What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For filters you get what you pay for.

G

I try to replace the carbon filter cans every 12 months or so just being proactive. This time I replaced a Phresh filter which is the only brand I have tried with a Ipower equivalent from Amazon. Mistake. I got home and my tent temps were in the upper 80's. I have a jury rig temp solution and will not be buying a IPower filter anymore. I am sure some like them but this one didnt flow nearly as well obviously.

My fan in the tent is a S&P silent series 150 CFM and last summer due to the incredible stink of my glue grow I had to add another filter on the exhaust side in the attic. A larger 6" IPower rated for 400CFM which helped the Phresh 4" X12" rated for 200 CFM on the inlet side. When I replaced the inlest side Phresh filter with the IPower 4" yesterday, also rated @ 200 CFM same as the Phresh filter, and left the exhaust side Ipower 6" 400 CFM within hours the temps went sky high while I was at work and my plants were drooping.

I think Im just going to get a Phresh 6" and put it by itself in the exhaust side of the duct in the attic. The overkill on the CFM on the filter compared to the CFM of my fan should be fine and was until I replaced the Phresh inlet 4" with the supposedly comparable IPower.

I noticed looking into the filters the difference in build design between the Phresh and the IPower but the IPower has had a lot of good reviews. And silly me tried to save a few bucks.

For me lesson learned. Phresh filters is all I will buy going fwd even if they are quite a bit more.

Latest posts

Latest posts