What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Northern Lights

One bit of advice.....Northern Lights or anything crossed with it needs a good cure. I mean 2 or 3 months. Also, take it to 10 weeks and then chop. I have never grown Peaks NL but, I had a clone of the original NL#5....and when I tried it after a short cure, it was short with no bite.....but after a looooong cure, it was devastating. I mean to the point of making seasoned smokers pass out.

Old Fogey

Only popped a couple and they grew balls. :( One was especially vigorous and smelly...

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to mention the smell.

Pheno 1 as described in my post above was the loudest plant in the grow by a big margin and on its own demanded a carbon scrubber where I've managed without one in several past grows.

I was seeking low odor strains which is what led me to Peak Seeds in the first place but this very desirable pheno of Mike's Northern Lights is almost is stinky as it is pleasant to smoke. 9 out of 10 for sure.

Pheno 2 as described above had close to zero odor to go with close to zero potency.

To identify Pheno 1 in veg/pre-sexing I suggest making selections based on the level of stinkiness when the plant is rubbed or otherwise disturbed.

Peace

Old Fogey

I also have three KB that I 12/12'd till they showed female and I'm currently waiting until they are well re-established in veg state before deciding which to finish and which if any to try as a mom for a round or two. (No room in flower tent, hence re-vegging all 3)

I didn't like Mike's Kush Berry and it suffers badly in comparison to his Kush NL, which is a very good plant.

I found 2 phenos in the KB.

Green Pheno is compact but branchy. A very good yielder, interesting flavours and great bag appeal but I didn't like the high at all. It was certainly racy and I seem to recall it being muddled with a messy finish. Anyway, I didn't like it.

Purple Pheno is a single cola type with good yield but very average potency and effects and was not close to being a keeper.

I had 2 packs left and I gave them away to a friend for use in an outdoor guerilla grow, it's the only Peak strain I don't rate highly.

Peace

Hobbyist

One bit of advice.....Northern Lights or anything crossed with it needs a good cure. I mean 2 or 3 months. Also, take it to 10 weeks and then chop. I have never grown Peaks NL but, I had a clone of the original NL#5....and when I tried it after a short cure, it was short with no bite.....but after a looooong cure, it was devastating. I mean to the point of making seasoned smokers pass out.

thanks for the tip man.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Day 62 of 12/12

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Grown in pro mix and worm castings using Roots Organics nutes.

3 phenos brought outside for pics.

Clones were taken.

Keeping 2 phenos for sure.

May keep all 3...
:tiphat:

Robbie vapez

I questioned the 'needs' a long cure when I first read it, but after harvesting a PSBCNL, I'm becoming a believer. The stash was low, so it was consumed with only a very short time in the jars. It may be just the pheno, but while the effect was good, there was very little smell or taste. What aroma there was smelled earthy, not at all what I expect from NL.

A little more PSBC chatter:
I'm keeping a bonsai mom of MikeJ's SSxC99 that I absolutely love. It is frosty, potent, tasty, uplifting/giggly, and this pheno is done in 60 days. I usually give it at least 9 weeks, but it's not needed.
I have 2 more bonsai plants that I hope will become moms. The first is a NB. A couple clones have just rooted, so I'll know shortly if she lives or he dies.
There is also a PSBC Blueberry bonsai that just gave up a couple cuts. I'm really hoping this one is a girl. The only other female of this strain that I've flowered produced what may be the most powerful indica bud I've ever smoked.

The SSxC99 is one of the prettiest plants I've grown. Nothing fancy, no brilliant colours, just a beautiful example of cannabis sativa. The BB on the other hand, like the last one, is ugly as hell. You know what they say about ugly girls, though. ;-)
Good stuff Sandy.
I had a NL cut from Mike a long time ago. I used to have jars go 18 mths curing and it definitely improved taste and smell dramatically as well a decent bump in potency. I just got most of his seeds lately and really looking forward to SB, NS and SSxC99

dddaver

Veteran
I have been growing Peak's stuff exclusively for over 10 years. I think I've grown most of his strains. I think my first was a Blueberry which I got by accident out of a mix seed batch. It was my first buy from him and just testing the waters. Fickle bitch, but oh so yummy.

My favorite actually had to be his Sweet Skunk. Kind of ugly but a huge yielder and packed a good wallop. Way more a stony high than a couch locker.

The reason for my exclusivity is that I am very prone to stick with whatever works. My GF will attest to that. I'm sure my high degree of that frustrates her. But MJ's business model is top notch and he even states such on the site web page.

So I have grown out Sweet Skunk a number of times. I am growing out some SS x C99 right now. But be forewarned. That SS takes forever to finish. I have had it go 17 weeks and show just a little amber. But believe me, the rewards are worth the wait.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I have been growing Peak's stuff exclusively for over 10 years. I think I've grown most of his strains. I think my first was a Blueberry which I got by accident out of a mix seed batch. It was my first buy from him and just testing the waters. Fickle bitch, but oh so yummy.

My favorite actually had to be his Sweet Skunk. Kind of ugly but a huge yielder and packed a good wallop. Way more a stony high than a couch locker.

The reason for my exclusivity is that I am very prone to stick with whatever works. My GF will attest to that. I'm sure my high degree of that frustrates her. But MJ's business model is top notch and he even states such on the site web page.

So I have grown out Sweet Skunk a number of times. I am growing out some SS x C99 right now. But be forewarned. That SS takes forever to finish. I have had it go 17 weeks and show just a little amber. But believe me, the rewards are worth the wait.

Have you grown out his texada crosses?

dddaver

Veteran
Nope. Bought some. Just haven't tried it...yet. I'm curious though. I will. What is Texada supposed to be? Isn't it Sativa dominate?

Latest posts

Latest posts