What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I will probably have a go at her outside this year too Cronic, very excited to see what she can do in the California sunshine.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Here's the numbers from my first run. To put it in perspective, im gonna include some other numbers too.

Here's what this glue looked like at the beginning of flower
picture.php

The GG4 is in the middle. GDP x FAM(back left), GDP x PT#2(back right), GDP x PT#1(front right), SCK(front left)
picture.php

I threw the gg4 in as soon as i got it. Obviously, it had way less veg time than the others, and was much smaller.

Here are the dry weights after trimming.

GDP x FAM= 83 g
GDP x PT#2= 77 g
GDP x PT#1= 57 g
SCK= 61 g
GG4= 76 g

And that gg4 run was far from perfect. It stretched way more than it should've, and i messed up and the buds stopped getting bigger around day 40. And it still yielded over 2.5 zips from that relatively small plant(picture #1).
So the GG4 yielded with the best of that bunch despite being less than half the size at start and the ONLY plant out of that bunch that had any problems.
and o yeah, the light bulb was 10 months old too.

Here's a couple pics from that run

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I forget who asked about how long to veg the glue to try and get 1 oz plants.
Im thinking maybe straight from rooted clone could do it.

Last edited:

pappy masonjar

Veteran
And here's some pics from the 2 I have going now. They are 10 days apart, and very different sizes.

Day 27 (currently under a 400 HPS)
picture.php

picture.php

Day 37 (under a brand new 1K Horti Super)
picture.php

picture.php

and heres a close up of one of those lower branches
picture.php

P.S.
BTW, I noticed tonight that another one of my plants( A Scotts OG this time) hermed a little. Thats the 5th different strain this run. But on the positive side im 99.999% confident ive learned the reason why.
I got a message from a member here telling me that cold water could possibly the culprit. And i have been using colder water than normal lately. I believe that fact, coupled with the ultra low humidity(0-5% constantly), and the huge day/night temperature differentials in my room are causing the slight herms. Ive raised my water and plucked the nanners so we will see if they stop within the next 2 weeks.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Oh believe me, id loooovvveee to use a screen, but this is a walk in closet, so to get to the plants in the back, I have to remove some plants and move the rest around.

I do blow fans at my plants 24 hours a day, for their whole lives. That seems to help them with supporting themselves. But I will add couple stakes if necessary. Not puncturing the roots. Ill slide them just inside of the fabric pots. I usually have small 12 inch pieces of stake already in the soil, acting as place holders for the full sized stakes. Just in case i do need to add stakes, i wont damage roots.But I forgot this time.
I also use green soft tie to tie the floppy branches to more sturdy ones. I actually tied up a few right after I took this picture.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
No problem:tiphat:
It actually does seem to work well for me. If my yields were better it might not be enough. But as you can tell from the numbers I posted I dont grow huge plants.
Although one time I had a plant yield 5 oz and had a cola that weighed an 1.5 oz itself and was unsupported the whole time. Fans on high 24/7.

HumCronic

Hey there pappy you sound like you know what your doing and you probably have this under control but in my experience there are a couple things that are common in causing herms.
!
1. Most common cause is light leaks. once it took me a whole hour of wandering around in my room in what I thought was complete darkness. Then I found a tiny light leak. It was right next to the spot I was getting herms.
2. Stress factors like too hot or too cold. Normally too hot is the culprit when it comes to temp factors. Also under watering can cause stress in plants and can cause herms. That being said I have noticed that some strains just want to herm out. Makes me wonder if humans could be the same way. Gives me shivers. Have you ever seen herms in the glue?

HumCronic

Yeah IC I am excited too. The hard part is gonna be convincing my partner who is stuck on older more common strains. I don't mind doing those too as long as I can have a GG4 patch. From the looks of it I think its gonna kill it!

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
My next 2 rounds of GG that will be going in as theres room in the trays . the 3 1/2 gallons will go in in about 2 weeks the 5"squares will get transplanted & go in in about a month . they've all been in the 5" squares for about 3 weeks to a month . they have a nice strong base & root structure going . i have about 8 to 10 good tops on each one now & the big ones will just grow out from here on & the little ones will probably have to be trimmed back again a few more times . but they should be nice bushes this time . gonna see about getting the lights down on top of them this time too . maybe some light barriers around the edges of the trays to keep the light in just the trays .

View Image

View Image

View Image

OVO , hope ya don't mind me/us posting pics here with the only other thread going is the GG bud pic thread .
Small plants for those big containers. That's why I think u get 3x stretch IMO I would have a 4ft bush in 3 gallon before flip. Maybe wait three weeks instead of two? Just friendly observation bro. Like the prune let em blow up.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
I forget who asked about how long to veg the glue to try and get 1 oz plants.
Im thinking maybe straight from rooted clone could do it.

Agreed. Maybe a couple days veg to get over TP shock n flip.
With 23 days veg from first roots in 5"x5" container gettin over 3.5 z so I think straight into bloom an oz is a possibility.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Small plants for those big containers. That's why I think u get 3x stretch IMO I would have a 4ft bush in 3 gallon before flip. Maybe wait three weeks instead of two? Just friendly observation bro. Like the prune let em blow up.

Interesting...I was expecting a big stretch and it never really came. Never thought about the correlation between root mass and stretch. Here are mine on the day they went in. The one on the top right was about 8-10 inches from the net and a lot of the tops never reached the net.

picture.php

Next round will be bigger coming in from veg.

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Hey Guys, thought I'd put up a few pics of my GG#4s.
I received them last week and after only 10 days in the
cloner 5 of 6 have sprouted roots... come on number 6 !
picture.php

Front 6 are the glue, with a few other diesel stains in the back.
picture.php

I've had my eye on this girl since the first time I saw her pictures so
as you can imagine I'm absolutely stoked too add her to the line-up !

It's good too be friends of a friend... ya know ?

Mikenite69

Veteran
Looks like this thread is off to a great start! 1 person adding negative comments but what can u do haters are gonna hate!

Looks great guys keep up the great work and info!

Peace Mike

SirSmokalot

Veteran
N fam of the fam lol

Lil got more glue sources than a horse farm.

Yeah seen the wicked stretch in friends rooms who didn't get the correlation either. Multiple times. Meanwhile my plants same strains built like mike Tyson n they growing out Grape vines. Less stretch n tighter node spacing when truly established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts