What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super plants

Dankwolf

Is critical mass like that? I thought critical was more on the indica side. I don't really know anyone that grows critical mass. Not really a cali thing.
Does critical mass carry yield traits to hybrids

I have seen some critical mass that yield s like blue free but high was,far superior. Terps,were,pine/skunk . had great bag appeal and the order was overwhelming to the point of 3 bags needed to,keep,it some what low key . one but could stinkbup a wearhouse.:tiphat:

CrushnYuba

dankwolf: I'm sold. I'm going to grab a couple packs of critical mass. Maybe a couple critical hybrids. Hopefully I'll find a good plant that i can cross to some of my clones to breathe some life into them.
It sounds like it's really what I'm looking for. The biggest problem i have with dream its the terpine profile has no pine/skunk. I ran a critical jack cut somewhat recently and it was definitely a super plant. Enormous sativa plants with dense nugs and stunnnnk... But it stunk like Jack. Sweet pine.

Ramse: my tiny little micro climate it's pretty damn perfect. I am in norcal and i bought the property Because it was the best micro climate i could find in the usa. Just about everything i run comes out as dank as can be. Just my flavor of the month hybrid x hybrid genetics don't have the vigor of the plants i used to run.
Basically my only expectations are super plants that have lime green skunk/musky nose. No sweetness. Super thin blade sativa vigor with far node spacing that triple in size in flower. But those spaced out nodes fill in with dense bud. Flower time must be less then 65ish days inside.
Doesnt have to be mold resistant or finish early outside or anything like that.

Basically dream that isn't sweet.

X

xavier7995

Critical Mass is more of a Big Bud type plant. Nowhere near the vigor. You want to try other Super Silver Haze crosses or straight up Super Silver Haze. I was doing some internet window seed shopping and there's quite a few Silver Haze hybrids out there. The SSH is a super plant everything about it is bigger then a normal plant.

I saw a few Ghost Train Haze descriptions that sounded promising. Either straight up or crossed with something. If my flowering season was a bit longer I'd be very interested.

The above poster mentions Bodhi he's got a lot of hybrids with vigor. Worth your while to look through his stuff. The large sativa frame with big indica type bud formula has been a proven winner in the Emerald Triangle for a lot of years. The breeders select tall vigorous males crossed with a proven clone mother. I've seen quite a few 10 lb monster strains that fit this. A lot of them include an outdoor Diesel line as the father.

GTH yielded real well for me. They went a bit past your 65 day window though, i think i took them at around 80 days. It did produce huge large solid buds that were real lemony.

Dankwolf

dankwolf: I'm sold. I'm going to grab a couple packs of critical mass. Maybe a couple critical hybrids. Hopefully I'll find a good plant that i can cross to some of my clones to breathe some life into them.
It sounds like it's really what I'm looking for. The biggest problem i have with dream its the terpine profile has no pine/skunk. I ran a critical jack cut somewhat recently and it was definitely a super plant. Enormous sativa plants with dense nugs and stunnnnk... But it stunk like Jack. Sweet pine.

Ramse: my tiny little micro climate it's pretty damn perfect. I am in norcal and i bought the property Because it was the best micro climate i could find in the usa. Just about everything i run comes out as dank as can be. Just my flavor of the month hybrid x hybrid genetics don't have the vigor of the plants i used to run.
Basically my only expectations are super plants that have lime green skunk/musky nose. No sweetness. Super thin blade sativa vigor with far node spacing that triple in size in flower. But those spaced out nodes fill in with dense bud. Flower time must be less then 65ish days inside.

Soon as I have cash I plan to get at least 100 critical mass , but in till then I run delicious seeds cotton candy as my go to super f1 .

Cotton candy out door and indoor .

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The last pic is cotton candy with 1.5 week veg potted to a 5 gallon bag . started at 8" tall finished at almost 3 ft tall . 10.5 week strian or so .

Soon as I have cash I plan to get at least 100 critical mass , but in till then I run delicious seeds cotton candy as my go to super f1 .

View Image View Image View Image View Image

The last pic is cotton candy with 1.5 week veg potted to a 5 gallon bag . started at 8" tall finished at almost 3 ft tall . 10.5 week strian or so .
If you're rollin with delicious seeds you could try sugar black rose thats critical mass bilbo cut x black domina

Dankwolf

If you're rollin with delicious seeds you could try sugar black rose thats critical mass bilbo cut x black domina

I thought about it but I am swimming in genetics at this point . had to turn down a few free tester seed offers lately :tiphat.

She is in my top 20 wants but my rks project will take up my next 6 to 10 years .

Happy Times

Good luck with that pheno hunt Yuba, hope you find a super one.

Critical Mass = Mr. Nice?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

View Image View Image View Image View Image

I am glad you like the Delicious seeds Cotton Candy. I have never ran any of their gear. But 6 months or so ago (before my pm issue) a friend at a grow store befriended a rep from delicious seeds. He gifted him cuts of eleven roses and choco bang. He said the 11 roses has won extract cups and the choco makes yummiest extracts ever (well I hope he is right) I cannot find much info and when asking about it we kinda get the impression he did not intend to share the 11 roses (he thought he gave us a young seedling and what I received was clearly not grown from seed). Looking forward to trying both. And I finally put a small one of each into flower. In veg both are super stinky as far as veg plants go. My friend did share a sample of the 11 roses, not the most well grown. It did have a special flavor reminiscent of other purple strains but very unique. And while the high was relaxing I found it very enjoyable for an indica dominant strain. I cannot find any info on the choco bang at all. My buddy said something about chocolate thai but it looks nothing like anything I would think is thai. And from what I read they work with chocolope. So I kinda think its is a chocolope hybrid or remake.

I am glad to have a chance to grow a few things I am not familar with and are not super common.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I run delicious seeds cotton candy as my go to super f1 .

Cotton candy is an f1 cross between stabilized never hybridized African sativa Power Plant and chunky nug skunk/big bud/afghan hybrid Lavender. Great example of what I explained in post #18 about breeding your own "super plants" thanks for that Dankwolf.

Latest posts

Latest posts