What's new

Auto Flowering Info

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I would like to ask for some help finding breeders who have auto strains because while searching at the boo and doing a search it comes up with no results.

Any tips on easy to grow strains with decent yields for an Inside grow room would be helpful :bump:

Domestic Goat

I have a similar question I plan on using ticks sogn box, and I would like an autoflower that would be suitable for a SOG grow.

Any help appreciated.

PS: Sorry for hijacking your thread roachclip just didnt want to clutter up the auto flower forum with similar questions

peace

DG

mobudda

Well I dunno how popular he is anymore but seems to have lots of autoflower seeds.

Have you tried the autoflower thread or Lowryder thread ?

I wouldn't recommend autoflowering plants for indoor personally. If you have room to grow an autoflower you have room to grow a standard plant and get better yield, potency and since you can clone standard plants are just plain easier since after the first seed grow you will have females every time.

Now if you plan on moving outdoors and have a nice warm all year climate I could see going autoflower. Maybe you can't grow indoors often, but if you can then why go autoflower? Just saying.. I've done it and welp.. it was mostly a pain in the ass. Managing more plants that yield less simply sucks imo. No offense to the autoflower breeds, they are getting better everyday, but so are most genetics. Autoflowers are also going to be less stable.

Anyway just throwing my two cents in there if you are just growing autoflower for the hell of it that can be fun too I suppose. If you are doing it because you think it will be easier I would disagree. In any case there are huge informative threads about autoflower strains just try using the advanced search if you can't find them. forum probably also has some info as autoflowers seem more popular over there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domestic Goat

Thanks for your reply regarding AF's

After looking over a few more threads it seems that it is for the best to use AF's outdoors. I will just find a good strain for indoor or maybe a few that are not AF and just keep cloning them in my SOG box. I am the type of smoke like many on here were I would rather have quality over quantity.

I do want to make some AF seeds for next year outdoors. How would one go about pollinating a AF? I do not care about actually smoking the bud I just want to make sure I have enough seeds for next year. Is it the same as a regular marijuana plant?

Peace

-DG

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
a lot will depend on size of your grow rooms as some autos can get quite big, at least in my experience

the beauty of autos is you can veg and flower in the same room so you wont have the hassle of having seperate rooms for vegging and flowering, also you can have a perpetual harvest, by this i mean plant 2 seeds wait 4 weeks plant another 2 seeds etc etc therfore you will get a harvest every 4 weeks if they are 8 week strains;)

if you looking for my recommendations on what to try id tend to stick with strains that have a good reputaion

mi5
onyx
russian rocket fuel
himalaya blue diesel
sour 60
big devil
lowryder #2
lowryder x ak47

then you have the super autos, im yet to see what these can produce indoors but if space isnt an issue im sure they will reward

im sure other people will give some recommendations im just refering to the 1s that will put you on your arse and give a mininmum of 1 oz yield :)

hope this helps

peace

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I have a 4x4x8 closet and it does make sense to grow regular strains but I figured it would be worth a trial run and see how it works out and if it's not worth the time then scratch the Idea and strart from square one lol.

Thanks for all your help and opinions.

DIRT DIGGLER

gypsy carries dinafem....get the Roadrunner,its gotta be one of the least talked about auto's and it's potent,tastey and has good yields
picture.php

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Wow that RR is one sweet plant :yes: DD what is the height of the plant if you know and did you weight the final yield after it was dried $ cured.

Dirk Diggler in “Boogie Nights" was a kick ass movie and it gets better every time I watch it thanks DD For your help & Your name ;)

I can recommend AF AK47, i had great succes. I had 8 in my 1x1x2m tent, and they filled it out :)

031.jpg

AF AK47 x lowryder#2
017-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Sorry for the picture frenzy, but these babies was tasty.
Best of luck. :tiphat:

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
free them are some sweet looking plants and have some killer buds, do you know what your yield was per plant dried & cured?

Peace Amigo> Puff Puff Pass ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Domestic Goat

Lots of good looking AF's in here, changed my mind about growing them.

I have actually changed my mind and im going to use Ticks SOG in box for a AF box. I am going to do it perpetually to harvest every 2 weeks.

Is sour 60 AF much like BOGS? I am also going to order the roadrunner as suggested. Any other suggestions? I care more about potency than taste, but taste is always a plus. Would like to get ahold of a few different strains for outdoor. Any one have any crosses that the seed banks don't sell? :plant grow:

Going to start construction on the box this weekend. I guess I am going to use a couple rubber-maids to keep a male and a couple females in to get my seeds so all my buds aren't full of seeds. Will be needing those next year for outdoor.

Peace

-DG
:smoke out:

P

Pandor

I have a quick question about autos and didn't think it deserved a thread of its own. My question is which is the most mold resistan auto out there? I live in a humid environment and was thinking about growing a few outdoors. Is MI5 mold resistant?

F

FullDuplex

I have a quick question about autos and didn't think it deserved a thread of its own. My question is which is the most mold resistan auto out there? I live in a humid environment and was thinking about growing a few outdoors. Is MI5 mold resistant?

You need to check out what mossy has to offer, i know a few of his are mold resistant, the jem is i know this for a fact. I hear that the Mi5 does not handle mold issues well. Can say this for a fact but its what i hear a lot about.

Muddy

I've had some issues this year with bud rot due to the hot, humid conditions here this year. I'm seeing that the phenos that produce the big, tight buds are more susceptible. Those with looser, more airy buds seem fine. I'm also seeing that the damn spider mites love the tight buds and seem to leaving the looser ones alone.

Xtensity

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but try not to think of AutoFlowering strains as strictly dwarf plants. There are many AF strains that will yield quite a bit and get fairly big.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I agree with Xtensity just take a good look at DIRT DIGGLER'S ( AF Roadrunner ) and another awsome selection of pics from freeworldorders ( AF AK47 x lowryder#2 ) Thanks guys for your help and fabulous pics> + Rep & My Props for a job well done :yes:

vicious bee

"I would like to ask for some help finding breeders who have auto strains because while searching at the boo and doing a search it comes up with no results."
Mdanzig has really great autoflowers and buying them at the Bou supports this forum.
https://www.seedboutique.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=97

"I do want to make some AF seeds for next year outdoors. How would one go about pollinating a AF?"
Pollination tricks and saving pollen:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=166164&highlight=pollen

"I live in a humid environment and was thinking about growing a few outdoors."

Blue Streak from Mdanzig has good mold resistance. I ran some Short Term Amnesia at the same time and the STA caught the rot. Blue Streak was fine.

I disagree that they're no good for indoor. You can fit a lot of autos in a small space to get your yield up. Think about the speed. 60 to 70 day turn around. When you take that into consideration your yield is a lot better. Autos are to me more fun to grow. Very fast feedback.

Latest posts

Latest posts