What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP! raped by caterpillars

Bulldog11

Veteran
Bee's are not around in the late evening and moths and caterpillars are. Spinosad will do the trick also, it is like an A bomb going off. I use Spinosad once or twice on an outdoor crop with multiple treatments of safer brand caterpillar killer. This has worked for me for years now. I used to get horrible bud rot from those caterpillars. Not any more! I believe there is no one time answer. You have to be on top all season long.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I use 2 teaspoons of Safer Caterpillar Killer + 1 tablespoon Greenlight Lawn and Garden w/ Spinosad mixed in a one quart sprayer.

Spray at least once a week. I live less than a mile from the ocean. The dew and fog leave alot more moisture on my plants then the one quart from my sprayer.

catcherintheye

I use 2 teaspoons of Safer Caterpillar Killer + 1 tablespoon Greenlight Lawn and Garden w/ Spinosad mixed in a one quart sprayer.

Spray at least once a week. I live less than a mile from the ocean. The dew and fog leave alot more moisture on my plants then the one quart from my sprayer.

i was just about to say, the dew WOW the plants r soaked in the morning, wish I could protect them somehow, they just got sprayed with a 2 teasp. per gal solution of safer cat killer. Smelled like shit. Well see how it turns out, basically my fucked plants are just that fucked, but my few turning right now and one thats 3 weeks in and is a satty should be protected if the shit really works and i use it properly. SO REALLY? once a week? i thought the bacteria lives on the plant. is once a week really necessary like neem and other sprays?:tiphat: peace thanks.

2 bagsa fox farm, a sprayer, BT, and organic blackstrap for 50 bucks, the street price of an 8th, If i purchased it before, id have near 100 8ths., however i have shwaggy eatenn shit covered buds and only 2 or 3 oz... still beats mexican grass... as for the ladies that arent fucked, lets hope for a promising yield and a holocaust against those green motherfuckers.

E

el dub

Grasshoppers are moving through the area at present. Yesterday I found many in my patch, mostly on wooden garden stakes. Very little damage to the plants.

1 oz azamax to a gallon of water sprayed every 7-10 days.....

On the other hand, I have more invested in this bottle of azamax ($65) than you have put into the grow in question.

lw

jakezking

Catcher, I feel your pain. I had a few last year, and lost about 1/2 of a main cola due to 1 fat bastard that met his maker when I found him. This year is much worse, but I've been checking the underside of my leaves every day and plucking off any leaf with eggs on it. I also check the buds closely. I tried some Spinosad awhile back, and it seemed to work ok, but I don't want anything on my buds now the ladies are flowering heavily.

Good luck in your war, amigo!

catcherintheye

thanks man, there are so many damn eggs I cant Identify whats what to pluck them off. I guess no egg is good, but I could be killing benny eggs like ladies and such. I just got over it and doused the plants, theyre far too large.

Bulldog11

Veteran
If you read the Spinosad bottle is explains how long before harvest you can use it, and how it works. Long story short I believe it is a bacteria that lasts about a day on the plants. That is say apply when bugs are present. That will take care of every bug it comes into contact with. Then re-apply in a week because of any that didn't get hit with spray and any eggs that may have hatched. That usually gets rid of most bugs.

Kcar has a good idea with the mix of spinosad and safer in the same bottle. I have never tried it but it sounds like it would really do the trick.

Also, remember the little things like making sure your soil is dried out before watering. Watering in the mornings. Spraying in the mornings. All these things can prevent bud rot and powdery mildew. As for the caterpillars, I think you now know what to do.

MjBuddah

it sucks, but what you can do is water your seedlings with azatrol every 2 weeks... azatrol acts as an anti-feedant for catepillars. They will feel full, and will starve to death. hehe. yeah, but use it all the way into 4 weeks of flowering. Also, pick up Tanglefoot from Home Depot. put it on the main stem on the bottom and on the crevices. You can also get a bug zapper to kill moths, bc catepillars are baby moths. hope this helps. you can use the catepillar eaten buds for hash. so get yourself a hashmaker and some butane.

catcherintheye

thasnks bull, i wait till my plants droop to water them,I dont like to see em so thirsty but its better than PM. O yeahhh and im making bubble and bho! just busy with school right now. thanks for everything guys.:tiphat: