What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bend Resident, Sentenced for Conspiracy to Manufacture and Distribute Marijuana Under

PDX Dopesmoker

https://www.justice.gov/usao-or/pr/...ure-and-distribute-marijuana-under-name-bhoys
EUGENE, Ore.—A Bend, Oregon resident was sentenced to 36 months’ imprisonment today for running an illicit Butane Honey Oil (BHO) extraction lab on rural Bend property, announced U.S. Attorney Billy J. Williams.

Jacob Genaro Robe, 31 years old, was sentenced to 3 years in federal prison and 3 years’ supervised release.

“BHO extraction is a highly volatile and dangerous process that has resulted in explosions injuring and killing Oregon residents. When Oregon citizens passed state laws legalizing and regulating the manufacture of marijuana products including BHO, it was meant to bring those black market operations into the light of day and create safeguards protecting the health and safety of Oregon consumers” said U.S. Attorney Billy J. Williams. “Those laws are ineffective without enforcement. As this case demonstrates, there are individuals who will violate laws in pursuit of profits over consumer protections and we stand ready to hold them accountable.”

According to court documents, Robe and his brother created a vertical operation growing marijuana, manufacturing BHO and distributing it in other states for significant profit. On March 27, 2018, an Oregon State Police trooper stopped Jacob Robe for a traffic violation near Klamath Falls, Oregon. The officer recognized signs of drug trafficking and eventually located more than $20,000 in cash, BHO, and hallucinogenic mushrooms.

The Central Oregon Drug Enforcement Team had previously received information regarding defendant and his brothers having a BHO lab and selling BHO in other states, and detectives served a search warrant on the brothers’ rural property in Bend, Oregon. Also found were freezers with marijuana, drying racks with sheets of BHO and jars with their logo “THE BHOys.” (Photos)

In an unattached two-story structure approximately 179 large, mature, marijuana plants were located along with around 280 starter plants. Law enforcement located an indoor marijuana grow with hundreds of plants, a closed-loop BHO lab, 18 pounds of BHO, 200 pounds of marijuana and thirteen firearms. Police located the firearms in various places in the residence, including positioned near the front door (photo) in the kitchen (photo) and in Robe’s bedroom.

On November 25, 2019 Robe was charged by information, and on January 29, 2020 pleaded guilty to conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana.

Robe forfeited $23,000 in U.S. currency.

The Drug Enforcement Administration, Central Oregon Drug Enforcement Team and Oregon State Police investigated this case. It was prosecuted by Jeffrey S. Sweet, Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon, and the Deschutes County District Attorney’s Office.
robe_-_bhoys_jars.jpg

robe_bho_extraction.jpg

robe_-_bhoys_logo.jpg

G

The Feds and others are still on the hunt, and they're as hungry as ever, having lost much of their past staples for their over-paid tyrannical mission in life.

Headlines up here this AM in the Fairbanks Daily News Miner have another Alaska-Oregon resident going down for large scale distribution of cannabis, multiple counts over the years, use of a private aircraft taking "bulk cash" shipments back to Oregon, and a murder for hire bust, related to an older cultivation and distribution bust from his mine in Eureka Alaska over a decade ago.

The guy they popped for all of this nightmarish charging list is now 70 years old, and made the mistake of paying the supposed hit-man $10, 000 up front, with more payment later, after he thought the guy who owed him $75k was dead, paying the supposed hit man (a BATFE UC dude) with (if I recall correctly) 2.2 lbs. of hash oil in a jar... All of it recorded.

"Never break more than one law at a time" ... if at all possible..

On the bright side, at age 70, what ever sentence they give the guy, he only has X number of years left on the planet as it is, so....

And again, yep, the Feds and others are STILL hungrier than ever for those willing to stick their necks out too far.

And my favorite re-write to Canned Heat's 'Amphetamine Annie' who had in their chorus "speed kills,"... Maybe, but I know for a fact that "greed kills."

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
According to court documents, Robe and his brother created a vertical operation growing marijuana, manufacturing BHO and distributing it in other states for significant profit. On March 27, 2018, an Oregon State Police trooper stopped Jacob Robe for a traffic violation near Klamath Falls, Oregon. The officer recognized signs of drug trafficking and eventually located more than $20,000 in cash, BHO, and hallucinogenic mushrooms.

The Central Oregon Drug Enforcement Team had previously received information regarding defendant and his brothers having a BHO lab and selling BHO in other states, and detectives served a search warrant on the brothers’ rural property in Bend, O...

Robe forfeited $23,000 in U.S. currency.

Snitch... bullshit traffic stop/bust... paydirt.

Why the F do they never call my civic-minded ass up for jury duty?

Last edited:

wwoww

I just got out of fed prison. This guy debriefed or cooperated. 200+ lbs of weed is 100 kilos or more weed and its 5 years mandatory min. The gun charges carry more time to because you get a 922g or 924c charge. Most people that were in there for selling weed got 5-12 years. Average being 7. If you get caught at the border you always get less time.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I just got out of fed prison. This guy debriefed or cooperated. 200+ lbs of weed is 100 kilos or more weed and its 5 years mandatory min. The gun charges carry more time to because you get a 922g or 924c charge. Most people that were in there for selling weed got 5-12 years. Average being 7. If you get caught at the border you always get less time.

What were you in for?

wwoww

Do you mind going to this thread and posting up some lessons learned? Others may be interested, asking for a friend.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=377284[/quote
I posted something in there but I'd need direct questions to answer. I'm a good fed legal consultant because I was in for a few years I know how they run their stings and what they're looking for and what offences will get you time and how you get sentenced.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
"I'm a good fed legal consultant because I was in for a few years I know how they run their stings and what they're looking for and what offences will get you time and how you get sentenced."

That stuff. Ounce of prevention moving a pack of cured.