SELECTIVELY arrest someone.... If its NEVER... then maybe they shouldn't be a cop... NOT THAT I MIND OF COURSE.. I WOULD LOVE FOR THERE TO BE COPS THAT WOULD NEVER ARREST FOR POT....

Unfortuneatly... these FUCKERS... get selective... and while I may like em if its ME..they are PASSING ON... I would hate them... if they arrested YOU!!!!.... cause WE ARE ALL THE SAME FOLKS... USERS OF GODS PLANTS!!

Peace
BB