What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue 5.0

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
For the past couple months I've been beta testing out the new creation from Joesy. Round #2 of the GG5.0 is coming to a close, while rounds #3 and #4 are being prepped. After two runs I feel I have a pretty good grip on the strain - so I thought I'd start sharing some pictures. Thank you to the boys at GGStrains for this amazing example :tiphat:

Strain: Gorilla Glue 5.0
Lineage: Gorilla Glue #1 x Gorilla Glue #4 (r)
Breeder: Joesy Whales
Flowering Time: 56 - 65 Days
Awards: N/A
Form: Clone Only
Crosses: N/A

My personal notes:
- More bushy, stronger lateral branching, and tighter node spacing than the GG#4.
- Just as much trichome coverage than GG#4
- Less complex diesel fuel nose - a nice hybrid high - doesn't rock me out like #4 - still very flavorful and potent.

This thread is NOT for discussing where or how to obtain the strain.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
A

acridlab

Looks pretty sweet, any other lemony strains comparible??
Like lemon skunk or lemon g??

so the tighter node spacing and branching abilities come at a cost of pungency? by more cerebral do you mean more active and less couch lock?:tiphat:looks good

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Nice id agree with almost everything but no way shit is lemon or sweet. ... not fuel like gas sourD og but its a strong dirty funk 100% kerosene type burnt diesle funk.... nowhere near as complex as 4 just in ya face nasty diesel exhaust type funk... n sour notes... strong as shit to... i like her alot so far....
Martian she is more rank then the 4 as far as loudness goes.... just not complex... the 4 makes u think wtf ur smellin 5 one wiff u know. .... again nothin sweet or soft to her.... i know rb got the real cut .... but lemons???? No way...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Aww.....shit. Tagging up, so I can be on the forefront of that new new for late 2015 early 2016 season. Looks like she's an even lighter feeder than the GG#4.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I would def throw some cash at that project.
I have not been interested in others doing GG4 crosses.
But If this was a Joesy project:good:

The man needs his Cheddar:biggrin:.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Looks more chunky. Nice one.

Funky lookin gal. Nice

Looks very nice RB! Tighter nugs yes? Looks like she is a little more compact over all?

Yup - very different hug structure than the #4.

so the tighter node spacing and branching abilities come at a cost of pungency? by more cerebral do you mean more active and less couch lock?:tiphat:looks good

Don't get me wrong - the 5.0 has an amazing nose to it. But as Stoney said, it is definitely less "complex" than the #4. There aren't as many notes swirling together as the #4 has. I wouldn't categorize the smell of the 5.0 as better or worse than #4 - just VERY different. A couple people so far I've given samples to actually prefer the 5.0 over the #4.

Looks pretty sweet, any other lemony strains comparible??
Like lemon skunk or lemon g??

Nice id agree with almost everything but no way shit is lemon or sweet. ... not fuel like gas sourD og but its a strong dirty funk 100% kerosene type burnt diesle funk.... nowhere near as complex as 4 just in ya face nasty diesel exhaust type funk... n sour notes... strong as shit to... i like her alot so far....
Martian she is more rank then the 4 as far as loudness goes.... just not complex... the 4 makes u think wtf ur smellin 5 one wiff u know. .... again nothin sweet or soft to her.... i know rb got the real cut .... but lemons???? No way...

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best descriptor of flower tastes / smells. I get more accurate information from the people I had samples to. I definitely agree that the #4 has a far more complex nose to her, with several different notes coming together all at once.

Nice, thank you for sharing.

Aww.....shit. Tagging up, so I can be on the forefront of that new new for late 2015 early 2016 season. Looks like she's an even lighter feeder than the GG#4.

Yeah she really doesn't need a whole lot. Week 7 she is still green with feeding at 1.3 - 1.4 EC. Testing her out with Jacks next run :tiphat:

I would def throw some cash at that project.
I have not been interested in others doing GG4 crosses.
But If this was a Joesy project:good:

The man needs his Cheddar:biggrin:.

Yup this is from Joesy - I think he plans to release late 2016 if all goes according to schedule :tiphat:

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Nice shots RB. I really like the watermark too. Nice touch

Thanks Marlo. You wouldn't believe how many times I come across my pictures stolen on IG - hence the watermark. Not that is really does a whole lot... but whatever :tiphat:

B

bigganjabud

I needs this in my life !!!!

Still havnt done #4 but I'd gladly swap my right but for a cut

SourDank

Veteran
Looking real dank dude, I hope Josey makes some $$ of them beans. Seeing as he made a ton of breeders of ton of money it seems like it's his turn now. I'm glad to hear it, and you definitely did her justice RB. Respect homie

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
How is the overall stretch? Any whole plant shots?

The room is really tight right now - I don't think I can squeeze a whole plant shot right now. I can out of the other room that was flipped more recently. Stretch on this girl is a dream - probably half the amount of stretch than the #4. It makes a much better plant for people with low ceilings IMO.

I needs this in my life !!!!

Still havnt done #4 but I'd gladly swap my right but for a cut

Looking real dank dude, I hope Josey makes some $$ of them beans. Seeing as he made a ton of breeders of ton of money it seems like it's his turn now. I'm glad to hear it, and you definitely did her justice RB. Respect homie

Yeah thats the objective brother. I'm doing my best to hype her up through other outlets and get some killer test results so Joesy can see a little residual from this crazy industry. He definitely deserves it more than most.

Latest posts

Latest posts